PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom morning extra magic hour

tkerbow
09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
On Monday, Sep. 17, we are going to the Animal Kingdom at 8:00 a.m. for the extra magic hour. Does anyone know if it's worth it and what attractions will be open that early?:mickey:

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
If you are really wanting to see the animals and hit EE, then, yes, it is worth it. You can, most likely, hit both attractions prior to park official opening if you were there before 8. This is the best time to see the animals very active on the Safari as well. We've gotten REALLY close to animals at this time of day.

Here are the attractions open during AM EMH:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Kilimanjaro Safaris

If you visit Info Central's EMH Page (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp), you will be able to find a lot of answers about all the EMH's!

tkerbow
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
That is awesome info.! Thanks so much!:number1: Hook 'em Horns! TK in Austin.

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
That is awesome info.! Thanks so much!:number1: Hook 'em Horns! TK in Austin.

No problem. But I just have two words...

Boomer Sooner!

See ya October 6 in DALLAS!

magicman
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I think it's definitely worth it to go to AKs morning EMH. I've seen many more animals early in the morning on Kili Safaris which is a big plus.

My routine for AK EMH morning is to go straight to Expedition Everest & ride it. When I get off, I get a fastpass for later, then I make a beeline for Kili Safaris. After I get of the Safari, I go to It's Tough To Be A Bug. After that, it's usually time to use my EE Fastpass.

SBETigg
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
EMH parks get big crowds, so I would throw in the concession that it is worth it if you have the parkhopper option and hop on out of there once it crowds up. If you're not hopping, there's no point spending a whole day in an extra crowded park just for the one early hour with the animals. They can be almost as active in later parts of the day-- our best safari experience yet was at 11 am and we've done early morning. I find the AK to be much more comfortable on non-EMH days with the exception of the few first hours of a morning EMH, when it is still light on crowds.

tkerbow
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey DisneyDudet! I think your shorts are a little too tight. Hey look, they are Texas shorts! That's the kind Willie Nelson wears. I think Willie was the hook up for Ricky Williams. OU looks really good this year and I hope we are both defeated for the big game in Oct.

Thanks all for the great info. and we now have a game plan.

By the way, does baby elephant taste better roasted or poached!?! Get it, poachers....!;)

Crystal Palace
09-11-2007, 10:25 AM
If you are really wanting to see the animals and hit EE, then, yes, it is worth it. You can, most likely, hit both attractions prior to park official opening if you were there before 8. This is the best time to see the animals very active on the Safari as well. We've gotten REALLY close to animals at this time of day.

Here are the attractions open during AM EMH:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Kilimanjaro Safaris

If you visit Info Central's EMH Page (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp), you will be able to find a lot of answers about all the EMH's!

Thanks for the info! My mom and I were thinking about utilizing the extra morning hours for this park, and now we definately will!:bambi: