PDA

View Full Version : Evening AK EMH

DisneyAddict62
09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
The evening we arrive, AK has EMH that keeps it open until 11 PM! Has anyone been this late to AK? What all is open, as I assume they wouldn't be running the Safaris since it is dark out!
Also, we would be getting there around 9, when the park is actually closed, so will they just give us a wrist band when we get there and show them our resort ID, or will it be too late?

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
The Safaris will most likely run during EMH as long as there is sunlight, from my experience. I don't know if they've changed the rule, but it used to be that you had to be in the park prior to one hour before closing. So, in your case, you would need to be in the park by 10. I didn't see that policy listed, so they may have taken that away.

Info on attractions and wristband locations as per Info Central:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
The Boneyard
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids (seasonal)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (seasonal)
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin

Wristbands can be obtained at the following Animal Kingdom locations;
The Main Entrance area, Entrance to Asia, Near the Boneyard in Dinoland, It's Tough to be a Bug, and the Harambe School in Africa.

Here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp) is more information on EMH from Info Central

Quasimodo
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
We did EMH at AK back in May. Its a great opportunity to ride Expedition Everest with little to no wait. My wife and daughter rode it three times that night (I sat out because I get motion sickness on it). The Finding Nemo - The Musical attraction was not open to our disappointment. The Safari wasn't either, but we expected that due to it being dark. In fact they had all of Africa closed. We actually ran out of things to do before EMH was over, but thats primarily because we weren't interested in anything in Dinoland (except Nemo). But I would still recommend giving it a try if you get to WDW soon enough. Especially if you're an Everest fan.