PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs - Building Request?

BluegrassDaisy
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
We're staying at SSR for the 1st time in October and I'm wondering about making a building request. I've never made a room request as a DVC member. Can any of you suggest a building that will be closer to the main building (I am a big fan of the refillable mug program!) What about The Springs? Thanks :mickey:

Mushu11756
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
I've read from other posts that Congress Park 2nd floor or higher is the best to request for it's view of DTD. I've never stayed there myself YET.... but my family and I are going in Feb. and requested Congress Park and got it on the Top floor.

As far as location to the Main Building I'm not sure? I think it's farther away. I'm sure someone else will post that info for you!:thumbsup:

Good luck and enjoy your trip:mickey:

sillyolbear
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Congress Park gives you close proximity to Downtown Disney and a reasonably close walk to Artist Palette to take advantage of the refillable mug.

If DTD isn't a big deal, then the Springs would probably give you the shortest walk to refill your mug.

queen2princesses
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
The Springs is the closest to the main pool (which has a place to refill fountain drinks) as well as Artist's Pallete (fountain drinks and hot beverages).

However, if you will be using Disney transportation, The Springs is the last stop for both pickup/dropoff. If you have small children, this is something to consider. When we were there in Aug by the time the bus got to Congress Park and The Springs, it often was standing room only and a couple of times the bus didnt even stop for The Springs b/c it was already full (EMH in the am).

We stayed at the Paddock in Aug. It really wasn't that far away. Since we were the third stop, I could drop my 2DD off with my mom and walk to/from getting our drinks in less than 10 min...sometimes passing people who got off at the Springs. Also at the Paddock there was a quiet pool and a playground.

If you have your own car and are just looking for the building closest to the activities, The Springs is the closest with Congress Park also close and Congress Park close to DTD.

Hope this helps!

MinnieMommie
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
We stayed at Grandstand in June and our building was just about as close as you can get to the main buiding. By the way, we had our own refillable mug station at our pool so didn't have to wander back and forth for drinks. I think all the pools have them now. :mickey:

BluegrassDaisy
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
What hours are the drink stations at the pool areas available?

MinnieMommie
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
What hours are the drink stations at the pool areas available?

I don't remember exactly. It seems it was open at our building (Grandstand) from mid-morning to early evening. :mickey:

GreenBeetle
09-14-2007, 10:17 AM
We requested the Springs last October due to its close proximity to the pool, front desk, food court and gift shop. We loved it there - It was very convenient to everything. And the boat to DTD is not a far walk from there.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-20-2007, 12:27 AM
We are in the Grandstand right now and could not be happier with the location. I had requested this section since I heard it was the first stop and with small kids and my bad knee it has certainly been a huge plus. The resort is very quiet but, the buses are usually standing only by the time they get to the Springs this week.

Our room is right across from the quiet pool here which is great and a very quick and easy walk to the main building and pool. Trust me, we have hit the main pool and slides almost every night!!

The resort is very large but, we walked from our room to Downtown Disney one day with the kids. DD 3, never asked to ride in the stroller. Long walk but, not a huge issue at all. We took the boat back which was quick and pleasant.

We had Garden Grocer deliver food and drinks to our room so we have not used the refillable mugs. The 1 bedroom has been great for us and I now understand why people say you will never appreciate a "regular" room again.

The buses have been awesome. We have not waited more then 15 minutes to or from the parks. We walked right on after Fantasmic last night. Very pleased with the bus service and the drivers.

The entire resort is very clean and a great place for adults and kids.

Can you tell we are having a great time?!:blush:

MinnieMommie
09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
We are in the Grandstand right now and could not be happier with the location. I had requested this section since I heard it was the first stop and with small kids and my bad knee it has certainly been a huge plus. The resort is very quiet but, the buses are usually standing only by the time they get to the Springs this week.

Our room is right across from the quiet pool here which is great and a very quick and easy walk to the main building and pool. Trust me, we have hit the main pool and slides almost every night!!

The resort is very large but, we walked from our room to Downtown Disney one day with the kids. DD 3, never asked to ride in the stroller. Long walk but, not a huge issue at all. We took the boat back which was quick and pleasant.

We had Garden Grocer deliver food and drinks to our room so we have not used the refillable mugs. The 1 bedroom has been great for us and I now understand why people say you will never appreciate a "regular" room again.

The buses have been awesome. We have not waited more then 15 minutes to or from the parks. We walked right on after Fantasmic last night. Very pleased with the bus service and the drivers.

The entire resort is very clean and a great place for adults and kids.

Can you tell we are having a great time?!:blush:

How cool! It does sound as if you are having a wonderful time! I think you are in the same building we were during our June stay. It was the best location possible. Just and FYI in case you don't know. You can get free DVD rentals from the community room. The staff is very nice and helpful and the selection is not bad. Keep us posted. You make me long to be back at SSR. :mickey: