PDA

View Full Version : Body Wars?

SandmanGStefani24
09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
ok, so we all know it is "open seasonally". but does anyone know when it is going to be open, if at all? when was the last time anyone rode it? (mine was june '95) I will be in WDW in early January, so I was hoping to catch it, as well as COP, since it has been closed off and on. Thanks!

DizneyRox
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
It's never going to reopen again. The pavillion is being cleared for special events or so they say. Body Wars, Cranium Command and everything else has been shown for the last time.

WDWfanatic742
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Not officially, but most everything in the building was/is going to be cleared for FaWF and other special events. Reports show that they have cleared everything out of the building except Cranium Command and Body Wars as of now. Like DisneyRox said, I would be highly surprised to see Wonder's of Life ever open to the public again operating the rides/shows.

Darbylew
09-09-2007, 02:22 PM
That area has been closed for a long time. It
has not been open any of the times we have
been there except a long time ago. :confused:

jwallace378
09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm afraid it's gone for good

LudwigVonDrake
09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
R.I.P. Cranium Command and Body Wars :cry:

Joy2theworld
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
It is funny because when we were there last week, it was marked on the EPCOT schedule as open seasonally... That is the whole pavilion, but on the EPCOT glossy brochure/map it wasn't even marked.

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Not sure how true this is but, according to other sites, Body Wars is being used as a testing ground for Star Tours refurb.... After that, it is anyone's guess... but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it back...

CaptSmee
09-10-2007, 12:07 AM
...sniff...sniff...goodbye body wars & cranium command. those the never got to see/ride these 2 classic attractions don't know what they missed...:(

January-2007
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I think the last time these were open was last December between Christmas and New Year's. At least Carousel of Progress has been continuously open, I remember going and it being closed in the past, but it has been open during every trip for us in this past year, so that's a little good news for you! :mickey:

BMan62
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Luckily DW and I got to visit this pavillion and sample CC & BW on my first trip in Sept. 2003. In the times we have been down since, the WOL pavillion has been closed.

PirateLover
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Hasn't been on the map since at least 2004. Last time I rode it was December 2005. It was pretty worse for the wear unfortunately... but Cranium Command was awesome as every! The rest of the pavilion was in a sorry state for the most part. Sad to see it go. I wish they would've kept it up to date or at least replace it with something new and exciting and not just keep it for another convention place.

GrmGrninGost
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
We rode Body Wars and Cranium Command in Dec. '06. I am so glad we had the opportunity! If it's true they won't be open again, they will be sorely missed! :(

sashiroo
09-11-2007, 09:41 AM
That's a big bummer! I loved WOL pavillion. I wonder if it was hidden just enough that new visitors couldn't find it. If you don't know your way around in EPCOT it can be a little tricky to navigate. I know I've helped many people that were lost in the world.

Marker
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
I just looked on the maps of Epcot that I have on my wall here at work, one from July 06, one from March 07, on both maps the building is shown, but not labeled, and not identified on the map at all.

I guess the newer, "thrill"-ish rides were just too much competition. Too bad they couldn't co-exist. I hate to see the remnants of the more "educational" aspects of Epcot give way to the less educational but more thrilling experiences.

TheRustyScupper
09-12-2007, 11:12 AM
It succumbed to a fatal disease.

k_reile
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I can't say that I am sad to see it go...Body Wars always made me sick to my stomach. It was SOO hot in there and when you are exploring the body...it just wants to make you sick.

emmingo
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
From what I understand, it didn't open at all in 2007, and nowadays they are dismantling WOL, so you've probably seen it for the last time. Its sad, because I never got to ride it!