PDA

View Full Version : Room only and tickets? Do you still get "key to the world?"

mouseketeer mom
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
We've only done packages, (except for one split stay and we had tkts on the package part of our trip at the beginning)..
What do people do about tickets on a room only? I know it sounds like a simple question, but do you purchase tickets at the park or somewhere else? Do you still get a Key to the World card on room onlys where you can charge to your room or is that just for packages?

TammiMcMan
09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I know it sounds like a simple question, but do you purchase tickets at the park or somewhere else?You can purchase your tickets anywhere. If you're doing them separately, I'd suggest shopping around and getting the best price possible. The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)is an INTERCOT sponsor, so you may want to look at what they offer in terms of savings.
Do you still get a Key to the World card on room onlys where you can charge to your room or is that just for packages?Charging privileges have nothing to do with a package or room only. It's simply a matter of putting a credit card down on your room account and authorizing charges.

sainter
09-09-2007, 11:46 PM
If you purchase the tickets at the reosrt when you check in, they can be put on the room key. That would not be the cheapest way to buy park tickets however.

CleveRocks
09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
In terms of your experiencing the events, there's not a bit of difference between booking a package and booking room only with tickets purchased through Disney.

There are differences of deposit required, due date of balance, little perks and other available things, but just strictly in terms of tickets and room, you will live the same adventure whether it's a package deal or room-only (with tickets purchased through Disney).

In other words, when I made my room-only reservation, I also bought tickets as part of the deal, tickets that I wouldn't receive until check-in, tickets that would be encoded onto my KTTW card.

And by the way, in response to another mention of room charge privileges, you don't need to put down a credit card -- it can also be done with debit card (with VISA/MC logo), cash, travelers checks and Disney Dollars. But I agree, as long as you have a room, you can set up a room charge -- it has nothing to do with tickets or package/non-package.

Tink#64
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I always make my reservations through WDW's central reservations - stating room only first. Then I let them know that I have AAA for the discount. After those arrangements are made, cm always asks if I'd like to purchase tix now, & then we purchase those at the same time - just not a pakage! At this time I am charged a deposit for the room - equal to one night's stay. I am also charged the full price of the tix. Always in the past these advance tix were discounted, but from what I'm reading on Intercot now, apparently this may no longer be the case! ? We may make different arrangements in the future. When we check into our resort, we are given one card for each person in our room. These are the door keys & park tix. The adult's cards can also be used to charge purchases & have these items on our final bill. I hope this helps!:mickey: