PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier question

Dyanna
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I have ressies at LeCellier for dinner at 6:50pm. We did not want to miss Illuminations that starts at 8pm. We can get lunch ressies for 2:50pm that same day. Which would you do?

mook3y
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
So long as you don't have to be in the very front to watch illuminations, you should be done with dinner just in time to go watch the show. Just don't take too long with dessert. :)

mjaclyn
09-10-2007, 12:00 PM
If you're paying out of pocket for Le Cellier instead of using the Dining Plan, I would take the lunch ADR - the menu is almost the same and it's alot cheaper than dinner.

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Our reservations were for 6:40 and we were done by 8, plenty of time to catch Illuminations. Our service wasn't smooth or friendly, but it sure was fast. It felt as if our server couldn't wait to get us out of there and on to the next group. I would stick with dinner. If you look over the menus for lunch vs dinner, they are really not almost the same and the dinner offerings are much more varied and substantial.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/lecellier_dinner.asp

MidnTPK
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
There's either a typo here or there is something else wrong with the times mentioned: Illuminations is at 9 pm, not 8 (unless you're there Thanksgiving week, when it's at 9:30). So a 6:50 ADR leaves plenty of time for the 9 PM Illuminations.

SurferStitch
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Just a warning...

The wait times at Le Cellier can be ridiculous sometimes. We had a 6:45pm ADR one time (October of 2005), and weren't seated until 7:50 pm. Dinner took a while, and we missed the first half of Illuminations. I wasn't about to rush an expensive meal to go out and see it, so we just went back another night to view it.

Last year we had to wait about 35 minutes past our ADR time (December). 6-8pm is a prime dinner time, and we seem to have bad luck the past couple years getting our table in a reasonable amount of time. Now I know....so I make our ADR earlier in the evening.

DDuck66
09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
You should have plenty of time to watch Illuminations after your dinner....unless you are planning on getting a front row seat at one of the viewing areas. If you are planning on that, you need to be at the viewing area by 7-7:30.

MsMin
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Last Dec. (late 2nd week) we had ressies @ LeCellier @ 7:20 waited for our table had slow service and still made it to illuminations which was @ 9:30 then.
I've never been to EPCOT in October do they start Illuminations that early? It's barely dark especially in October.

LudwigVonDrake
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
You should be done with dinner in time for Illuminations.

I ate at Le Cellier for lunch in July and it was YUMMY :tasty:

gtpooh
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
You can also try to show up a little early for your ADR. When we've done that, I feel like we've been able to get seated a tad earlier than had we shown up on time....