PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, ect.

Mickeylover71
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I think that's it..the Monster's Inc. laugh floor? I know it's where the circlevision used to be...but i've only read about it. Has anyone been to this attraction and is it worth it?

Also, Carousel of Progress...when is it closed? I hope it's open next year when we go in September..I know it's a cheesy ride but so much fun :)

Thanks..you all seem very friendly.

Maleficent's Dad
09-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I was there two weeks ago. It's fun once, same routine the second time. Great interaction.

Oh, and I was chosen as 'THAT GUY' my second turn around with DD. I was NOT a happy camper!!!

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor is a lot of fun the first time. It's not an attraction that bears repeating.

I haven't heard of any planned closures for Carousel of Progress. I think you're all set on that one.

Mickeylover71
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Thank you for posting :) It's been a LONG time since my last visit. I definitely want to see Monster's Inc...but I think once is enough..i'd rather be on Space Mountain :mickey:

I read somewhere CoP is opened seasonly...Again i'm not sure b/c every time i've gone it's been open.

Friend of Figment
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
In August, the comedy floor wasn't the same both times I saw it. I had more variety that Tutle Talk does. It wasn't completely different, but was worth a second visit.

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I read somewhere CoP is opened seasonly...Again i'm not sure b/c every time i've gone it's been open.

The seasonal operation line has been out there a long time, but it has always been open when I've gone. I think you'll be able to see it. Happy planning!

Suzi Q
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Monsters Inc. was hilarious - I loved it! (of course, I wasn't THAT guy either!) - I can't really think of any other show that it's similar to, can anyone else?
The Carousel has been open most times I've been there, maybe it's not so seasonally open as cast members available to run it open, it's never full when I'm there - one of my favorites even though it is cheesy and seriously needs to be updated a decade or two. Oh great now the song is stuck in my head....It's a great big beautiful tomorrow!!!

pogo
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
We enjoyed the Laugh Club every time we went there in April........ except the first time when I made the big screen as "the Stinky Guy" and was shown four times. :blush:

We all laughed so hard....:funny:.. just do it and don't be afraid to go back again.... you will love it. :D

#1donaldfan
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Whoa !!!!! I wanted to crawl underneath my chair....if I could...... I'm very glad I wasn't "that guy"......ours was a very good sport though....when it came time for the kids, I glared at my three and dared them through the stare to NOT volunteer......there was a lot of interaction, but it's the same over and over and over and over....you get the picture I'm sure.....one trip is a must, and after that....well, that's up to you....I won't again.....too many cool rides to do......about the other I'm not sure......have fun...:mickey:

Darbylew
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
It was ok but I would not do it again. I would
rather spend my time on other attractions. As
for COP it has been open every time we have
been there. I enjoy it. Have a great time! :mickey:

SurferStitch
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't wait to see the Laugh Floor. It looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I just have to wait another 86 days.....:blowup:

drosenbe
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
come on guys...lighten up. I wasn't 'that guy', but I was put on camera...and one of my daughters jokes was used during the show!

I think i will probably go again, but probably not twice during one trip

Mickeylover71
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
I can't wait to see the Laugh Floor. It looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I just have to wait another 86 days.....:blowup:

Yes it does look awesome and I have to give it to Disney--they've made it more interactive and now kids can identify with stuff :mickey:

I have to wait 382 days :(

big blue and hairy
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Oh, and I was chosen as 'THAT GUY' my second turn around with DD. I was NOT a happy camper!!!

Why not??! It's not a personal attack. I'm pretty sure it's the area in which you're sitting. DW and I had gone a couple of times, the last time she's obviously looking for a seat. I didn't know what she was doing....all of a sudden I was that guy, I thought it was pretty funny.

:sulley:

wjrhw
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
DD6 loved this show. We went a second time and she was hoping that I would be "that guy". It was a lot of fun and we will do it at least once a trip (probably more).

COP was also open on all 5 of our previous trips. Even in January.

Maleficent's Dad
09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Why not??! It's not a personal attack. I'm pretty sure it's the area in which you're sitting. DW and I had gone a couple of times, the last time she's obviously looking for a seat. I didn't know what she was doing....all of a sudden I was that guy, I thought it was pretty funny.

:sulley:
The first time we went, "That Guy" was chosen from the middle in the back.
Knowing I didn't want to be on camera, I chose to sit front right (hoping against hope to not be a "part of the show.") I got picked. The rest of my family thought it was a riot. I'm the type that likes to be on the outside, not the center of attention. Of course it wasn't a personal attack, it's just not my style! ;)
Oh well, it was good fun.
I do enjoy the show, but if and when we see it again, I'll be praying (quite literally) to not be singled out!

Marker
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
The Laugh Floor was not open yet when we were there in March. I can't wait to try it out.

Personally, with all due respect to everyone's opinons, I'll wait to judge the ride for myself. I couldn't ever decide if an attraction was "worth it" based on the reviews of others. I gotta try it and judge it for myself.

As for being "that guy", sound like a hoot to me, wouldn't be a big deal at all, in fact, sounds kinda fun.

cal5755
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I can't wait to see the Laugh Floor. It looks awesome!

I can not wait for the kids to see this one, and me too!! We leave friday morning!! WOOHOO can not wait....

DisneyCouture
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I thought it was cute, but I wouldn't want to see it twice. I agree with the others who want to go on different rides. It is worth seeing once to make your own decision.

Disneypixie513
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
We went to the Laugh floor twice and it was a little different each time.. The 2nd time we went on it, me and my dad texted a joke to their number and my joke got picked! Here was the joke.
What do you get from Pampered cows?
Spoiled milk!
when we heard he say "okay now for some jokes from you. This one's from Sarah in VA!" We all looked at each other and freaked out. I was so excited!

Clotho
09-11-2007, 04:36 PM
We went 4 times. It was the same all but one time, when the little purple guy had a slightly different routine. I got picked on our fourth visit to tell the "knock knock" joke for him. I also got my texted joke chosen that same visit. I felt famous. I hated being on camera, but *shrug* it's all in fun.

I would say try it at least twice, to see if you get a different routine here or there. And the actors that play each role are varying degrees of funny, as well. We definitely had funnier times than others in ther ethanks to better actors.
Have fun!

wjrhw
09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
The one thing that everyone on the big screen had in common was that they were sitting in a spot with the lamps in front of them. Both shows that I saw, I was not in a row with lamps and was not on screen.

So, I'm pretty sure that if you really don't want to get picked, try to pick a row without the lamps in front of you.

Princess'Mom
09-11-2007, 07:37 PM
We loved Monsters, Inc. My 5yo DD still talks about that show. She was still cracking on "That Guy" 4 months later! I'll have to remember the tip about the lamps!! Good observation!

Bekka
09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
No matter where we go, my DH always gets chosen as the target of laughs. He was at the Adventurer's Club and asked to come do a risque dance (in front of my parents nonetheless) and tell the tale of how we met etc. He's a great sport.

We really liked the Laugh Floor. Lots of laughs. DH was chosen to talk about his favorite food. THAT GUY was sitting behind us and was amused with himself.
The funniest thing was when they asked a girl to tell a joke and she could barely muster "I..do..not...speak...english". SO Funny.
:mickey:

wedway fan
09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
heard on a disney podcast that they now give out a button or sticker after the show to "THAT GUY", so he can continue to play the role proudly even after the show!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-12-2007, 07:34 AM
This sounds like so much fun! I really hope they pick my DH for "THAT GUY." He is not shy at all and would be a very good sport. So, you think sitting him in a spotlight might work?

Now, me on the other hand, I am a little more reserved. I do not like to be the center of attention. (Funny how opposites attract) So, do they pick any females for parts in the show? Please tell me they do not. :D

We leave Texas tomorrow morning for 9 days of MAGIC!:magic::mickey:

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
The one thing that everyone on the big screen had in common was that they were sitting in a spot with the lamps in front of them. Both shows that I saw, I was not in a row with lamps and was not on screen.

So, I'm pretty sure that if you really don't want to get picked, try to pick a row without the lamps in front of you.

This was a suspicion of mine as well but on our second show, someone in our lamp-free row was picked for onscreen. I don't think you can count on it.

jrpersinger
09-12-2007, 08:13 AM
We loved Monsters Inc! DH got picked on both times he went in. The first time he was put on the big screen scratching his nose, just it looked more like he was picking it. He got a collective Ewwwww from the audience! LMAO!!! And the 2nd time, he was the chosen guy. We we right in the middle, but on the end of the aisle. It was really funny. DH had a blast with it!

Now the 3rd time I went in, the guy who got chosen got really mad. They were saying he was going to by Churros for everyone and he said they were being racist and got up to leave. I think everyone just kind of looked at him in shock at the way he responded. But whoever chooses the guy just picked someone else and kept going with the churro lines. I thought it was really funny personally! :confused:

Maleficent's Dad
09-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Not accurate. This is what I thought after the first show. I was nowhere near a lamp and was chosen as "That Guy."

heard on a disney podcast that they now give out a button or sticker after the show to "THAT GUY", so he can continue to play the role proudly even after the show!
Yup, you get a sticker as the show ends.
DW took mine for a scapbook. I wanted to burn the thing! :thedolls:

ncscgirl2005
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
This was a riot. We had lots of fun. I would do it again next time. The only thing I would suggest though is for women not to wear skirts. Why?? Because one lady wore a skirt and happenend to be sitting right behind someone that was chosen to be on screen. So everytime the camera flashed to that person her short skirt was clearly visible right in the background. She tried pulling it down and crossing her legs but to no avail. The skirt was just too short! Oh boy was she embarrassed!

Imagineer1981
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I just wish it was more like Crush, where even though it repeats some jokes, there is much more variety and you can see the show several times without being bored

Clotho
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I just wish it was more like Crush, where even though it repeats some jokes, there is much more variety and you can see the show several times without being bored

I agree, but theorize that it will when it grows a little more. Crush is just one actor. Monster Inc is many. There is great opportunity for variety down the line, depending on the "acts" they line up. I am hopeful it will continue to evolve!

LudwigVonDrake
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
I did Laugh Floor several times in July. I LOVED IT!! One time I got picked and Mac and Jeeves sang the new National Anthem of New York. The show was different a few times (Comedy in a Box and the Mind reading act) and we had different voices but overall it's a fun attraction :mickey:

pink
09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I thought it was a nice, new addition to Tomorrowland and it was even funnier because my brother was one of the kids picked. :mickey:

MushuGrl
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
We LOVED it! Did it three times - the first two, the characters were the same. The third time, Mac and Cheese became Sam and Ella, and the second guy (can't remember his name) his routine was totally different.

CaptSmee
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I was there two weeks ago. It's fun once, same routine the second time. Great interaction.

I was the person that "needs a hug" the 2nd time we saw it!

dizneynut
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
I would love to know if any ladies are picked, as well. I am shy by nature and do not handle being put on the spot well. One of my DDs is the same way.

It seems I am always the one to be picked for this type stuff. Even at 50's prime time cafe. The severs (cousins) always pick on me. I must have something on my forehead that says pick me. :blush:

I go along with it but do not enjoy it:sick:. I play along for my family's sake. My DH knows how painful it is for me and always tells me later what a trooper I was.

If I can sit and not worry about being picked, I will enjoy the show much more!

Thank you!
Gail :mickey:

Clotho
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, women are picked all the time. I was picked for the knock knock joke portion. But obviously, a woman won't be chosen as "that guy".

delusionalstitch
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I love this show. Even thou the "That Guy" is always the running gag of the show. They do change up the jokes. I generally hit the show everytime we go.

The last time we went They where retelling the store of Monster INC and I was pick as sully.

Soul_Power
09-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Laugh Floor is definitely something to do at least once per trip. My boyfriend and I were at WDW just this past summer and found it to be HILARIOUS! He was picked as "that guy," so it made our first experience there that much more memorable. I don't know how going back again will compare to our first time, unless he gets picked again!

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 08:43 PM
yes women are picked because i was picked! the little monster asked me how i was and told me nice to meet you. he said ok let's tell a knock knock joke. say knock knock. so i said knock knock and he said who's there. and i just stared at him like what am i supposed to say now? i went completly blank and the audience started cracking up. the little monster then says man you are really funny the love you. it was quite funny and i wasn't really embarrased because it was all in good fun. "that guy" was sitting a few rows in front of me. he was all the way in the front on the right. i was a few rows behind him on the end. we did have lamps in our row. so don't know if it makes a difference or not. they did hand that guy something at the end of the show wasn't sure what it was though.

Edenza
09-24-2007, 01:58 PM
We went during the Halloween party and we were near the front of the line (about 4-5 families back) & it was still a long wait, esp once we left the queuing area for the preshow. That said, my 4 yr old was "Boo" and that was a nice thing. Our That Guy was dressed as Jack Sparrow and by the end he was into being That Guy.

Hayden's Dad
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
We are looking forward to doing this in Nov, but what does it mean to be "THAT GUY" what do they do to this poor person that everyone heates to be him?

DisneyDudet
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I haven't been since the addition of the Laugh Floor, but wanted to make a comment about CoP.

If you look at the Disney Website, they do not have it listed at seasonal anymore. I've been checking... randomly for a lot of things, and it hasn't been listed for quite some time. Other seasonal attractions are still listed (ie ALL of Wonders of Life), so, barring any refurbs for your time, CoP should be open while you're there!

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
We are looking forward to doing this in Nov, but what does it mean to be "THAT GUY" what do they do to this poor person that everyone heates to be him?

I would hate to spoil it for you in case you are picked as "That Guy". All I can say is "May the Force Be With You!"

Just kidding....I think it would be fun to be chosen as "That Guy"! I sincerely hope you are chosen as "That Guy". "That Guy" isn't as bad as people make it out to be; wish I could be chosen as "That Guy" (but I'm a female so I don't think that will happen to me)

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 07:24 PM

it's bascially one person getting picked on during the show. no big deal just some folks find it offensive. i guess it depends on your personality.

GrmGrninGost
09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Monster's Inc. is really funny! Probably not something I'll do more than once or twice a trip, but I'll definitely do it every trip! :mickey: Carousel of Progress is now open all the time! It is one of my all time favorites and I was overjoyed at this bit of news! :thumbsup: