PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding crowd level Dec 1

FriendsofMickey
09-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I was reviewing touringplans.com and they had Dec 1 (Sat) as a 7 (out of 10). It has the best parks to visit as MK and EP and to avoid DS and AK.

I was thinking that Dec 1 is the Christmas parade day with Regis? Am I wrong? Wouldn't this be the day to avoid MK? I was really surprised to see a 7 at that time of year....

Is there something else going on on Saturday?
TIA.
Lori Ann

faline
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Generally, the Christmas parade is taped the first weekend in December in the Magic Kingdom. While there's a lot of congestion on Main Street, I understand the rest of the park is relatively uncrowded.

Strmchsr
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
It can feel nuts, and getting in is insane, but the lines themselves, as Faline said, weren't too horrible the two years we were there on parade taping day. They were moderate - there were some standby lines up to 1 hour, most fastpass lines though got you through in 20-30 minutes.

iheartdisney
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
When we were there on Christmas Parade (2005) "taping day" the congestion on Main Street and surrounding the castle was horrible...but the rest of the park was fine. Seems everyone was there to see and be a part of the taping of parade/festivities but not to enjoy the attractions. I remember walking onto a few rides.