PDA

View Full Version : should I call or fax requests prior to leaving

lilmattie13
09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
We are leaving in two days for WDW:party:

My travel agent has already put in the requests with our reservation as we need a first floor and definitely non smoking because I have someone handicapped and very bad asthma.

I have read about some people calling or faxing requests prior to leaving just to make sure they get some of their requests met.

Is this a good idea to do? If so does anyone have the phone number to call or to fax to?

Is it better to fax or call?

Confusion, confusion :confused:

I just dont want to get down there and have any problems with someone disabled and two toddlers in tow.

We are staying at POR arriving on the 12th.

Thanks everyone for input.:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
From what I understand, fax requests are not being honored because the room assigners have been swamped with them I am sure you are fine since you have a medical need for the first floor and it's noted in your reservation. I would call back to double or triple confirm that it's there.

FYI -- all the rooms are non-smoking now.

Strmchsr
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
:ditto: If your reservation notes that you need a first floor room due to medical reasons you'll get it. I don't think you need to bother with a fax or calling for the reasons given above. Just check your reservation confirmation you got from the TA and make sure the notation is there. If not, then I'd call WDW reservations just to make sure they have it in their system - 407-W-DISNEY. You can try to call POR directly at 407-934-6000, but sometimes you get sent to central reservations anyway.

cperry92380
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
When I faxed a room request (non-medical) to the Poly in Nov 06 it was honored to the "T" (granted I didn't ask for a specific room #, but they did give us the building, floor, and view I asked for).
Never hurts to double and triple check... just in case.
But like the others have said, if you request is medical, you'll have no probs!

Have a great trip... and think of all of 'us' while you're having fun in the world!!!!