PDA

View Full Version : keeping Poly a secret!

mousetrapper
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
We are visiting WDW for Thanksgiving week. We decided to surprise our two DDs -- they know we're going to WDW, but we told them we were staying at CBR (our usual resort) but we've actually booked Poly! They love CBR, but they truly will be floored when we pull up to the Poly!!! (We stayed there only once before, back in 2001.)

I plan to arrange for Happy Limo to pick us up. I'm going to tell them that this is a secret. I hope the driver gets that message and doesn't spill the beans...

Anyone ever try to keep a secret like this from their family until the last minute? I feel like I may slip and let it out by accident!:secret:

disneymomw_3boys
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
We just got back from a trip last weekend where we told our 9 year old we were heading to Ormand California. He didnt hear the announcement at the begining of the flight that we were going to Orlando, but as we landed he said he noticed that there was a lot of wet lands in the area and that reminded him of the last time we went to Disney.:confused: Then the announcement came that we were landing in Orlando and once we got out of the plane he saw the Disney store and put it all together.:number1:

It was fun while it lasted and was a great surprise :party:for him as what he did not know was his cousin from the other side of the State were there at Disney to meet and spend a few days with us.

Anytime you suprise your kids its fun for both, good luck on the surprise the Poly is Great and you will have a good time.

iheartmickey
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, I'm trying to do the same thing!

I didn't tell DH that I booked the Poly for the last two nights of our stay coming up in Oct. I booked this over a year ago and I haven't let it slip yet. I'm so nervous the closer it comes the more we talk about our trip ... I'm afraid I might accidently say something.

I still don't know how I'm gonna pull of the luggage transfer and packing with out him thinkking something is up.

Good luck keeping it a secret. :secret:

Isn't if fun knowing you're gonna surprise someone! :thedolls:

I believe
09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Secrets are so fun! Last year Santa surprised our girls with a Disney trip! He and I "worked together" on the planning for months! It was so hard not to let anything slip. Whenever I did come close, nobody caught on, because they had no idea to even suspect anything.
When Christmas morning finally came, the girls were so blown away, they didn't noticed DH and I were not quite as shocked by the news as they were. It was priceless! It was the biggest secret I have kept in a LONG time!:secret: