PDA

View Full Version : dvc newbie... 10 per point (SSR) discount questino.. pls help!

figment
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
We recently went to Doorway to Dreams... and the lady that helped us mentioned that there was a 10 per point rebate (that they use as part of a down payment for SSR)... but that "option" only lasted for the next 7 days.

Is this right?

I mean, we were just going in there for information, not necessarily to buy on the spot... but the 7 days are up now.. and we are out of luck for the 10 per point... according to this person.

Any help appreciated.

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Call and speak to a vacation guide.... They always seem to be doing some sort of deal... When I bought into SSR, I received $10 per point off the price....

CarolMN
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
We recently went to Doorway to Dreams... and the lady that helped us mentioned that there was a 10 per point rebate (that they use as part of a down payment for SSR)... but that "option" only lasted for the next 7 days.

Is this right?

I mean, we were just going in there for information, not necessarily to buy on the spot... but the 7 days are up now.. and we are out of luck for the 10 per point... according to this person.

Any help appreciated.Yes, it sounds correct. When you tour in person, the special incentives are often good only for a specified time. I've heard reports of 3 days to a week. Sometimes, if you ask while still there, they will extend the offer for an additional length of time.

Wouldn't hurt to clal your guide (if you are ready to buy now) and see if he/she will make an exception for you. They may or may not.

If not, you may want to consider the resale market. The disadvantages of resale include:
* Takes longer
* Will have to wait for the right contract for you to come on the market (number of points, home resort & use year you prefer)
* Have to analyze each deal separately - some contracts come with banked points, others may have no points available (stripped) for a year or two because the owner borrowed
*Closing costs are generally higher with resale than directly through Disney

The advantages of going resale include:
* You can buy less than the minimum size contract from Disney. Once you're in, you have all the same benefits as any other member, including the ability to add on directly through Disney
* Prices are often lower

Good luck!