PDA

View Full Version : response to epcot being least favorite park

Nekochan
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I think alot of people focus on the outlying buildings (the land, the seas etc.) and totally skip over innoventions - BIG mistake. For kids, innoventions is probably the best designed interactive exhibit at Disney.

When you go to Epcot with your kids, you MUST go to Innoventions east. You can easily go while you're waiting for a fastpass to soarin' or test track. It has the 'fantastic plastic works' where the kids get to design their own robots, and then run the robots in a race by running on an interactive pad. may the best robot win!!! Plus, you get to bring home a free plastic robot (YES, there's actually something free at disney that doesn't involve their vacation club)
Also, in the same building is the test the limits lab where kids get the chance to try to smash things and a walk through exhibit called the 'house of tomorrow'.

tink'72
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
One of our FAVORITE parks is Epcot. My kids love it. My DD is 10, DS 15 and DS 4.
They love it. They enjoy going to park where everything is so hands on. One year they actually made paper in Innoventions. They thought that was a blast. They also enjoy the Living Seas. We spend ours in both of these attractions! Epcot is the first park we visit each year.

DDuck66
09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
As a frequent visitor, I have noticed that we spend more and more time at EPCOT. There always seems to be something going on. We can easily spend a Saturday or Sunday at just half of the park.

threeh
09-10-2007, 09:03 AM
My family kids age 10, 7 and 5 spend the bulk of our time at EPCOT. Our last trip in 06 we were really able to explore more than ever and we had the best time. IT was the first time we went to innoventions and we spent soo much time there. We also played the computer game after you ride MS. Sometimes we would go over to EPCOT just to play that game, its really fun!! We also explored each country by getting our "passport" stamped. The kids just loved it.
ECPOT is my fmilies favorite as well. I can't wait to go back, It's all we talk about. We'll go to EPCOT and we'll....
Happy Planning!!!:mickey:

tiaramom
09-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I find Epcot very educational for all ages.
I can spend an entire day here-
Eating, Walking, shopping and playing.
I am finding MGM a bore these days.
I really enkoy the setting.
The only things we see are Little Mermaid and Playhouse Disney on stage.
Eating is Holly wood and Vine (character)
and then we are through. I have a toddler,
Its really getting boring. The muppets are outdated and I cant stand the Great movie ride.
I love the candy cauldron store in Mgm theat is tasty.
I know they are changing it around a bit- I cant wait for that day to come. Its a waste of $$$ if not on the hopper. ( for us)
I love Super Soap Weekend though...
I think I may even skip this years Mgm and venture to Seaworld- and maybe go for an hour over to MGM another day for our couple of attractions. Please revamp this park in a hurry and bring on some toddler fun!!!

offero
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I could spend days at Epcot and not be bored with it. My wife has even said that she once hated it, now that she is older it is her favorite park.

As for innovations, my last trip was one of the first trips to innovations in years. I went there once as a kid and was kind of disappointed with it. but last trip it was fun and interesting. .

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I am guilty of not exploring Epcot. When I read how so many Intercotees consider Epcot their favorite park, I often wonder why. Don't flame me - I suppose I am really just an Epcot rookie. We are planning our next trip in December 2008 and I fully intend to change my status! I will be asking lots of questions!!

SueQ
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I love EPCOT!!! My sister and her family are not big on it...too educational I think. I love going through everything (Living Seas, The Land, Innoventions...) and I love going through the countries. Trying different foods, shopping... I really love EPCOT when I go right after Thanksgiving. This park is beautiful all lit up for Christmas...:thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
09-10-2007, 10:41 AM
My DH & I LOVE Epcot, it is our favorite park. We love shopping, eating and walking through the World Showcase. Also, love all the thrill rides too. It is a great place with lots of variety!

wedway76
09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
We LOVE EPCOT, but to each his own.

If there is one thing that I've learded by frequenting sites like this is that people have very different likes and dislikes.

DawsonAR
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
We LOVE EPCOT. We spend as much time there with our kids as we do the MK. When it is just hubby and me, we spend even move time there. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Another BIG :fan: of Epcot! Started off not really into it, and now it's my second favorite, and the Princess ranks it her number one!:wave: Can't to see it again during the holidays!!!

tinksmom02
09-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I love Epcot, too! I think DD(5) would rank it her second fave, after MK.

I must admit, though, we haven't explored FutureWorld too much. Soarin, SSE (which will be closed next visit), and The Seas...we spend the bulk of our time in the WS.

She would enjoy making a robot, though...is that in innoventions East or West? Will have to add that to our list...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Epcot is our favorite park. My kids 10,7 and 3 love everything about it.

I wll admit though, it was not a favorite the first few times we went. So, I can understand some people not loving it.

The only thing I ever say is give it another try, you just might be surprised! :)

2Epcot
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM
We don't have any kids yet, but I fell in love with Epcot when I was still a kid. We've always spent most of our time there.

mainemajor
09-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Epcot is my favorite park. With that said until this last trip I had only cruised through inoventions never really stopping. Well as it happens in August in Orlando some huge thunderstorms hit the area. We rushed to the nearest building that happened to be Inoventions east. We had a blast! There was much more to do than I ever thought there was. When the rains let up and we headed out to enjoy more of the park, but when the storms returned we headed for Inoventions west this time. Again, so much to do. The cm's here were great to all of us rain soaked tourists. The pavillion is suppose to close at 7, but when 7 came no one made any effort to clear out the place. They were stationed at the doors, not allowing anyone else to enter, since they were "closed". We were told we could stay as long as we wanted, but once we left we could not re-enter. Next trip we will spend time there no matter what the weather outside.
Just one more reason Epcot is the best of the parks and my families favorites:mickey:

FriendsofMickey
09-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm am on of the ones that voted EPCOT as my least favorite. I have gone each visited and I am not saying I haven't enjoyed some aspects, but it just really has never been my favorite.

Last year, I posted about ideas of what to do and was so ready to change my mind on the park. Then we had a 'bad' experience first thing in the morning and it tainted the entire day.

I have planned 1 full day and one day until 3:00 for this park again this year. (We might go another night too). I am set on discovering what I am missing.

I told my dh this year we are stopping at every KIDCOT stop (he was not thrilled with them last year and we only stopped at 3 or 4. The girls liked them though.)

We bought the stamps last year, but since we were in such sour moods, we left after dinner (went back to the resort to swim) and never used them. So, I have them for this trip.

We have always gone into innovations, but I never noticed the robots, so I am going to look for them this year. (I have it on my list of to dos).

It also helps that my girls will be tall enough to ride some of the 'big' rides this year.

Any other helpful hints, would be really appreciated. :)
Lori Ann

#1donaldfan
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
WOW !!! I had no idea of how much we were missing at Epcot.......next time I'm sure we'll look at it a lot differently......thanks to all on intercot for the insight.......that's why I like this site......keep it up.......:thumbsup:

bkfree
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Epcot is also a favorite of ours and our two kiddos, ages 6 and 8. I think MGM and Epcot are their favorites. MK is 3rd and AK a distant
4th. Guess we walk to our own beat.
We so love all the shows and entertainment at each country. We find so much to do and love to meader through, taking our time and seeing it all. Not to mention all the great food at each one. We usually give Epcot a day and a half, but next trip my kids voted to give it two whole days and skip AK.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll admit, I was always a MK person, until DS came along. We first went when he was 3 and we didn't get out of Future World that trip......we spent two days exploring all FW had to offer!!! Now that DS is 5 we usually spend at LEAST two if not three days out of 7 at Epcot!! Arrival day is short, so we do MGM -- DS is not thrilled over it and we can do that park in 1/2 day. AK is another park we can do 2 days at easily and since it is a 9-5 kind of park that is why we can do 2 days there. On day 3 we usually venture to MK if not the second half of day 2 and then we do not go back until the last day. In between we go to Epcot, Epcot, Epcot!!!

I have a new appreciation for Epcot BECAUSE of my son! We have discovered so many things together there and he has learned SO much at Epcot!! He knows for sure to do two things each trip: Robot race and Myuki (sp?)....he enjoys them, and has to do them, but they are not primary on his list. He enjoys going into the country pavilions and exploring other "worlds".

Epcot is a great place and a gem in my mind.

KAJUNKING
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
epcot is one of my favorites, im really on the fence about mk and epcot, it is tough for me to choose one over the other as a favorite, we do spend more time at epcot while we are there

2 days left

wire0monkey
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I am guilty of not exploring Epcot. When I read how so many Intercotees consider Epcot their favorite park, I often wonder why. Don't flame me - I suppose I am really just an Epcot rookie. We are planning our next trip in December 2008 and I fully intend to change my status! I will be asking lots of questions!!

There are Christmas themed story-tellers in every pavilion in World Showcase. You might like that.

If you're Christian, you'd probably like the Candlelight Processional as it has a reading of the Christmas story by some really great entertainment people.

I always like the street shows in Epcot's World Showcase.

And Soarin' is a great ride. My kids really like the Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Illuminations is a great fireworks show.

I like the lower key day of eating and shopping and show watching in the World Showcase. The shows there are more cultural and performer oriented and less technology and glitz and sparkle. The taiko drums and the fife and drum corps are big hits with my kids.

jonah'smom
09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
We had been to Epcot 3 years in a row, and missed out on Innoventions until just last year. We were surprised at how much we all (me, DH & DS6) enjoyed it. We have found that we enjoy our time at Epcot a little more every year. In fact DS keeps talking about going back to that place where those cool games are at Epcot! He's really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see how much fun we have there this year while it is all decorated for Christmas!

Princess'Mom
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I too love Epcot. I didn't think DH would like it, but I think it is one of his favorites. I really liked the Land. It is really educational yet fun at the same time! Somehow we have missed out on Innovations. We will have to try that the next time we go. Last May during the Flower and Garden Fest, we really enjoyed all of the exhibits. My daughter got a big kick out of all of the flowers and topiaries. In one of the play areas for children, I had to actually touch the "turf" to see if it was real or not. So life-like!
I love all of the countries. My favorite is Japan. We spend a lot of time in the department store. I make it a point of getting a pearl and having a piece of jewelry made for someone back home. It is beginning to be a tradition!

disneynarula
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I love Epcot. It is my favorite park. I think that Epcot is def. the sort of park where you have to "stop and smell the roses." It isn't the type of park where you can just go on ride after ride after ride like the MK. There is so much more than rides there.

I would highly reccomend spending some time at innoventions.

I also used to love to spend time in The Wonders of LIfe.We would sometimes spend hours there. Not any more I guess. :shake: