PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys Very Merry Christmas

mitchsfan
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Taken my wife, 2 year old and my wife's two friends down to WDW for the holiday break. We will be there from December 14th -20th.
Am wondering if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas is worth the price of admission? I have read some mixed reviews of the "show." I think the 2 year old will love the shows and the fireworks.
I thank you in advance for your honest opinions.
:mickey::beer::trooper:

Darbylew
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
We love MVMCP. All the rides are open, the
parade is great, there is snow on Main Street
and the fireworks are super. I think it is worth
the extra cost of the ticket. Of course you can
get in the MK at 4 PM with your party ticket.
There is also free cookies and hot chocolate.
We go to either MNSSHP or the MVMCP every
year. This past year we went to the Pirate/
Princess party and it was great. Enjoy! :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I have never been to MVMCP (this will be our first time 11/27). However, we went to the MNSSHP last year. Our girls were 3 1/2 at the time. They loved and and so did we.
A couple of items to think about:
1. The time: We left right after the first fireworks because the girls were tired and we do not like to push it. Just make sure you take it into account when deciding the cost factor.
2. It was much more crowded than during the rest of our visit (actually any visit we have done - most of which have been Mid Nov and Mid Dec).

When it came down to it, we knew that we would not stay much past 9:00 (as will probalby be the case with the Christmas Party). We were okay with this. However, we wanted to give them both a try at least once.

Good Luck with your decision!
Lori Ann

castlegirl
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Our DD was 4 when we went to MVMCP in 2005. She slept in her stroller through the entire parade!!

My advice :twocents: would be to use that day as an "off" day and not visit any other parks that day to relax and rest and then go to MK for MVMCP at 4:00. Your younger children may enjoy the evenings festivities if they are rested.

The rest of us loved the parade and the cookies & hot chocolate. We saw lots of characters, too, that we hadn't seen during the day and dressed up for the holidays!

Have a great time!

Bethis26fan
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
We went for the first time last year and loved it. We had my 2 year old cousin with us as well and he had a ball. We just let him take a really long nap earlier in the day before we went and he was awake the whole time of the party. He really loved the dance party I know we spent 45 mins there.

LoriMistress
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I have never been, but DH and I are planning to go twice this year! I'll be down there during that time. Maybe we might bump into each other!

Sweezy
09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
very much worth it

its been our family tradition since 93ish and we havent missed one since...

princessM0m
09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
We did this last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Learning lessons from our first "hard ticket" event, MNSSHP, which I came away from disappointed, I would suggest the following:

1. As others have said, get there as early as you will be allowed to enter (usually 4:00).
2. Scope out the events and decide which ones you want to do because you won't be able to do all of them. I recommend the parade and Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas (the later ones are easier to see/get into).
3. Don't use the party as hard-core ride time. Ride rides if time allows, but if you go there to focus on riding rides (as we did the first time) you will miss a lot of what the party has to offer.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
1) No
. . . the rides are pretty empty
. . . so there is little waiting time
. . . but, for riding, the price is pretty steep

2) Yes
. . . there is snow on Main Street !
. . . there are lots of seasonal activities
. . . there are special Christmas shows

3) Recap
. . . it is a good party to go for the events
. . . it is a waste of money to go for the rides
. . . we think it has value at least once

NOTE: I know many who go strictly for the rides and like the low ride attendance, and that is fine. Our opinion is that for the high price of the party, taking in the Christmas events is the value.

d_m_n_n
09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
We did this last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Learning lessons from our first "hard ticket" event, MNSSHP, which I came away from disappointed, I would suggest the following:

1. As others have said, get there as early as you will be allowed to enter (usually 4:00).
2. Scope out the events and decide which ones you want to do because you won't be able to do all of them. I recommend the parade and Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas (the later ones are easier to see/get into).
3. Don't use the party as hard-core ride time. Ride rides if time allows, but if you go there to focus on riding rides (as we did the first time) you will miss a lot of what the party has to offer.

I totally agree. And as castlegirl said use it as an "off" day. Otherwise your little ones will be pooped (and we know that's NO FUN!!). I also suggest that if you are staying after the fireworks to watch them from deep within the park. Trying to walk up Main Street against the traffic is very difficult and time consuming!

Goofy Pluto
09-14-2007, 01:56 PM
(this will be our first time 11/27).

I just wanted to say...

We'll be there the same night!!! :D

Hayden's Dad
09-14-2007, 04:11 PM
11/27 is our night also. First time for us as well and from what I have heard we are really looking forward to it:sleigh::snowman::deer::santa::santa3::tree::san ta3::santa3:

dolphinmickey9170
09-15-2007, 04:59 PM
We'll be there for our first time (holidays)the same week. We'll have fun, afterall, it's disney!:mickey:

SgtTigger
09-15-2007, 07:40 PM
My Opinion it is a must do.....

I really liked it the first time we went and no we don't go just for the rides..... We had an INTERCOT meet last time. I liked it so much that we have gone 2 times now and are going again this year......

:santa:

:cop: :tigger:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
My husband and I will be there on November 12,
for the first party of the event. It's an amazing party. The decorations, the rides, the characters, the hot chocolate, and the amazing Cinderella castle all lit up. WOW! Counting the days. We'll be on our ten year anniv.:santa::deer::snowman::santa3::sleigh:
51 days to go......................