PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up with the theme.. Favorite Restroom!

DisneyDudet
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm sure this has been done before, and I was thinking the other day about starting this thread. So, to keep with the theme of Restrooms, I was wondering what is everyone's favorite restroom and why? It can be from Resort or Park.

I like the new one at the Land. It is very nice with all that tile and everything.

Also, a close second would be the bathrooms in the main lobby of POFQ. I like the chain!!!

I also like the one in Fantasyland, near Pinocchio's Village House. There's just something about a bathroom in Fantasyland!!!

What is everyone else's?

DizneyRox
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Biergarten - Always very quiet...

glenpreece
09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
The ones in the Beach Club behind Cape May. Real towels and beautiful counters. I find also the Pop Century lobby one is really nice, always clean and colourful.

kakn7294
09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I like the one at the ESPN Club - it has tv's! And yes, I'm a girl. I also like the look of those toilets in POFQ - very cool!

Cozfamilyof6
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Ditto on the ones in Beach Club behind Cape May Cafe. Also like the ones on Main Street by Town Hall - big and clean

princessimagineer
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Beach club definoutly, right by cape may cafe. i love the towels! (that confused me the first time, i thought they would already be wet for some reason..... something about me+disney face rags just doesnt mix, this isnt the first time i made a fool of myself using a disney face rag :blush: )

#1donaldfan
09-09-2007, 08:31 PM
As soon as I read this post I thought of the ones at POR main lobby....they are small, and have the old, old look to include the water tank near the ceiling with the pull chain....how cool is that????

isobar
09-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I like the one in Animal Kingdom at DinoLand. It has a real powerful hand dryer that makes your skin ripple while drying. You have to try for yourself. :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Wilderness Lodge Villas Main Lobby.....

The work in that restroom is very nice....

At Magic Kingdom I like to use the ones in the front by city hall always clean and not crowded....

:cop: :tigger:

teambricker04
09-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Personally, I like the restrooms in the baby changing areas. Talk about quiet! :)

My first trip to Disney (in 89) as a kid, my entire family had never seen automatic flushing toilets. My brother, who was 8 at the time, was sooo infactuated with these that he LOVED visited every restroom to see if they all had automatic flush. We saw ever single restroom in all the parks, but I still don't have a favorite :)

IC10
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
I am so glad this thread is up I am going with my mom next year and I swear she will see every bathroom everywhere.

I love the one in my hotel room. Private!! :)

DisneyKim22
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Hmm...now this is one I never thought about before. I would say that I like the ones at the Grand Floridian the best. But in reality, the one I love the most is which ever is closest when I need it! :blush:

mickey&missy
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure what my favorite is. Like a pp said, the one in my room is great because it private!

I have 2 least favs. The one in LTT, why in the world is it upstairs and so small?! Try manuevering in there in a Minnie Mouse costume with a 5 year old in a Cinderella costume! The one in WL by Roaring Forks, everytime I went in there last trip it smelled awful!!

Pirate Granny
09-09-2007, 11:28 PM
The one that it right before you go over the bridge to Dinoland...it's got the cutest frog tile pattern on the floor...Every time I go, I make new people come on in, and check out the tile...It's my favorite restroom...funny you should ask...

:pirate:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2007, 12:55 AM

I like this one too. There is almost never anyone in there.

My favorite is anyone that is clean!:cloud9:

Spaceship Tigger
09-10-2007, 07:38 AM
The one inside the WL near the WCC. I like the having the lodge theme in the bathroom.

Mickey91
09-10-2007, 08:34 AM
The one in the WL lobby. The decor is beautiful and it is the first bathroom we entered when my DD(10) was 3 that had the small sink for kids. Ah, the things we remember!:mickey:

threeh
09-10-2007, 09:14 AM

I like this one because I remeber it is wallpapered and I thought it was very cute.

I also like the bathrooms in the front of EPCOT where they pipe in the Innoventions music.

hehe funny topic!!:blush:

Always Goofy
09-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I always liked the ones near the Tiki room...we always called it the Enchanted Pee Pee room!

Marker
09-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Ok, maybe it's just me, but I'm going to have to say that I find it somewhat odd that people have favorite restrooms. Frankly, I guess I just don't pay that much attention to the decor of the restrooms. Sure, I'll notice if they're clean or not, or if they are well maintained.

I'd have to say that my favorite is the one that's closest when the need arrives. But that's just me.

.... so do you have "must do" restrooms, and wait for those? And if you are near one of the favorites, do you go in regardless of whether there is a need or not? I can hear it now, "hey come on, there's no line for Space Mountain", "Hold on, I love this restroom, I gotta go hang out in there for a while".

Disneytrotters
09-10-2007, 10:25 AM
We were so taken by the real towels at the Beach Club that we had to take photos in there! We have a great one with my partner reflected in the mirror! LOL:blush:

January-2007
09-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I like the restrooms in Morocco because they have good water pressure at the sinks. It seems like most of the sinks are such low pressure, even at the resorts, that it takes so long to wash hands! I'm also partial to the one in Cosmic Ray's.

DisneyDudet
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok, maybe it's just me, but I'm going to have to say that I find it somewhat odd that people have favorite restrooms. Frankly, I guess I just don't pay that much attention to the decor of the restrooms. Sure, I'll notice if they're clean or not, or if they are well maintained.

I'd have to say that my favorite is the one that's closest when the need arrives. But that's just me.

.... so do you have "must do" restrooms, and wait for those? And if you are near one of the favorites, do you go in regardless of whether there is a need or not? I can hear it now, "hey come on, there's no line for Space Mountain", "Hold on, I love this restroom, I gotta go hang out in there for a while".

Quite funny!

I just wondered if people had favorites. Some have theming or music playing. Some are decorated and some are out of the way with no crowds.

Just wondering!

I forgot about the ESPN Club bathrooms! I find it awesome that there are TV's in there! In the stalls.. by the sink.. you won't miss much of the big game in there!

magicman
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM

There are many "must do" restrooms, but you have to start calling six months ahead of time to book them (ABRs - Advanced Bathroom Reservations). Also, don't forget to FastPass all the e-ticket restrooms.

TheRustyScupper
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
The nearest one.

cheshirecollector
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
.... so do you have "must do" restrooms, and wait for those?

ROFL! To be honest, if you spend as much time in restrooms as I do (not for a bad reason), you not only avoid the bad ones, but go out of your way for the good ones.

I do this in malls. I've actually had conversations like this: "No, not this restroom. It's too small and crowded. Let's go to the other end of the mall to the one by Nordstrom's, that big one that always has enough paper towels." :blush:

Figgyluv03
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
The one in my hotel room that no one else has used. Sorry a bit of a germ-a-phob. I hate public bathrooms, but I do have to say that DW has the cleanest I've ever seen.

iheartdisney
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
another vote here for the ones at Beach Club near Cape May....

but honestly? ANY restroom that is clean, clean, squeaky clean! Especially when I have my children in tow!

mouseketeer mom
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I love that there's no hunting for a restroom at WDW. They seem to be everywhere. When you "gotta go" it seems like theres a restroom right next to you, all of the time. Oh I love WDW. They even have the restroom situation just right!

jwallace378
09-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Not so much now as it was 20 years ago. But the Poly had the "futuristic" motion sensor toilets and sinks. You just waved your hands around and the water went on. I just remember being about 8 or 9 years old at the Poly thinking these were the coolest bathrooms in 1986!

Grace
09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
:mickey:
Love love the one off the POR lobby- excellent theming!!

ALSO, the restroom in the Rainforest Cafe in AK is just so, well, Jungle-y!

Samtastic
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I do this in malls. I've actually had conversations like this: "No, not this restroom. It's too small and crowded. Let's go to the other end of the mall to the one by Nordstrom's, that big one that always has enough paper towels." :blush:

Thats funny you say that. I work at an Old Navy in the mall, and there's this one woman who comes in there just to use our bathroom. The only problem is, she reeks of perfume, spends 20 minutes in there, and stinks up the place--and not just with her perfume. We all know her and when we see her coming, someone walkie-talkies the fitting room attendant to block off the bathroom. It's not we're mean, it's just gross :sick:

:offtopic:

But anyway, I don't have a fav bathroom but I do enjoy the cool turbo jet handdriers. Now only if we could get those in the rooms for our hair...

lindique
09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
There is one in the Animal Kingdom Conservation Station that has incredible tilework of the animals. I even took some pictures!:blush:

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
09-10-2007, 10:58 PM
There are many "must do" restrooms, but you have to start calling six months ahead of time to book them (ABRs - Advanced Bathroom Reservations). Also, don't forget to FastPass all the e-ticket restrooms.

Too funny! :D Makes you wonder why they changed the name in the first place ... it made more sense when it was called "Priority Seating"! :thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
09-11-2007, 07:23 AM

Nope, it's not just you. I was thinking the exact same thing. I will notice from time to time that a rest room is nice, but for me it's the closest when nature calls...:beer:

:sulley:

goofysbabe
09-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm glad you started this post. I really never paid much attention (unless it wasn't clean). I have a 7 yr. old girl, so you know I visited alot of them while I was there. Now I'm going to really pay attention the next time I'm there. Seems the only restroom that I even recall is the one at Pop - nice and colorful.

iheartmickey
09-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Thats funny you say that. I work at an Old Navy in the mall, and there's this one woman who comes in there just to use our bathroom. The only problem is, she reeks of perfume, spends 20 minutes in there, and stinks up the place--and not just with her perfume. We all know her and when we see her coming, someone walkie-talkies the fitting room attendant to block off the bathroom. It's not we're mean, it's just gross :sick:

:offtopic:

OMG! We have a customer who comes in our store and the first thing she does is go to the back to make #2. She's back there for like 15 minutes. She came in on Sunday at 15 minutes to close and I joked with my co-worker that she wouldn't be done before we locked the doors! LOL! She wasn't! When she came out the lights were off already ... and she was like "OH! I'm still here! Don't close the register, I have shopping to do!" :confused:

I guess we're her favortie restroom in our shopping center! LOL

I don't have a favorite ... I think every restroom I've used is clean and well maintained.

Figgyluv03
09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
This is such an interesting thread. I'd really like to see the bathroom in Cindy's Suite! I think Ian got a few when they stayed there, but I would like to see it in person!

Belle_0717
09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
For years my grandmother, great aunt (grandma's sister), my sister and I always have a bathroom story. And we continue this tradition on every trip or on a daily basis of course.

DH and I have our faves in each park:
MK - at the end of Pirates
EPCOT - United Kingdom then make a call from the red phones
MGM - on the right hand side before Beauty and the Beast
AK - across from Tusker House

tink'72
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I saw this thread and the first one I thought of and my personal favorite is the baby changing room by Crystal Palace in MK. We usually go in the summer and this was always a great place to cool off with the baby.

tomorrowschild
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Love this post! I love the WDW bathrooms- sad I know (my family makes fun of me alot about this). Anyway I have a few different bathrooms that I really like. So here is my top seven bathrooms around the World.

#7- By the Plaza Rest. not very well themed but always fairly quiet

#6- Outside Pirates store- fairly tucked away and quiet

#5- The bathrooms in the lobby at PR (great with the chain flush)

#4- Outside Splash- always busy- but love the music.

#3-Discovered this my last trip- The bathrooms just outside the Festival of the Lion King show. Love the logs up the walls!

#2- The bathrooms inside Columbia Harbour House- I like the themeing- as well that this bathroom is actually physically located in Fantasyland rather then in Liberty Square (take the Keys to the Kingdom tour- if you don't know what I am talking about)

#1- any of the bathrooms at the Y&B (love the marble work- very deluxe)

malz288
09-15-2007, 01:16 AM
the bathroom behind journey into your imagination is always empty. we go out of our way to get to it sometimes!

DisneyDudet
09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
the bathroom behind journey into your imagination is always empty. we go out of our way to get to it sometimes!

Hmm.. I may have to look for this one. I'm not sure I've been there... wait... I have! Nevermind!

I've always wondered something...
Unless they've changed things recently... Why is that the Epcot toilets have/had the handles you have to push (I remember quite clearing they had them in the ones at the UK pavilion)? Its the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow... wouldn't the bathrooms be more modern? Am I thinking of WAY long ago, or are they still like that?

Jared
09-15-2007, 11:36 PM
The nearest one.
I agree. If I need to use a restroom, I'm searching for the closest one.

But I have noticed the bathrooms near Pirates of the Caribbean are somewhat hidden and seemingly almost empty.

Figgyluv03
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks to this thread, for some reason I had a nightmare of overflowing and dirty potties last night. Luckily I wasn't dreaming I was in WDW or I would have woken up a little more disappointed.

kbean
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I like the bushes outside Canada!

Tink#64
09-17-2007, 11:51 PM

Oh my gosh, that was hilarious! I was laughing out loud when I read this!:haha::funny::silly::laughing:

The whole time I'm reading all of these posts, I'm thinking, yeah I liked the one in the ESPN Zone, & yeah I think the one in Pop's lobby is always clean & bright, & yeah the WL was nice I think, at least the lobby was. But actually remembering anything about the restrooms, not so much. I think I would remember more if it was a bad experience, dirty, nasty, etc. I'm guess I'm thinking - gota go & we've got 5 minutes left in our return time window for FF for SplM!

But this was very interesting! I bet I'll pay more attention to those pit stops on our next trip!

Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

Mfarquar
09-18-2007, 12:06 AM
As someone with a chronic intestinal disease, I have spent many emergency visits in public restrooms. For those of us with such problems, you DO end up having favorite restrooms. It's often hard to find bathrooms that don't seem like part of the third world, and Disney is the exception. :mickey:

The public lobby restrooms of POFQ are great - clean, un-requnted, antique toilets to boot!

offero
09-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I would say most restrooms are clean and nice in WDW. I don't think I have a favorite.

Unfortunately, I believe that I may have possibly found the most vile bathroom in WDW. On my last visit in Nov of 06 I went to use the restroom In Morocco in EPCOT. This bathroom was a wreck by bus station standards let alone by Disney's. It was a mess the toilet and seat were loose. The toilet had seen better days, and the seat actually had burn marks all over it.

If anyone is out that way swing into the mens room and let me know if they have fixed it.

AvonleaCF
09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
The ones on the Fort of Tom Sawyer Island. They blend in so well with the scenery they're hard to spot. Meaning they're nearly always empty and clean!

I also like the one near Crystal Palace. Last time I was the only one in there, since it's a bit off the beaten track.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I love this topic! :)

I have a couple of favourites...the ones by the Tower of Terror...on the outside they look creepy, but inside I find a clean, quiet, and lovely air-conditioned rest room!

I also agree that the lobby ones at Port Orleans are great...love the theme!

Bobby T
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm omitting all resort and restaurant bathrooms because for me, the best bathrooms are those which I can take care of business and immediately be back in business! :blush:

That being said...two stand out.

1.) The restrooms in the closed Skyway building in Tomorrowland. Easily the least crowded in the park.

2.) The restrooms in the walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland. These are my two favorite lands in MK so this one is a no brainer.

DisneyDudet
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I love this topic! :)

I have a couple of favourites...the ones by the Tower of Terror...on the outside they look creepy, but inside I find a clean, quiet, and lovely air-conditioned rest room!

I also agree that the lobby ones at Port Orleans are great...love the theme!

If I'm thinking right, you're referring to the RR found across from the ToT FP machines? Right on the corner there on the right as you turn to ride ToT? If you are, you must have been there on a slow day, because I've always had to wait in line! I'll need to start using the ones near RnRC.

The one to the left of the Great Movie Ride, on the back side of the old Sounds Dangerous theater is very large and I've never met a line. I like that one too!

irish1967
09-19-2007, 05:37 PM
My favorite public restroom anywhere are the ones in the Bellagio in Las Vegas...Warm water comes out of the tap automatically! :cloud9:

But, that is definitely off-topic for this thread.

My favorite restrooms at WDW are the ones outside Pinnochio's Village Haus in Fantasyland. No reason except for the fact that they are marked Prince and Princess instead of Ladies and Men and I'll never forget the day I was taking my 7 year old DS to the restroom and he was morally offended to be taken into the Princess bathroom. He was actually shouting "I AM NOT A PRINCESS!!!!!"

Joanna
09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
1-Boardwalk lobby (love the vanilla soap)
2-Jiko restroom (pretty glass door)
3-Beside of Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness (recently refurbished, love the piped in frontier music)

LudwigVonDrake
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
MK - The one to the left of Town Square just after entering through the tunnels. The old Skyway Station in Tomorrowland. The one at the exit to Splash Mountain.

Epcot - The Odyssey building. The bathroom on the backside :blush: of the Imagination building.

MGM - The one half way down towards ToT and RnR Coaster.