PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass ponderings and wishlist

WDWFan2005
09-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Like I'm sure many of you, I've been a WDW annual passholder (non-Florida resident) for several years now. First off, it's worth every penny, and this is NOT a gripe list or a list of complaints at all, but sometimes in my own fantasyland I wish there would be some more benefits ...

1. The annual pass itself -- this has been covered before, but the pass itself is still made of this flexible cardboard-like material. Yes, it really is sturdy and hard to rip, but don't you think it would make more sense to have it made of the same material as the credit-card-like plastic room keys?

This may be stretching it, but how about with our picture on it (like the old park hoppers) or maybe like an ID with a lanyard?

2. Annual pass lounges -- what happened to these? These were lounges in the parks in years past that annual passholders had access to for a quick break, etc. Bring them back!! Not necessarily looking for a private club (though that would be cool) but realistically one per park could be set up kind of like a baby care center!

3. Separate lines -- ok, not necessarily VIP status, but how about being able to use a separate turnstile entrance? If not dedicate a turnstile to AP holders, how about letting us use the Cast member ones (CMs please don't flame me :) ). Going back to the pass itself, instead of having to insert in into a passreader, you can scan it like a grocery scanner, so it would be quicker!

3a. AP Fastpass -- ahhh ... I wish you could use your AP like a dream fastpass ... 'nuff said.

Again, I really can't complain, the AP is awesome as it is, but ... again, my fantasy world.

What do you think?

-WDWFan2005
DVC Member
WDW AP Holder

'75 offsite
'82 offsite
'86 offsite
Every year since 1988 -- offsite, Old Key West, Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Villas

DizneyRox
09-09-2007, 08:13 AM
The AP provides admission to the parks for 366 consecutive days at the cost of about $1.25 a day. Honestly, I think we are lucky it's still offered as a ticket option, never mind any other special treatment.

Goofeygal
09-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I have said the same thing that I am an annual pass holder and I wish they would make them out of the same type of cards that they use for room keys. I had to have my replaced before because I had it in my pocket and got caught in a typical fl rain storm and it ruined it. They put park tickets on room keys so I wish they would do the same for AP since they have to last for a year.:mickey:

ibrowse17
09-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree with all points. I can remember my old Fla resident pass was credit card like and had my pic on it, and that was in the late 80's. It would be nice, but I am proud to be a passholder regardless:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
The AP provides admission to the parks for 366 consecutive days at the cost of about $1.25 a day. Honestly, I think we are lucky it's still offered as a ticket option, never mind any other special treatment.I have to agree with this. We just started getting APs a few years ago. I can't imagine being without one. I dread the day they no longer offer them or just down right price me out of them.
To the OP, those would be nice perks. We can always dream, huh? :mickey:

January-2007
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
We've had to get new passes made up maybe 4 times this year? Our room key never gets messed up but our APs always do, so I have to agree that it would be better if they put them on something more sturdy.