PDA

View Full Version : Calling all those waiting for the next trip!

Figment78
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
So... after some hard thinking and decision making, DH and I have decided to skip our October anniversary trip to the world and wait until 2010 to take our child for the first time (then 2). Yes, I know that's a long wait! But thinking about how wonderful that trip will be certainly helps!

However, as a disney addict, there are days when I am just hit by the urge to drive to the airport and get on the first flight to Orlando! Today's urge was triggered by the videos on the Backstage Pass email I received from Disney. Seeing the plans for the holidays in WDW plus that upbeat Disney "planning" music just tug at my heartstrings!

What are your Disney "triggers" that bring on that "GO RIGHT NOW!" feeling?

Lisa

Madame Leona
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I have it every single day when I watch Playhouse Disney with ds. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gets me everytime. Actually, intercot always gets me too. I've already started driving the family crazy with our next trip which won't be until Oct/Nov of 2008. Our second baby will be one then. My ds (19 months) told his dad he wants to stay at the Grand Floridian. Where do we get these kids from??? :mickey:

Mousehead35
09-10-2007, 07:48 PM
We've also decided to skip a trip to WDW next year.. we've been going once a year for the longest time, but decided it was time for a change. I don't know how I'm going to get thru it, so I'll be relying on everyones thoughts and trip reports to keep me going.

Keep posting everyone! :mickey:

Suzi Q
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh I hear you, I need my Fall trip and it's probably not going to happen - but never say never!!!!!!! I really can't whine - I snuck down in April for a quick pick me up with my sister - but I've been going in the Fall for 10 years and something is missing when I don't have it to look forward to.
Suzi Q

rt207
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
The strangest thing triggers my urge and because it's so strange, it happens frequently. We drive every trip so when I stop to get gas or go for fast food locally, it triggers the road trip to WDW urge.:drive:.

Tink#64
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm so glad I'm not alone! My biggest trigger is when I see WDW on The Travel Channel! Then I'm like obsessed with wanting to go now!:crazy:

We decided to do something different this year & took DS's to the beach, and we had a great time but now we're all having serious WDW withdrawal!:(

Now we're planning our next trip for Oct. '08, but that's sooooooo far off, I think the wait is going to be soooooooo hard!:drama:

Thankfully, I have all of you you here at Intercot for support!:thanks::rocks:

tarjaybuff
09-11-2007, 05:01 AM
In Sept 2006 on a Thursday night around 11:00pm a Disney Show came on the Travel Channel. We have seen it before, but that did it for us. That Sat. we were on a plane heading to WDW.:mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Everyday surroundings for us triggers a trip! Burnt bacon smells like Rome in SE, the air conditioning in the car can smell like a Disney building, when we look in the pantry and find my son's plastic Mickey dish from his kids meal, going to sleep at night and seeing the vacation albums under the nightstand......

I could go on and on. I am lucky my family shares the obsession. We are always saying "doesn't that look like, smell like......":mickey:

Disney Doll
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I feel your pain! We are skipping a year due to the birth of our son and it's killing me. I'm not sure I can make it another full year without a trip to the world. A couple of days ago I was helping my husband pack for a business trip and just getting out the suitcases made me want to go sooo bad.

fairies*n*fireflies
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm so glad I'm not alone! My biggest trigger is when I see WDW on The Travel Channel! Then I'm like obsessed with wanting to go now!:crazy:

I know what you mean and lately The Travel Channel has been showing the Disney Shows ALOT!!! We are talking either Fall Break or Christmas season next year. I really want to go at Christmas, but don't want to fight the humongous crowds that will inevitably be there during that time.

Can anyone tell me who has been to WDW at Christmas time, what the crowds are really like?

Vintage Disney
09-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Fairies n Fireflies , if you want to experience WDW during the Christmas season you should go during the first half of December. You'll see all the decorations and be able to enjoy MVMCP without all the huge Christmas week crowds.

We have many Disney triggers too :D. I always get excited when the Travel Channel shows Disney stuff too. I especially enjoy the Samantha Brown shows where she stays in different Disney hotels. This summer I have been traveling to Pittsburgh quite a bit and there is an Orlando flight that leaves right before the PIT flight. I always have to restrain myself from jumping on the Orlando flight:tiptoe:

wedway fan
09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
The strangest thing triggers my urge and because it's so strange, it happens frequently. We drive every trip so when I stop to get gas or go for fast food locally, it triggers the road trip to WDW urge.:drive:.

not so strange- i get the same trigger! the only time i ever buy anything from a gas station convenience store is on a road trip. frequently when i get gas, i think about going in for a lemon-lime gatorade, getting back in the car and continuing on to orlando!

magicofdisney
09-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I feel your pain! We are skipping a year due to the birth of our son and it's killing me. I'm not sure I can make it another full year without a trip to the world. A couple of days ago I was helping my husband pack for a business trip and just getting out the suitcases made me want to go sooo bad.
Pulling out our suitcases gets me every time also.

Figment78
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Does anyone ever listen to Cinemagic on XM Radio? I listen to it at work during the day (I love film scores) and sometimes, some of the films will remind me of either walking through MGM (oops - Hollywood Studios) or some of the science fiction movies sound a little like Space Mountain or Epcot future world!!!

Ariel_Fan
09-18-2007, 09:44 AM
My triggers are thinking of breakfast. I make the breakfast lasagna from Crystal Palace every once in a while for breakfast. Its really just teasing me. I DVR all of the disney shows on the Travel Channel and watch those when I need a fix too. I drive my husband NUTS talking about the next trips. In fact, I'm driving him nuts now talking about our trip next August!

Marilyn Michetti
09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh..............., I don't get to go this year either, and I can't stand it. DH says I have to get better first (I'm waiting for him to pat my head and give me a lollipop). Much more, and I'm going "over the wall". If there's enough to eat in the frig., he might not even know.:secret:

I keep looking at our countdown clock, and thinking, it's only 84 days till we're "not going".:drama:

DARN !!

julyjewel
09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
My tirggers are:

Looking at my photos/video
Walking into the Disney store
Having a bad day and wanting to get away

mousetrapper
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Gosh, what doesn't trigger the feeling of wanting to go to WDW NOW!?!?

:mickey:

Here's a recent example: My older DD and I were shopping in Target yesterday and saw some cute Disney Princess toys and dolls in the toy section (yes, she's 16 years old but will always love dolls - especially Ariel dolls!) and it really triggered my yearning to be in WDW. Hers too!

Only two months to go!!

:thumbsup:

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Now that I have found Intercot I would have to say this place is the biggest trigger for me. Reading all the posts on here makes me want to go right now.:pixie: