PDA

View Full Version : Southern Intercotee Meet!?!?

tinkerbelle75
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
A couple of other Intercotees and I have discussed having a meet/dinner/get together somewhere in South or Central Alabama/ Florida Panhandle. Anybody interested?

ibrowse17
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
We live in Mobile, and would be interested:thumbsup:

MsMin
09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Is this going to be during football season??;) I don't know if I can drive to Alabama with LSU on my car :jaw: Are we welcome from Louisiana?

Darbylew
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM
We live in the panhandle of Florida so we might
be interested. Just depends on when and where
the meet would be.

tinkerbelle75
09-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Is this going to be during football season??;) I don't know if I can drive to Alabama with LSU on my car :jaw: Are we welcome from Louisiana?
LOL I think it would be OK. I am a Gator fan in the midst of the Bama/Auburn people......

tinkerbelle75
09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
We live in the panhandle of Florida so we might
be interested. Just depends on when and where
the meet would be.

We need to figure that out, don't we? How far would you guys be willing to drive?

pixiesmimi
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm all for it. Maybe we can do it on a day when everyone has an away game. Is there such a thing? :) May have to wait until after football season. It may take us that long to plan it. I think we need to see where everyone would be coming from and plan it an equal number of miles for everyone, if possible, especially if some are coming from LA and Mobile. Let's throw out some suggestions for the place and then we can work on the time.

murphy1
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't think the Tiger people are gonna like this USF BULLLLLLLL there!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!:blush:

tinkerbelle75
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
What about Panama City or Dothan?
They both have some wonderful places to rent or go to.
Any other suggestions?

Here we go again...
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm game! Just let me know when and where!!

It has to be as far as Foley Alabama so I can go eat at Lamberts. :tasty:
Hmmm... we could have the meet there and get rolls thrown at us! :D

tinkerbelle75
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
OOOOHHHHH Foley Sounds good - then we can SHOP!!!!!:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
OOOOHHHHH Foley Sounds good - then we can SHOP!!!!!:thumbsup:

Of course we would have to shop!! We would have to work all of that food off. :D

pixiesmimi
09-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm game for Foley (my best friend and business partner lives there) or Dothan or P.C. All are fine with me.

Murphy1: Doesn't bother me if you come. :) We beat ourselves and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. :( I'm not going to congratulate you but by the time we have this meet, we will be over it and moving on. :) By the way, you have a good quarterback. I'm not like my DSIL and get all bent out of shape about these things.;)

tinkerbelle75
09-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Well I am a Gator fan, so imagine my dilemma when I had to pull for TROY this week, since I know lots of the guys on the team!!

Fans of any team are fine with me! Being an Intercot member will excuse your bad taste in football, especially if you go for FSU!:secret:

SgtTigger
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm game! Just let me know when and where!!

It has to be as far as Foley Alabama so I can go eat at Lamberts. :tasty:
Hmmm... we could have the meet there and get rolls thrown at us! :D

Hey Angel.............. No matter where it is if we go Ill be glad to throw rolls at you.............

:funny:

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
09-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Hey Angel.............. No matter where it is if we go Ill be glad to throw rolls at you.............

I'm gonna sit right in front of you and yell and scream for a roll.... when they throw it, I'm gonna duck and let it hit you in your big old head. :D

Piglet822
09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

You're never happy unless you're stirring up trouble, Bret. Now you've got all 3 of us involved in this thread, me, Angel and Beth.

Whatcha gonna do???????

Here we go again...
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
You're never happy unless you're stirring up trouble, Bret. Now you've got all 3 of us involved in this thread, me, Angel and Beth.

Whatcha gonna do???????

Thanks Jeanne!

Yeah Bret... Whatcha gonna do????? :fresh:
:trio:

tinkerbelle75
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks Jeanne!

Yeah Bret... Whatcha gonna do????? :fresh:
:trio:

Um... Hopefully he will come too????:mickey: I am interested in seeing this little battle unfold! :D

MsMin
09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Shopping? Did I hear Shopping? That sounds like fun.

Are we talking about after the Intercot meet?

Football Schedule
Oct 20th
Auburn is @ LSU
Florida plays Kentucky and
Alabama plays Tenn.
USF @ Rutgers
Not too bad, Anyone an Auburn Fan?
Oct 27th
USF @ Conn.
Miss. @ Auburn
Nov 3rd
Cinn @ USF
LSU @ Bama
Tenn tech @ Auburn
Vandy @Florida
Nov. 10th
USF@ Syracuse
Alabama @ Ms. State
Florida @ So. Carolina
Auburn @ Georgia
La. Tech @ LSU
Nov 17th
Fla Atlantic @ Florida
Louisville @ USF
No. Carolina @ Georgia
LSU @ MS.
ULL @ Bama
Thanksgiving week is probably a bad week???
Most of the big SEC games are earlier in the month. It doesn't look like football will interfere too much. We could always meet at ESPN on the Boardwalk;). Do you think it would be hard to meet during Dec. with the holiday rush? We could have an Intercot Christmas party!
It would be great to do some Christmas shopping @ Foley's or to stay on the beach.

tinkerbelle75
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I think an Intercot Christmas party in Foley sounds like a GRAND idea!!!
I don't think crowds would be bad at all around the 1st week of December...

SgtTigger
09-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna sit right in front of you and yell and scream for a roll.... when they throw it, I'm gonna duck and let it hit you in your big old head. :D

Whatcha gonna do???????

Ooooooooooo :scared:

Me :stir: Stirring up trouble????????? you must be thinking of Someone else........

So when is this going to be?????? I need time to plan against angel and jeanne... I mean plan a trip.........

tinkerbelle75
09-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Is everybody agreed that we want to do a Christmas party? Somebody throw out some dates. Looks like Foley would be the place.

pixiesmimi
09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=MsMin;1417120]Shopping? Did I hear Shopping? That sounds like fun.

Are we talking about after the Intercot meet?

Football Schedule
Oct 20th
Auburn is @ LSU
Florida plays Kentucky and
Alabama plays Tenn.
USF @ Rutgers
Not too bad, Anyone an Auburn Fan? [QUOTE]

WAR EAGLE!!! :D

I think a Christmas meet around the first of December in Foley would be good. I've never been there so will need directions but I think that will be fun. The football schedule until after Thanksgiving (AL vs AU Thanksgiving Day) is pretty heavy and will be difficult. Heaven forbid we miss a game! :)

SgtTigger
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
WAR EAGLE!!! :D

Wait a minute.... Are you a war eagle or are you a tiger?????????? one week it is the eagles one week it is the tigers....

At LSU we are the TIGERS...........

Oh yea this is going to be a fun meet........

MsMin
09-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I will cheer for Auburn against Alabama. You know it's all who they are playing. :cheer:
Bret I do agree that Yea! War Eagles but our mascot thing is a little confusing. :secret: Shhhh! I think they have some identity issues but don't tell them. At least they don't bring cow bells to the stadium:thedolls:
So Dec. 1st and 8th are the first Saturdays in Dec. Thanksgiving is early. :tree:

Natazu
09-14-2007, 05:10 AM
We might be able to come down. It sounds like fun.

Go Vols!

pixiesmimi
09-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Wait a minute.... Are you a war eagle or are you a tiger?????????? one week it is the eagles one week it is the tigers....

At LSU we are the TIGERS...........

Oh yea this is going to be a fun meet........

Well, we are the Tigers but our battle cry is WAR EAGLE! ::number1:
Here is the reason why:
Auburn has only one nickname; Tigers. That comes from a 1770 poem by Oliver Goldsmith's, "The Deserted Village" in which "where crouching tigers wait their hapless prey...".

The battle cry is "War Eagle", which is no different than a Bammer yelling "roll tide", or "sooie pig" at Arkansas. You never hear Arkansas refered to as the Arkansas Sooie Pigs or the Alabama Roll Tides and calling Auburn the Auburn War Eagles is just as incorrect. But, the Eagle came to be through a legend that in 1892, at the Auburn - Georgia football game, a confederate soldier who was wounded at the battle of Wilderness in Virginia in 1864. He was left for dead and found himself alone with a wounded baby eagle. He managed to get back to friendlies and brought this wounded eagle with him. He domesticated it and both recovered from the injuries. He moved back to Auburn (where he had been a student) and later became on faculty there. At the previously mentioned Georgia game, he and the eagle were at the game. When Auburn scored their first touchdown, the eagle broke free and sored over the field. The Auburn fans recognizing the eagle statred to yell "War Eagle" as it was known by which it had come into the soldier's possession. And, thus, the tradition of yelling "War Eagle" at Auburn games which grew into a common greeting amongst Auburn fans, not to mention the coolest pre-game tradition in college football, the Eagle flight.:cheer:

Just thought you might be interested. :)

Actually we are originally Razorbacks. Just Auburn transplants. ;)

Oh, yeah, this is going to be a fun meet! :yes:

tinkerbelle75
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
A Gator is a Gator...we have no identity issues.:number1:
So somebody got a history of why the Crimson Tide has an elephant?
Great Job on the AU history, Diane! I had no idea......
Can we make a rule for the meet??
Nobody is allowed to bring roadkill,ok?:ack:

SgtTigger
09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
So somebody got a history of why the Crimson Tide has an elephant?

Must be an Alabama thing huh???????

Iluvpooh
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
But perhaps the most widely recognized story of the red elephants' origin at Bama is that of sports columnist for the Atlanta Journal, Everett Strupper. The story goes back to the 1930 season when Tide head coach Wallace Wade had assembled a powerhouse of a football team that would eventually post an overall 10-0 record, win the Rose Bowl and the National Championship.

Strupper wrote a story on the Alabama-Mississippi game. In that article, Strupper marveled over the sheer mass and power of the Bama juggernaut:

"That Alabama team of 1930 is a typical Wade machine, powerful, big, tough, fast, and aggressive. When those big brutes hit you, you go down and stay down.

"Coach Wade started his second team that was plenty big and they went right to their knitting scoring a touchdown in the first quarter against one of the best fighting small lines that I have seen. For Ole Miss was truly battling the big boys for every inch of ground.

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity.

Strupper and other Atlanta newspapers grasped onto the term, and continued to refer to the Alabama linemen as "red elephants," the color referring to the crimson jerseys.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!! I actually plan our trip each year in October for Bama's bye. We are going October 28th-November 2nd. Between the UT and LSU games.

Christmas shopping in Foley sounds like a great idea. I am outside Mobile.

pixiesmimi
09-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks, Belinda! I've been very well educated by my SIL who was born and bred in Auburn and never plans to leave it. :) The Alabama story was good too. I've always wondered about the elephants. :D Actually I'm from Arkansas and can't tell you why they have a red pig as a mascot. I'm sure I've heard but...:confused:

Let's get down to the date and time for this thing so we can plan. And where. I'm looking forward to it if we can make it. :santa3:

tinkerbelle75
09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Ok I will throw a date and time out....How about December 8 at 2:00?
The Lambert's menu looks really good and sounds like a fun place.
So who can make it then??

MsMin
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmmm. Have ya'll been to Lamberts? The seating is very very tight. All bench style booths. It would be fun to go there but what about all booking the same motel or someone getting a condo? Not that we would all want to have a slumber party but a place we can eat all day and visit:blush: Can we bring our Mascot MikeVI ? He's just a baby?

tinkerbelle75
09-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Never stayed over in Foley... where's a good place for us to book?
Of course you can bring the mascot!

tinkerbelle75
09-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Mascots welcome, mine will be with me too! :)

MsMin
09-16-2007, 12:28 AM
When you go to Foley you are only 10 min from the beach if you take the toll road. I know there is a big motel near the shopping center too. Last year I went w/ a group and we got a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn Express for only 89 a night w/ tax.
It's a pretty slow time of year so maybe we can get a good deal. I'll check some stuff out. Anyone want to try to get a block of rooms?

tinkerbelle75
09-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Sounds great to me!!! The Holiday inns usually have group rooms too so that would be great. Let me know what you find!:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
09-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I was just going to say that I would have my friend down there check out some things for us before I read these last posts. I'll still try to get some ideas from her.

pixiesmimi
09-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The Holiday Inn Expresses don't have breakfast or restaurants, do they? Unless they have changed recently. Are there any Comfort Inns around there? They usually have free breakfast buffets and sometimes have meeting rooms. Whatever we find will be fine with me.

Here we go again...
09-16-2007, 11:47 PM
When you go to Foley you are only 10 min from the beach if you take the toll road. I know there is a big motel near the shopping center too. Last year I went w/ a group and we got a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn Express for only 89 a night w/ tax.
It's a pretty slow time of year so maybe we can get a good deal. I'll check some stuff out. Anyone want to try to get a block of rooms?

Tight or no tight eating, I want to eat at Lamberts... Pretty please. I lost some weight, so I won't take up so much room. :D
And, it should not be too busy that time of the year.

There is a Comfort Inn and a Hampton Inn too.

Let me know when and where!!

Iluvpooh
09-17-2007, 09:32 AM
I also was going to suggest the holiday Inn express, but the one in Orange Beach(15 Minute drive) in December you can get an ocean view for about 90-115 a night. I stayed there earlier this year and it had been redone after Ivan and is fresh and clean. -I will not be staying over night-only a 45 minute drive for me.

pixiesmimi
09-17-2007, 10:54 AM
My friend in Fairhope suggested this: "The Blue Marlin which is on 98 closer to Fairhope and Point Clear. They reserved the whole restaurant for our class dinner and the food was really good. There was a large room that held about 35 of us." Just throwing that out. She said Lambert's was good but small like previously stated.

tinkerbelle75
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I think most of the "chain" motels give a group discount for more than 9 rooms.They do here, anyway. We will be staying overnight.Maybe we can do Lamberts once and something larger for the"main event"?
Are we decided on a date??

fairies*n*fireflies
09-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Jumping on board here! I would love to participate. My mom is "Pixiesmimi" and has been telling me all about the potential meet. And when there is the possibility of shopping AND eating good food in one weekend, I am game!:cloud9:

:magic:
Jennifer

MickeysGirl
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
OK, I have to check the calendar and talk to Nigel (which would be appropriate I assume ;) ), but at first blush, this looks like the weekend that Little Nigel's birthday party WOULDN'T be. Which is a good thing.

Plus, it's enticing to have this many of my favorite people talking about coming! :yay:

Put Nigel and I in as potentials, OK? :thumbsup:

:cheers:

One more thing....

For whether we eat at Lambert's or not, it's good for everyone to know that they take only cash and checks. Nigel and I were going to go there last time we were out there, but didn't have enough cash to cover. So be prepared! :)

1EeyoreFan
09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Do you have room for one more? I LOVE Foley! Spent many a pay check there! lol

tinkerbelle75
09-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Of course we have room for one more! Everyone is welcome!The more the merrier. Still waiting for everyone to ok the date and place or make an alternative suggestion.....

MickeysGirl
09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Anytime that weekend works great for us. In fact, if it changes to either the weekend before or after, we more than likely won't be able to make it.

Also, checked with Nigel, he not only said yes, he started digging through their reservation system looking for potential hotels.

Here are some of his results for rooms with King beds (this is a prelimnary search looking for what we'd need). These are not block rates, just rack rates some with AAA discounts. These are all located in Foley. OK, so the info is vague... :blush: Just thought I'd share the:

La Quinta Gulf Shores, $85/nite
America's Best, $54/nite
Best Western, $79/nite
Key West Inns, $79/nite
Hampton, $116/nite
Comfort Suites, $81/nite

MsMin
09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm glad you did. I was going to PM you but have been a little scattered:blush:
I hope you all can make it. This is sounding exciting.
The date was Dec. 8th? I think it's a great date. Post Football and Thanksgiving and before the holiday hectics. Another + is it's the worse time for hotels so great rates!

Here we go again...
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Anytime that weekend works great for us. In fact, if it changes to either the weekend before or after, we more than likely won't be able to make it.

Also, checked with Nigel, he not only said yes, he started digging through their reservation system looking for potential hotels.

Here are some of his results for rooms with King beds (this is a prelimnary search looking for what we'd need). These are not block rates, just rack rates some with AAA discounts. These are all located in Foley. OK, so the info is vague... :blush: Just thought I'd share the:

La Quinta Gulf Shores, $85/nite
America's Best, $54/nite
Best Western, $79/nite
Key West Inns, $79/nite
Hampton, $116/nite
Comfort Suites, $81/nite

I wonder if the America's Best is the same as the America's Best inn and suites we have here. If so, it is a great place and offers free hot breakfast. Is anyone familiar with America's Best in Foley?
I am thinking Comfort Suites... they usually have an indoor pool and hot tub. I will have to check into it.

Let's all try to decide on one so we can call and block off rooms... and beg for a discount.

Hey Jamie, tell Nigel that he has to burn us all some Disney music Cds as Christmas presents!!
And Bobby would like some of those cookies for Christmas too. :blush: (remember, you lost me at the "sift" part)

Here we go again...
09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Okay, I just checked...
Here is the info from the Comfort site....

The Comfort Suites® hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the Tanger Outlet Center shopping center. This Foley, AL hotel is just minutes from the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, Gulf Shores Beach, Waterville USA water park and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf.

A variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. Several events are held throughout the year, including the annual "Foley Family Reunion" during the Heritage Harbor Days festival.

Guests of this Foley hotel will enjoy amenities and features like:

Free continental breakfast
Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all suites
Free local calls
Relax in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Be sure to take advantage of the on-site exercise room.

tinkerbelle75
09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Sounds good! I'm game for Comfort Inn if everybody else is. I am usually scared of those who are half the price of all the other ones in town.:blush: I'd have to hear from someone who has stayed at the America's Best or whatever. Anybody up for the zoo also??? Aw, come on, we can pretend we're on the Maharaja Jungle Trek at AK!:mickey:

MickeysGirl
09-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey Jamie, tell Nigel that he has to burn us all some Disney music Cds as Christmas presents!!
And Bobby would like some of those cookies for Christmas too. :blush: (remember, you lost me at the "sift" part)

I remember, Angel! :silly: I've sent Nigel what you said about the CDs, I'll work on him. ;) hahaha

Thanks for thinking of us Beth! I would have been more than appreciative, but glad I could find it and help out! :D

If anyone is interested in the link that Nigel has to book the room, just sent he or I a PM and we'll get it to ya. :thanks:

Iluvpooh
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Sounds good! I'm game for Comfort Inn if everybody else is. I am usually scared of those who are half the price of all the other ones in town.:blush: I'd have to hear from someone who has stayed at the America's Best or whatever. Anybody up for the zoo also??? Aw, come on, we can pretend we're on the Maharaja Jungle Trek at AK!:mickey:

"The little zoo that could" I checked the website and they are doing thier Christmas Party at the zoo on December 8th.

Website alabamagulfcoastzoo dot org

Unfortunatley Sampson(the White Tiger that was featured on an Animal Planet special) has been moved to the Marcan Tiger Preserve and is no longer there.

Iluvpooh
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Nevermind-Rajah is the White Tiger. Sorry.
Sampson is a Tabby (orange)

pixiesmimi
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
The Comfort Inn sounds good to me. I am a Choice Privilege Member and can get points for staying there. They usually have a pretty good breakfast if it isn't one of the small hotels. I say go ahead and block some rooms if everyone else agrees. Walking distance to the outlets also sounds good. Maybe if we block off some rooms, they will give us a discount price.

fairies*n*fireflies
09-20-2007, 03:53 PM
That's sounds like a good weekend to me also! Comfort Inn has usually been good stays for us as well as LaQuinta's. This is so exciting!

:joy:

tinkerbelle75
09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Count us in !!! Is anyone bringing their children??? Mine would love to come but I don't want them to be the only ones....

pixiesmimi
09-20-2007, 11:45 PM
I think this may just be DD (fairies*n*fireflies) and me on this trip, especially if we are going to Christmas shop. You know when we are in serious shopping mode, the kids can't keep up with us. :cart:

tinkerbelle75
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
My girls can outshop me anyday!:secret:

Iluvpooh
09-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I also decide not to bring my kids. Foley is a large outside outlet center with alot of walking in the cold in December. At 3 and 4 they would never make it happily through a day of full on Christmas shopping.

Here we go again...
09-23-2007, 07:07 AM
My DH and DD would kill me if I went near a beach and lamberts and they were not invited. I am sure my DH will be sitting by the water while we are shopping. My DD is 13 and is a good kid... unless Bret is around. :thedolls:

SgtTigger
09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
My DD is 13 and is a good kid... unless Bret is around. :thedolls:

You are right....

She is even a better kid when I am around.............

:plot: :fresh:

tinkerbelle75
09-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Has anybody checked on rooms yet??

pixiesmimi
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Nope, guess we were waiting for you to do it. :D Seriously, we do need to delegate and get some reservations made or rooms blocked or something and start making plans. Maybe we could have some polls where we vote on the different plans or something. ;)

MsMin
09-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Let's start with a headcount. If we tried to book together we need to know how many. I think that Rob (Nigel) could get us as great a rate as any we could if not better.
So let's start a count
1- Beth (1) person (unless my kids change their minds)
2- Angel - party of (3)
3- Bret and Sherrie (2) ??
4- Jamie and Rob ??

Just copy and paste or quote this segment and add your name.... :minnie:

tinkerbelle75
09-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Let's start with a headcount. If we tried to book together we need to know how many. I think that Rob (Nigel) could get us as great a rate as any we could if not better.
So let's start a count
1- Beth (1) person (unless my kids change their minds)
2- Angel - party of (3)
3- Bret and Sherrie (2) ??
4- Jamie and Rob ??

Just copy and paste or quote this segment and add your name.... :minnie:

Belinda Party of three!!!

ibrowse17
09-25-2007, 08:31 PM
If everything is still set for 8 Dec, count DW and I ( Holley and Herb) in. As we live in Mobile we would not be staying overnight, but would really enjoy the fellowship at Lambert's.:thumbsup:

1EeyoreFan
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
We would love to come! We are a family of 4 but not sure if all of us be coming. We will not be spending the night though.

Stephanie

Iluvpooh
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I also live outside Mobile. It will be just me coming. DH is going to keep the kids while I Christmas shop.

BTW-My name is Courtney. I am 29 and have 2 kids ages 3 & 4.

Here we go again...
09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
I would like to bring my oldest daughter and her family... DH, DS 3, and DD 7. So, we will need a second room booked. If for some reason they have to back out I am sure we could cancel the room.
They love the beach, love Lamberts and love shopping... I bet I can finish my Christmas shopping that day. :D

I think you will all like Shannon... well, everyone except Bret. She is EXACTLY like me.:thumbsup: Hmmmm this will be an interesting meet.

I am ready to get together NOW!!! Can we push thiis into November???
I miss my widdle chubby cheeks Bret.
It is time to torture him....

MickeysGirl
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I think you will all like Shannon... well, everyone except Bret. She is EXACTLY like me.:thumbsup: Hmmmm this will be an interesting meet.

FABULOUS!!! Does this mean I get another twin?!?!??! hahahaha :silly:

I can have Rob look up whatever you like. Please go ahead and add us to the "needing a hotel room" list. Not sure if his rates will be any less than a group rate, but we can certainly have him do some leg work! I'll make sure he sees the additions to this thread and find out what he can do. :)

Can't wait to see you guys!! :cheers:

pixiesmimi
09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Diane (1)
Jennifer (fairies*n*fireflies) (1)

As of right now. That may change but I think it will only be one room.

Dr_Nigel_C
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Howdy!

I'm going to call the Comfort Inn in just a few minutes, and inquire about group rates -- as soon as I know more, I'll let ya know.

I'll also be posting information (and links) on my home page, so be sure to check that out.

:D

UPDATE:
I've added some info & links to my home page, so check it out as soon as you can. I've called the Comfort Suites and touched base with them -- am awaiting a call back from a manager, and will let you all know what I find out. Right now, basic rates are $80-$89 per night (bookable online, link via my homepage). From my calculations, we'll have at least 12 rooms (based on my very non-scientific count), so that should qualify us for group rate discounts.

Anywho, check my site (PM me if you have any questions) for links -- there are also some nice places on the beach, about 10 minutes away, if you're interested.

MsMin
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I would prefer to be on the Beach and take the quick drive down the toll road to Foley. Maybe it's me but I found the Holiday Inn Express(the only one I know:blush:) closer by route of the Toll road then anything in Gulf Shores. Another words the Orange Beach side (eastward). It would be more scenic on the Beach and we could go to the Flora-Bama if anyone was adventuresome or just sit by the pool...

Dr_Nigel_C
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Holiday Inn you're talking about -- but I was able to check for rates on the main Holiday Inn website, and rooms start at $86.00

However -- I did speak with a manager at the Comfort Suites Foley, and it looks like we can get the following rates (based on 12 or so rooms):
$75.99 (king)
$79.99 (doubles)

That's not bad, about $10.00 off per night based on regular room rates. I told her I'd run that by you guys first before giving her an official "OK". Whatcha think?

tinkerbelle75
09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Sounds good to me. Thanks, Nigel!!!:thumbsup:

MsMin
09-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds great by me too. What night are we talking about? (kinda late to ask huh?)
Friday the 7th or Sat. the 8th? Doesn't matter to me. I imagine Sat. night the 8th is best.

Dr_Nigel_C
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Ya know, I assumed everyone would be staying Friday and Saturday night (I think Jamie and I are...right sweetie?) -- so that's what I told the manager.

I'm sure it wouldn't affect the rate any, if most everyone was staying Saturday nite only.

So -- what's everyone else thinking of doing?

:D

MsMin
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I was planning on visiting my brother in Mobile on Friday night, then it's a quick run to Foley. Maybe others have different plans. I just made an assumption. Thanks Rob for all your help.:thumbsup:

tinkerbelle75
09-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Hmmm...I'll do whatever everyone else is doing-I don't want to stay by myself! I only do that at Disney:mickey:

MickeysGirl
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Ya know, I assumed everyone would be staying Friday and Saturday night (I think Jamie and I are...right sweetie?) -- so that's what I told the manager.

My hubby.. he listens so well. :razz:

NOPE, I was thinking just Saturday night, as we'll have to go home after work, and not arrive at 10pm.

Personally, group rate or not, it's actually a pretty decent rate. And I'm all for that indoor pool that Angel was talking about.

Shall we return to getting that head count?

Coming, needing a hotel room:
1- Beth (1) (unless my kids change their minds) (MsMin)
2- Angel and family (3) (Here we go again...)
3- Bret (SgtTigger) and Sherrie (2) ??
4- Jamie MickeysGirl and Rob (Dr_Nigel_C) (2)
5- Belinda (3) (tinkerbelle75)
6- Shannon (Angel's Daughter) and family (4)
7- Diane (pixiesmimi) and Jennifer (fairies*n*fireflies)

Coming, Not needing a room:
(2) Holley and Herb (ibrowse17)
(4) Stephanie (1EeyoreFan) and Family
(1) Courtney (Iluvpooh)

Showing interest, not confirmed:
Darbylew
Shari (murphy1)
Jeanne (Piglet822)
Jym (Natazu)

That sound about right?

SgtTigger
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I bet I can finish my Christmas shopping that day. :D

That is great what will you be getting me????

Shall we return to getting that head count?

3- Bret (SgtTigger) and Sherrie (2) ??

(1) Courtney (Iluvpooh)

Darbylew
Shari (murphy1)
Jeanne (Piglet822)
Jym (Natazu)

That sound about right?

How do I get the question marks from behind my name?????? wait there they are again....

OK we will be staying saturday night....... Everything looks good so far for us.....

ibrowse17
09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds great to me, and we are really looking forward to it!! Two weeks after our meet, we will be headed to the world for our first MVMCP:thumbsup:

MistyinAL
09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't really know any of you guys yet since I just started posting to the boards, but this sounds like great fun! We live in Birmingham and would love to come down if there is room for more. My husband, Matt, would probably join me. :mickey:

Misty

MickeysGirl
09-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Misty!

Great, come join in the fun. I know Birmingham is quite the drive, are you looking to stay at the hotel on Saturday night as well? Or are you not needing one? Just trying to help our "rooms needed" head count. :)

pixiesmimi
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
It kind of depends on what time the "festivities" start on Saturday but I imagine that it will just be Saturday night for Jennifer and I unless she can get off on Friday and get a babysitter that night. (Her husband works nights) It would be easier for us to leave early Sat. morning to come down. I haven't gotten a committment from DH as to whether he is coming or not but suspect not. The room rates sound good, especially at the group rate. Is there a deadline for making the reservations or a booking code to use for this rate?

Dr_Nigel_C
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, looks like we're all set with group/discounted rates for the Comfort Suites for saturday night!

$75.99 for king-bed rooms, and $79.99 for rooms with 2 double beds.

Should just be able to call and ask for the Intercot group rate (might also be under my name) -- PM me or Jamie for more info!

tinkerbelle75
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks, Nigel- YOU ROCK!!!:rocker:

Here we go again...
09-29-2007, 12:08 AM
We are still talking about December 8th right?

tinkerbelle75
09-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Yep!
:yay:

SgtTigger
09-29-2007, 07:52 PM
We are still talking about December 8th right?

:shake::shake:

No Angel it is the 9th..... yea the 9th.......

:secret: Quiet everyone dont tell her it is the 8th.........

:plot:

Piglet822
09-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Angel - The meet is the 8th. Don't listen to Bret! :nono:

Count me out, guys :( As much as I'd like to I'll be away the following weekend and can't afford to take two weekends off in a row. I'll be thinking about ya!! Take lots of pics :photo:

tinkerbelle75
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Angel - The meet is the 8th. Don't listen to Bret! :nono:

Count me out, guys :( As much as I'd like to I'll be away the following weekend and can't afford to take two weekends off in a row. I'll be thinking about ya!! Take lots of pics :photo:

:cry: I hate that you can't go! We will think about you during the roll-throwing!:cry:

SgtTigger
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
We are all booked..........

No problems what so ever......

I guess I need to start warming up my arm to throw rolls at Angel.... I mean throw rolls.......

They have an indoor pool and a hot tub too.....

Angel you want me to bring my Speedo?????

Here we go again...
09-30-2007, 11:36 PM
We are all booked..........

No problems what so ever......

I guess I need to start warming up my arm to throw rolls at Angel.... I mean throw rolls.......

They have an indoor pool and a hot tub too.....

Angel you want me to bring my Speedo?????

Bring it on Big Boy, Bring it on!!!
I will have Taylor on my side and don't forget that she is a pitcher. :thedolls:

Oh yes, please bring your speedo! I am bringing mine. ;)

I have not booked my room yet.
Are yall staying Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday?

tinkerbelle75
10-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh my.....please don't bring the speedos........:blush: There's no way on earth I am sitting between the two of you.:D

Piglet822
10-01-2007, 07:31 AM
:cry: I hate that you can't go! We will think about you during the roll-throwing!:cry:

Me too :( It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Would someone please throw a couple of rolls at Bret for me?
Thanks!

Here we go again...
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Me too :( It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Would someone please throw a couple of rolls at Bret for me?
Thanks!

It will be my pleasure! :thedolls:

Piglet822
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
It will be my pleasure! :thedolls:

Thank you, Angel. You're a good friend :hug:

tinkerbelle75
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Poor Bret,
looks like he's getting it from everywhere.:D

SgtTigger
10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Bring it on Big Boy, Bring it on!!!
I will have Taylor on my side and don't forget that she is a pitcher.

Do you really think Taylor is going to choose your side over mine??????

I could bring her to Mousesurplus...... I dont think I will even need to do that for her to get on my team........

Poor Bret,

Dont worry I can handle it.........

Sherrie however wants to know what she needs to bring for ammunition....

tinkerbelle75
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Tell her to bring some authentic Beignets and she can throw those at me...you can fight your own battles!!;)

Here we go again...
10-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Poor Bret,

You obviously have never met Bret. When you meet him you will completly understand why everyone wants to throw things at him. :thedolls:

His wife, Sherrie, is a saint. :angel: I don't know how she puts up with him....
Hey Bret! Have you counted your blessings today????

SgtTigger
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
You obviously have never met Bret. When you meet him you will completly understand why everyone wants to throw things at him.

His wife, Sherrie, is a saint. :angel: I don't know how she puts up with him....
Hey Bret! Have you counted your blessings today????

some people love me............ :yes:

lets see.... 1 sherrie then i talked to you so -1 now i am back at zero.....
dont make me sick koda on you........ :blackcat:

MsMin
10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
some people love me............ :yes:
lets see.... 1 sherrie then i talked to you so -1 now i am back at zero.....
dont make me sick koda on you........ :blackcat:

Hey Bret, I still love you!
Don't let Angel give you a bad time.
:secret:Of course I've also been known to take home some sad little puppies:D and I don't hold where he comes from against him:thedolls:
and poor Angel.. Bret thinks she's a bad influence on me; but I can be trouble all on my own.
Angel-- did I tell you that when we were in the quarter I saw a car from the city where I was born???:thedolls: Yes and Bret says one drink is my limit.....

SgtTigger
10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Bret, I still love you!

And why do i love Beth best................ now we know.......... Right after Sherrie that is......

Bad Angel............. :thedolls: Bad doll Angel...

And now on with the Show.......

tinkerbelle75
10-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Where did everybody go??:pout:

So who has their ressies???

Piglet822
10-05-2007, 08:00 AM
And why do i love Beth best................ now we know.......... Right after Sherrie that is......

What about me? :sad: Don't you love me anymore? :cry:

SgtTigger
10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
What about me? :sad: Don't you love me anymore? :cry:

Don't cry I still love you too........

Besides who is my favorite bus driver??????

You got to love a woman that can wheel a big bus like that around Disney all day.......

Piglet822
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't cry I still love you too........

Besides who is my favorite bus driver??????

You got to love a woman that can wheel a big bus like that around Disney all day.......

Thank you :blush:

Here we go again...
10-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Sheesh, I don't check in on this post for a couple of days and it turns into a love fest. :ack:

Don't worry Beth, all it is going to take is spending another day or 2 with Bret for him to realize that I am the nice one.... you are the trouble maker.

Who is bringing the blender to the room to mix drinks? :marg:

Piglet822
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Sheesh, I don't check in on this post for a couple of days and it turns into a love fest. :ack:

Don't worry Beth, all it is going to take is spending another day or 2 with Bret for him to realize that I am the nice one.... you are the trouble maker.

Who is bringing the blender to the room to mix drinks? :marg:

We all know Bret likes me best :razz:

SgtTigger
10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Where did everybody go??:pout:

So who has their ressies???

Hey I got mine tink..........

Gee Angel does not check in and everyone is in love and getting along everyone is happy......... Gee.............

OK I got it......

Everyone knows Angel is Evil as in Evil Dolls.. :thedolls: I have made the connection..... See Angel is short..... The dolls are short....... Angel likes to sing..... The dolls like to sing....... Angel is Evil.... the dolls are evil..........
Yep I got the link now........

Got to love me...... RIGHT ANGEL?????????? :funny::fresh:

MsMin
10-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm just staying quiet. I feel like I'm in between my kids here "momma loves me more" :covered::shake: Ya'll behave before the others rescind the invitation :blush:
I haven't made my ressies yet, I'm still in the middle of packing for this trip and I leave in 19 hours.
Hey Bret who is going to call you from Disney and do the :razz: "guess where I am??":thedolls: hmmmm....

And yes, I do have an evil side GO TIGERS!!!!!!

SgtTigger
10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Bret who is going to call you from Disney and do the :razz: "guess where I am??":thedolls: hmmmm....

And yes, I do have an evil side GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Are you kidding Jeanne already called me today.......
Guess where I am............

I wonder if Angel left yet????????

How come no one else is posting on this thread???? where did everyone go??????

I hope we did not scare them off....... :hide:

MsMin
10-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Angel didn't leave yet, I hope she's resting up for the trip. Ya'll take care of things here while we're gone. Be nice:blush:

SgtTigger
10-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Ok where did everyone go??????

Angel and Beth are in Disney right now.....

SO anyone else make there reservations?????

Anyone else want to come??????

Iluvpooh
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I will be coming-I do not need to make reservations because I live a short distance away.

pixiesmimi
10-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Do we have any plans yet as to when and where we are going to meet and what we are going to do? I haven't gotten my ressies yet. I keep meaning to but get involved in other things and forget. Every time I read this thread, I think about it again and tell my self "You need to do it now." :blush: What's our count up to? What happened to Dr. Nigel's homepage with our count???

SgtTigger
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
We have booked into the Comfort Suites....

Ok this is what our count looks like......

3- Bret (SgtTigger) and Sherrie (2)

(1) Courtney (Iluvpooh)

Darbylew
Shari (murphy1)
Jeanne (Piglet822)
Jym (Natazu)

So come on and book that room.... tell them you are with the INTERCOT meet....... As thing get closer we will set up times and places to get together..... Some of the people comming are in Disney right now for the Big INTERCOT meet down there...........

tinkerbelle75
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
:whistle::wait::whistle::wait::shrug:
where is everybody??
Lost interest already??

ibrowse17
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Hardly! We will be there with bells on. Tinkerbells:tink:

MsMin
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
I booked my room today. I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to do it b/c all the rooms are reserved under Rob's name but the girl was very patient and figured it out. So I'm coming :clappy: can't wait!

1EeyoreFan
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I am looking forward to meeting you all! We live fairly close so a room isn't a necessity for us. See ya then!

Mollywobbles
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Can I come too? I live in Mobile, AL. I wouldn't even have to get a room :).

I know that I'm new to the board (or at least have just started posting again), but it would be great to start getting to know some of you.

Besides, I love Lambert's!

(my name's Jamie, btw)

SgtTigger
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
where is everybody??
Lost interest already??

No way...... I cant wait........... we have not meet yet........ You have no idea how great a guy I am..... :funny:

I booked my room today. I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to do it b/c all the rooms are reserved under Rob's name but the girl was very patient and figured it out. So I'm coming can't wait!

So does that mean that rob is paying for your room????????
:spend:

I know that I'm new to the board (or at least have just started posting again), but it would be great to start getting to know some of you.

Sure you can come.... as things get closer I am sure we will post more about where we will meet...... everyone is welcome.......

pixiesmimi
10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
If the rooms are in Rob's name, what is his full name? Can you give me the number to call for the reservation? PM me if you need to. Thanks! My life is a zoo right now so I keep forgetting to make reservations. :blush:

MsMin
10-23-2007, 01:25 AM

I look forward to meeting you!!!

So does that mean that rob is paying for your room????????
:spend:
Didn't they say it was on his card :rotfl: You picked up the tab for his room in N.O. didn't you :thedolls: It sounds fair to me..... :D

SgtTigger
10-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Didn't they say it was on his card :rotfl: You picked up the tab for his room in N.O. didn't you :thedolls: It sounds fair to me..... :D

WOW I never thought of it that way......
Just wait till he hears about that....... :funny::rotfl:

MickeysGirl
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Uh.... I'm having real issues with this "we're paying for the rooms" thing?!?!?!??! :hide: :nono:

I'm not thinking this is such a great idea!!!

pixiesmimi, the block of rooms should be under "INTERCOT" I believe. If that doesn't work, let us know. I don't have the phone number on hand, but I'll get Rob in here to answer some questions.

MsMin
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Uh.... I'm having real issues with this "we're paying for the rooms" thing?!?!?!??! :hide: :nono:

I'm not thinking this is such a great idea!!!

pixiesmimi, the block of rooms should be under "INTERCOT" I believe. If that doesn't work, let us know. I don't have the phone number on hand, but I'll get Rob in here to answer some questions.

I do agree we can't be too careful now a days. I was going to joke and say put the gas on his room too but you never know if someone thinks we are serious. Bad Joke.... Angel must have started it :D
The girl told me the rooms were under I'Cot.

SgtTigger
10-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Bad Joke.... Angel must have started it :D

Yea Jamie I think it was Angel...... :plot: I think it was her..... you know the EVIL twin..... :goodbad:
We would have never thought of something like that on our own..... :whistle:

Beth and I are :angel:.........

Dr_Nigel_C
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey folks!

Sorry for all the confusion -- but glad to know that they've been able to get rooms booked for you.

Although they did ask for my name, I made sure to let them know the block of rooms was for "INTERCOT". Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Someone mentioned the link on the site wasn't working - it's fixed now! Sorry bout that!

Still looking forward to seeing you all! :-)

pixiesmimi
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I got our room book today. Had trouble after I told them that it was under the Intercot block of rooms and the girl quoted me the price of $99. I told her it was supposed to be $79 under that block of rooms. She was confused and put me on hold and finally another person came on. She couldn't find it under Intercot and asked if it was under someone's name. I told her Rob but couldn't remember Peters until she asked if that was the last name. I told her it was supposed to be under I'cot or Intercot. She finally found it. She wouldn't let me use my choice number though for the point credits because it was under a block of rooms and already discounted. :confused: We don't get a discount to use the number, just credit points. :confused: I'm not sure these girls have been around very long. Anyway, our room is booked! :mickey: Those who have not booked yet, just tell them it is under Rob's name. It is easier that way. Now to figure out how to get there. :blush: I am so going to need a vacation by that time. :D

Here we go again...
10-29-2007, 12:27 PM
No way...... I cant wait........... we have not meet yet........ You have no idea how great a guy I am..... :funny:

OMG!!! Why do you have to lie to everyone you meet??? :thedolls:

I do agree we can't be too careful now a days. I was going to joke and say put the gas on his room too but you never know if someone thinks we are serious. Bad Joke.... Angel must have started it :D
The girl told me the rooms were under I'Cot.
Ummm... I think Bret is rubbing off on you, you used to be so nice.

Yea Jamie I think it was Angel...... :plot: I think it was her..... you know the EVIL twin..... :goodbad:
We would have never thought of something like that on our own..... :whistle:

Beth and I are :angel:.........

Please help me understand HOW I keep getting blamed for everything when I have not even been on the boards for a little while???
(because I was in Disney World and you were not Bret!!!)
Don't worry, when we get there everyone will know that I an the nice one!!! :angel:

MsMin
10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Ummm... I think Bret is rubbing off on you, you used to be so nice.

Please help me understand HOW I keep getting blamed for everything when I have not even been on the boards for a little while???
Don't worry, when we get there everyone will know that I an the nice one!!! :angel:

Hey, Angel, I was in WDW with you remember. and I learned how to tease from the best :angel: :hug:
Sherrie and I were talking about how we need to start preparing the details of the meet.
I just called Lambert's and they weren't the most helpful. They don't take reservations and the girl said we aren't that busy in Dec. I asked if it would be best if we came in early and she said "you can if you want"
Because the tables are not "movable" I think that if we go in early it would be best. She said they start serving @ 10am. That's a little early for me but we can meet at 10:45 or 11? What do you think?
So after lunch are we going shopping????
What about that evening? Are we getting together at the Comfort Suites? Ideas????

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Lets see???????????????

You get blamed because you have not been on the boards lately........

Also maybe because you were in Disney and I was not and....... Because you keep calling me and telling me you were in Disney and I was NOT..........

By the way........ :thedolls:

:funny::rotfl:

Piglet822
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Lets see???????????????

You get blamed because you have not been on the boards lately........

Also maybe because you were in Disney and I was not and....... Because you keep calling me and telling me you were in Disney and I was NOT..........

By the way........ :thedolls:

:funny::rotfl:

I was at WDW yesterday and you were not! Now quit picking on Angel!!!! :nono:

Tomorrow I will be at Busch Gardens. And you will not ;)

SgtTigger
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I was at WDW yesterday and you were not! Now quit picking on Angel!!!! :nono:

Tomorrow I will be at Busch Gardens. And you will not ;)

You are always at WDW..... you live close by.......

I am just making sure Angel dont miss me to much........

15 more days jeanne.......

Piglet822
10-30-2007, 05:52 AM
I know, Bret :D And I'm looking forward to it!!! In the meantime have fun at your meet and try not to be too hard on Angel, ok?

MsMin
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
I think his trip is first.
Okay-- back to business -- planning? Anyone have any plans? Do you want to do Lambert's on Saturday a.m.?
Meet Sat. night at the Comfort Suites? Breakfast anywhere? ?????

pixiesmimi
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
My only concern is for those of us who are coming from quiet a way on Saturday morning is that those early hours on lunch might be too early. It is three or four hours away for us. Then again, we can't check in until 3:00 so we might as well be doing something. As far as breakfast (Sunday) depends on what kind of free breakfast they have at the hotel. That is why I like staying there, they usually have a pretty good free breakfast. If you are talking about Saturday morning breakfast, whatever you want to do is fine because we wouldn't be there in time anyway. :D

I think it would be more fun to eat at Lambert's that night, depending on how many of us there are. Why don't we come up with some polls on what everyone would like to do when. I'm for shopping until we drop that day and then relax, enjoy the company and have fun that night.:cart: What does everyone else think?

Where is Lambert's in relation to the hotel?

MsMin
11-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Lambert's is practically in front of the outlet mall. I've never seen it when ppl were not waiting at least an hour for a table. Since it's not really conducive to conversation even if we eat there for dinner we should plan to meet after b/c it will be hard to talk w/ everyone. I just think an off time is best b/c it's always so packed w/ ppl and getting a table w/ a large grp will be super tough. How far is Ozark? I am planning to stay in Mobile the night before at my brother's.
Breakfast @ the Inn is fine, I just thought we should plan to get together before parting.

pixiesmimi
11-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Lambert's is practically in front of the outlet mall. I've never seen it when ppl were not waiting at least an hour for a table. Since it's not really conducive to conversation even if we eat there for dinner we should plan to meet after b/c it will be hard to talk w/ everyone. I just think an off time is best b/c it's always so packed w/ ppl and getting a table w/ a large grp will be super tough. How far is Ozark? I am planning to stay in Mobile the night before at my brother's.
Breakfast @ the Inn is fine, I just thought we should plan to get together before parting.

That's good that everything is so close together. I'm not good at finding my way around places that I have never been before. Lunch is fine at Lambert's if that is what everyone else wants. We'll just have to leave early enough to get there.

I'm not sure on the mileage but a friend told me that Foley is about 3-4 hours from Ozark.

I think meeting that night at the hotel, even after eating at Lambert's, is what everyone is talking about doing and meeting at breakfast the next morning is fine too (as long as it isn't at o-dark thirty.) :)

MsMin
11-02-2007, 01:35 AM
We could do Lambert's @ 2pm like a late lunch. It's no fun to be under too much pressure. That way ppl. could shop early if they want and take a break and shop more.
I've been there 3x's and I've enjoyed it more in the day than at night.The last time we went was in the evening and we didn't have 1/2 the fun we had mid-day. They were running out of stuff and b/c it was getting late they didn't refill and they didn't have as many ppl working so you didn't have rolls thrown around a lot:( - In my experiences it was better on the upside of the day than downside.... Honestly I'm going for the I'cot company...
I'm just throwing out suggestions to try to keep getting everyone to give feedback - Thanks pixiesmimi...

SgtTigger
11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
b/c it was getting late they didn't refill and they didn't have as many ppl working so you didn't have rolls thrown around a lot

I'm just throwing out suggestions to try to keep getting everyone to give feedback - Thanks pixiesmimi...

Im just throwing out suggestions...... :funny::haha::rotfl:

Beth you kill me..... :funny:

MsMin
11-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Im just throwing out suggestions...... :funny::haha::rotfl:

Beth you kill me..... :funny:

No bun intended :razz:

MickeysGirl
11-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey gang!

We're getting close here... can't wait!

But Rob needs a bit of urgent information. He got an email from his contact at the hotel claiming that NO ONE had booked rooms from our block! :confused: And if she doesn't have some proof of this, they are going to remove the block and rate.

Knowing that several of you already have booked, and knowing that we are going to be making reservation shortly, can any of you that have already done so please PM or email your name and confirmation number to Rob so he can forward them along to this rep???

The last thing we want to do is lose the block in case we have any last minute additions. I don't know how this is not showing up in their system, especially when you were all told the promo rate, but...

Thanks!!! If you have any questions, please let us know! :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
As soon as Sherrie gets home I will send it to you...... She has the number.......

Are the Alabama people still talking to us Louisiana people........ Hey it was a good game.........:D

pixiesmimi
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry, guys! Jenn and I are going to have to back out because of some family issues lately. We won't be able to make it that weekend. I'll have to cancel our reservations. I hope we'll be able to come to another meet though and get to know all of you. Have fun!

Here we go again...
11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I still have not booked our rooms. I STILL do not know if I will be working that weekend....
Maybe I should book the rooms and cancel if I can not get off later...

Dr_Nigel_C
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey Howdy Hey! :-)

Ok, I just spoke with someone at the front desk at the hotel, and tried to get some of this all straightened out.

Even tho I had faxed over the info back in September, they had my name spelled wrong in their system -- Roger, instead of Robert. So, that probably didn't help matters when you guys called. Got that taken care of, and the group name is now under INTERCOT.

Bret -- I got your room listed under the group block, so you're all set. I booked a room for Jamie and I, so we're set too.

If anyone else booked, please call back and make sure that your reservation is under the INTERCOT group block.

Thanks, and sorry for all the trouble. :-(

Looking forward to seeing all y'all!

MsMin
11-20-2007, 03:07 AM
They did tell me it was under Roger when I called so I hope I'm booked but I have no idea where I put the confirmation #. I guess I should check.

MickeysGirl
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Beth, If you haven't already, go ahead and PM Rob with your full name and he can make sure you're included in the block. Or as he mentioned, you can call and verify it. Whatever is easier for you. But he was able to get Bret's room included simply by knowing the name.

Diane, we'll certainly miss meeting you and Jenn. I know I was looking forward to meeting you both!

Angel, keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :fingers:

Can't wait to see/meet everyone there! :yay:

Iluvpooh
11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I have been meaning to psot for a week, but I kept forgetting. I will not be able to make it. My nephew's first b-day party is on this day. It would have been nice to meet you guys and I hope you have a wonderful day.

MsMin
12-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay so who's coming???? Did we scare off all the Alabama people? :crying:
All the Louisiana ppl run to Alabama to meet them and they run away??? (Jamie you're still Louisiana ppl for the record:D)

1EeyoreFan
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey all!

I still plan to make it. It's only about an 1 1/2 hrs. for us if that. Is there a definate game plan yet? I hope to get some shopping in. Keep us posted.

Stephanie

pixiesmimi
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
All the Louisiana ppl run to Alabama to meet them and they run away??? (Jamie you're still Louisiana ppl for the record:D)

Yeah, we decided that you LA people were just too scary for us. (Especially the LSU fans) :D Just Kidding! :) That ended up just being a bad weekend for everyone. No one makes plans for December until the last minute and for some reason (for us anyway) everyone wanted to plan things for that particular weekend. Maybe it will be easier to get together in off season when everyone's not so busy. Still looking forward to meeting all of you.
Diane

MickeysGirl
12-03-2007, 09:49 AM

You can take the Girl out of Louisiana, but you can't take the Louisiana out of the girl! hehehehe

OK, we'll be there. Should we get a final list started to see who exactly will be there? Seems our numbers keep dwindling. :(

Meet List
- Beth
- Stephanie
- Rob and Jamie

Who else can we look for?

Just a thought, our plans can be a bit more flexible if our numbers keep going down. Any final word from Angel? I know Bret and Sherrie can't attend. :sad:

MsMin
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I haven't heard from Angel. I know she has been busy and doesn't know if she will be off. Does this effect our room in any way?
December is such a tough time for extra curricular. We could always shop at DTD? Is that what you mean by flexible? :thedolls:

MickeysGirl
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
We just cancelled a trip to Disney for next weekend, don't go there!!!! :razz:

I just meant flexible on times, since we'll have a smaller party size, not like we need to get to Lambert's super early to get the many tables, you know?

What time are we planning for anyway? We have a 2 1/2 hour drive, must plan accordingly.

I don't think this would effect our rooms, but I'm not sure to be honest. I'll get hold of Rob and get his opinion.

MickeysGirl
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
OK, despite being at work and supposed to be working, I went through the whole thread and created a list of everyone who was interested at one point in time, those we 100% know about and those who showed strong interest but are unconfirmed. If you plan on coming, please post so we can plan accordingly!

100% coming on Saturday
- MsMin (Beth): 1
- MickeysGirl & Dr_Nigel_C (Jamie & Rob): 2
- 1EeyoreFan (Stephanie): 4

Strong interest, not confirmed
- Here we go again... (Angel) - 3
- Angel's Daughter (Sharron) - 4
- ibrowse17 (Holley and Herb) - 2
- tinkerbelle75 (Belinda) - 3

Interest, no confirmation
- Darbylew
- Mollywobbles (Jamie) - 1
- murphy1 (Shari) - 1
- Natazu (Jym) - 2
- MistyinAL (Misty) -2

Please let us know your final decisions, just in case we do decide to change plans! We wouldn't want to hinder anyone coming if we choose to move this to Niceville. First and foremost, this is a Foley, AL meet, but with flexibility depending on the parties coming.

Thanks guys!!

fairies*n*fireflies
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I was looking forward to going to meet everyone, but what mom didn't say was that I am in the middle of a divorce now, and this weekend is moving day to our new house:mad: Everytime I make plans to do something fun, SOMEONE throws a wrench into it. Hopefully if you all have another meet, we can make it down for that one...

Here we go again...
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Okay, I am IN!!
I have my confirmation for the Hilton Garden Inn. I should be able to get there by about 1pm.

I will be sharing a room with Beth and my DD Shannon.

Did I tell you how wonderful my DH is? :cloud9:
Even with all of the problems we are having right now he is letting me go....
Jamie, will you make him those cookies anyway?

MickeysGirl
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Angel, I'll make the cookies and make sure you have a container to bring home just to Bobby, how's that? hehehehe :tasty:

We'll go ahead and cancel that hotel reservation we already have. We'll be staying at the Hilton that Beth and Angel will be at.

I think Angel and Beth will be arriving around 1-ish. (Ladies, please verify) Rob and I can get there whenever if anyone is interested in coming earlier.

How does 2:00 lunch at Lambert's sound for everyone? And if anyone wants to get together before, just say so!

MsMin
12-04-2007, 02:51 PM
We are shooting for 1 but traffic can easily change that to 1:30.
How about 2 -2:30 for lunch??? at Lambert's. We can always shop if we get there early.
I'm going to bring cheese and crackers for the room.
Angel what do you drink?
Questions comments? suggestions??

1EeyoreFan
12-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey all! I plan to get a little shopping in before lunch. Is the table at Lambert's going to be under Intercot? I won't have the whole crew as planned. It may be just me and DD (age 2 1/2). Let me know if this will cramp anyone's style, lol and I will try and arrange to come solo. I can start buttering up the grandparents now if need be.

Looking forward to it!

Stephanie

SgtTigger
12-04-2007, 08:14 PM
:crying: :cry: :crying:

MsMin
12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey all! I plan to get a little shopping in before lunch. Is the table at Lambert's going to be under Intercot? I won't have the whole crew as planned. It may be just me and DD (age 2 1/2). Let me know if this will cramp anyone's style, lol and I will try and arrange to come solo. I can start buttering up the grandparents now if need be.

Looking forward to it!

Stephanie
I love babies. We haven't had any here in a long time. Doesn't bother me.

:crying: :cry: :crying:
:wait:
What are we going to do with you???? Go have fun at your party and we will "meet" again!! :tree:

Here we go again...
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
We are shooting for 1 but traffic can easily change that to 1:30.
How about 2 -2:30 for lunch??? at Lambert's. We can always shop if we get there early.
I'm going to bring cheese and crackers for the room.
Angel what do you drink?
Questions comments? suggestions??

Should we bust out with a blender and do :marg: or just keep it simple... pineapple or coconut rum with fruit juice?
I have the flavored rum!
Angel

Here we go again...
12-05-2007, 12:05 AM

Looking forward to it!

Stephanie

Haven't you heard? We have no style.... so, there is nothing to cramp!!
We will ask Jamie to be on her best behavior though. Sometimes she acts 2 :secret:

Mollywobbles
12-05-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm going to try to make it. I don't have to work at Disney Store that day. Once I get home from work that morning I'll take a short nap and then I'll head on over to Foley. I'll see if my mom wants to come.

MickeysGirl
12-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Haven't you heard? We have no style.... so, there is nothing to cramp!!
We will ask Jamie to be on her best behavior though. Sometimes she acts 2 :secret:

2?!?!?!?!? Angel, please give me a little credit... I'm a big 3 years old! :yay: hahahaha

Yeah, nothing to cramp. I love other people's kids! hahahahaha

Angel, I was gonna stock up on the :beer:, but did you want me to bring the blender for you too? We can pack that up as well!

I'd rather not post my cell phone on the public boards here, but anyone who is interested in coming early and finding Rob and I, go ahead and PM me and I'll give it to you that way, OK? :)

What fun!

MsMin
12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey all! I plan to get a little shopping in before lunch. Is the table at Lambert's going to be under Intercot?
Stephanie
We can put the table under intercot--that's a great idea. No ADR's here. It reminds me of a cracker barrel and they have these long picnic like tables. Maybe we will fill one table.
Mollywobbles-- hope you can make it.
Anyone can PM me too if you want my cell # to call when you get there.
So maybe 10 for lunch??
I've seen very long lines for a table and the larger the table the more difficult I'm sure so let's try to get a pretty good headcount now.

1EeyoreFan
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey! Is lunch at 2:00 or closer to 2:30? I plan to join you all but may have to watch you eat. lol. I had someone steal my debit card # and charge close to $400 with Amazon.com. I have spent the last 2 days at the bank and police dept. I got an e-mail today from Amazon saying it was indeed fraudulent however, this came AFTER the charges cleared my bank. It has been such a nightmare! Evidentally this is a HUGE thing this time of year so be careful! I am looking forward to having some fun and try to get this off my mind for a day!

Stephanie

Dr_Nigel_C
12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
We plan on getting there right around 2 -- whoever is first can let the server know that we're starting to show up, and we'll go from there.

Did the reservation get made already??

Stephanie: So sorry to hear about the mess with your charge card!! :-( That really stinks...seems like there's a lot of that going around. But -- Lambert's doesn't take credit/debit cards, so you'd need to use cash anyways.

See you all in a couple of days!

1EeyoreFan
12-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Yippie!! I had my money replaced in my account today. Foley here we come!

MsMin
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Yippie!! I had my money replaced in my account today. Foley here we come!

So glad you got your money back! See you tomorrow :clappy:

pixiesmimi
12-12-2007, 12:17 AM
So, how did the meet go? Did you all have fun? how many showed up? I told Jenn (fairies*n*fireflies) about 2:00 Sat. while we were busting our rears moving her stuff to a new house that "We could be at Lambert's right now." :) Sorry that we missed it. Maybe next time! We also had DH's office party that night and he would have been very upset if I had missed it. (Still would have rather been in Foley) :blush:

MsMin
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
We had a great time and plenty of shopping... :spend: I went down with Angel and her dd Shannon. We had a lot of fun and were fashionably late. In fact so late it was haute couture. :blush:
We rolled in about 4 pm and everyone was so gracious and waited for us at Lamberts and we managed to get in w/o a wait.
The night time was a little "R" rated.
I thought someone would post a trip report but not coming from Alabama I wanted to leave the honors to them....
Missed you. We have to do another one real soon.

Dr_Nigel_C
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
"R" rated? :O

Oh, yeah, now I remember! :-D :thedolls:

We had a great time - and loved hanging out with everyone. A nice 'smallish' group, which is always nice...

Although I've been to Foley before, it was my first time out in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area -- Jamie and I will definitely be returning there again.

See y'all soon!

Here we go again...
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
"R" rated? :O

Oh, yeah, now I remember! :-D :thedolls:

We had a great time - and loved hanging out with everyone. A nice 'smallish' group, which is always nice...

Although I've been to Foley before, it was my first time out in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area -- Jamie and I will definitely be returning there again.

See y'all soon!

Shannon is missing a bikini... any ideas? ;)

1EeyoreFan
12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey! Well..I don't know about the R-rated activies seeing as how I had to keep it G-rated since I was in the co. of a 2 1/2 yr. old. lol. I had a great time meeting you all though. Gabby really enjoyed her day out as
well. She still thinks Mr. Rob is "funny".

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Stephanie

MsMin
12-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey! Well..I don't know about the R-rated activies seeing as how I had to keep it G-rated since I was in the co. of a 2 1/2 yr. old. lol. I had a great time meeting you all though. Gabby really enjoyed her day out as
well. She still thinks Mr. Rob is "funny".

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Stephanie
Stephanie those activities were at the hotel that night. We all sat out by the pool near the gulf and saw some "sights" after the pool closed.
Gabby was really precious and was glad we got to meet.
We did get shopping done the next day too..
Merry Christmas :tree:

Dr_Nigel_C
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Angel: Now wait just a minute -- I'm getting blamed for the missing bathing suit??? How could you possibly think I kept it after trying it on accidentally?! :confused: Oops...did I just say that out loud?

;)

Stephanie: I enjoyed playing with Gabby...I just hope I didn't get her too rambunctious!! She's a cutie-pie, tho!

pixiesmimi
12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Merry Christmas, All!:santa::deer:

Diane