PDA

View Full Version : Fast passes and other items

disneymomw_3boys
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
We just recently returned from a trip and I was puzzeled by a couple things.:confused:

When we picked up our Fast Passes for TOT the cast member told us that time the Fast Pass expired was not a big worry. We were told that we could not get on the ride any earlier than the time stated on the pass but if we missed the magical hour they would still honor the Fast Pass. Is this true, cause in another situation we were at Magic hours over at Epcot and people were using Fast Pass to get on test track but I am certain they stoped giving out fast passes for any time later than 9:00 which means they had to be using expried passes also. Just an observation, anyone have any knowleged on this.

Secondly, speaking of extra magic hours, when this first started I believe Disney charged an extra $ 10.00 or so to be part of the program, when we attended two the EMH events the parks were packed. It was still a 40 min wait for Space Mountain. I recall when HMHs first started this ride being a walk on wait. Anyone have any observations on this.

My final question, the River Boat that goes around Tom Sawyer Island, is that on a track or does someone drive this??? Seems to big to navigate that waterway by itself, but who knows, any info would be appreaciated:number1:.

DizneyRox
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
1. Last I saw, the Fastpass window wa open ended. Under no circumstances is omeone to enter the line before their start time, but if pressed, the end time was not enforced. What you were told is true.
2. What you are referring to is/was e-nights. It was a seperate ticket, I think it got to about $15 or so towards the end. This has since been discontinued and was replaced with a "free" EMH program. Of course park admission and hotel rates have gone up significantly since the e-night events. I have found EMH times to be VERY crowded. The night time EMH don't start clearing out until a couple hours into the event. I stay clear of the EMH parks for the most park.
3. Yes, the boat is on a track.

KylesMom
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
When we picked up our Fast Passes for TOT the cast member told us that time the Fast Pass expired was not a big worry. We were told that we could not get on the ride any earlier than the time stated on the pass but if we missed the magical hour they would still honor the Fast Pass. This is correct. The CMs are very stringent on not returning before your FP time, but they've loosened their policy to let your FP be good through its "expiration" time.

Secondly, speaking of extra magic hours, when this first started I believe Disney charged an extra $ 10.00 or so to be part of the program, when we attended two the EMH events the parks were packed. It was still a 40 min wait for Space Mountain. I recall when HMHs first started this ride being a walk on wait. Anyone have any observations on this.
You are describing what used to be known as "E-Nights", a hard-ticket event which was limited to a certain number of tickets sold for cash. Now, Extra Magic Hours are good for anyone staying on Disney property - which makes it much more crowded than the old e-nights. We try to avoid evening EMH as much as possible during our summertime trips because they are insanely crowded.

Iluvpooh
09-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Evening EMH-100,000 people trying to get on the same 10 rides that are open. And another 50,000 non resort guest staying in the park to shop. HORRIBLE!!!
Although-I really do like Morning EMH, but only an hour is a let down. I would love for them to do a sunrise EMH-and let me in the park at 6am.

Speedy1998
09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Although-I really do like Morning EMH, but only an hour is a let down. I would love for them to do a sunrise EMH-and let me in the park at 6am.

I agree this would be great. I find that even without morning EMH the parks really do not get crowded till 1 - 2 hours after the gates open. However, as much as I would like to see the park open at 6am I just do not see it happening, especially during the summer when guest do not get out of the park till 11pm or later. Disney Maintenance needs some time to inspect and maintain the rides, and clean the park.