PDA

View Full Version : Restroom lines

bibbidiboo3
09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
How are the lines for waiting for the restroom? My dd is at the tail end of potty-training and if we have an emergency, I want to make sure we won't be waiting long to get in. Are the men's lines long? DH could take her if women's line is too long.
Thanks! (6 more days!!):mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-09-2007, 07:53 AM
With there being SOOO many restrooms throughout WDW, i have never had a problem with lines... Disney is very good at accommodating many people at once. You should have no problems! :mickey:

K8screen
09-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Never thought about it before, but I dont think Ive EVER had to wait in line for restrooms at the parks. Dont worry, there are plenty!

DizneyRox
09-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I guess no one has ever gone in summer...

I have seen lines, mostly for the womens rest rooms. More so at MK and the busy spots at Epcot than anywhere else.

There are often options though, like if there's a line, I use the companion rest room. A lot of times that's open. Take a look at the maps, they are often clearly marked.

dinahvixen
09-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I've gone in Sept, never had to wait in line, BUT word of caution; I also took a recent potty trainee and the toilets there flush like they're part of a turbo engine. My daughter was very nervous to use them after the first time, so we had to devise a system where I would cover the automatic flusher until she was safely off and out of the stall - then she was fine with the flushing. It seriously scared her!

K8screen
09-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I was there this July, and as I said before, no lines. But I agree about the powerful flushes. Some of them scared ME!

iheartmickey
09-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I've gone in Sept, never had to wait in line, BUT word of caution; I also took a recent potty trainee and the toilets there flush like they're part of a turbo engine. My daughter was very nervous to use them after the first time, so we had to devise a system where I would cover the automatic flusher until she was safely off and out of the stall - then she was fine with the flushing. It seriously scared her!

I totally agree ... we had the same problem with our DD. I had post it notes in our room, I would bring a couple in our bag and then use one to cover the sensor. Then she could go knowing it wouldn't go off untill I removed the post it note!

The only time I ever waited in line was while waiting for Illuminations to start at Epcot ... it was one of the smaller restrooms in the park though ... and we didn't have to wait long, maybe 2 minutes.

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Lines move quickly. Carry post it notes and some extra clothes. Go before getting in line for a ride. Have fun.

tinkerbell04
09-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I agree about the companion rest rooms, if they are available, I oftentimes used them with my DD when she was small. They are big enough to push a stroller right on in, or my DH could take her without really going into the mens room.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-09-2007, 08:40 AM
This is the first time I've had to think about that......we've gone in June a couple of times, July and August...I don't remember lines at all.....mens restroom has always been "free flowing".....DW says she's never had any problems either....there are so many, I guess Disney has that "problem" covered......check out a map before going that way you'll have a good idea of where they are just in case of an immediate need......have a great time.

McGoofy
09-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Most restrooms throughout the parks have SEVERAL stalls and move quickly. Even at busier times, I've rarely had to wait. However, if anybody has to go really badly, don't wait until you get inside Columbia Harbour House restaurant near the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom. There were only 2 or 3 stalls in there and last time I was there, the line was hanging out the door. However, even there, a lady came through with a little one that was in immediate need and begged to let her little one go next. Nobody objected. I would have never told anybody "no," but I still wonder sometimes if there's scam artisits that do that just so they don't have to wait in line?

Nekochan
09-09-2007, 09:05 AM
If it's an emergency, people usually have no problem letting you go ahead. I've never seen anyone use that as a 'scam'

DawsonAR
09-09-2007, 09:24 AM
We have never had to wait more than a minute or two. Most of the time we have just walked right in.

AuntDJ
09-09-2007, 09:34 AM
My suggestion would be to make sure she doens't need to "go" prior to getting in a line...
Sometimes, I take the kids even if they say they don't just to make sure, as the lines in june (for rides) can get a little long and kids don't usually think that far in advance...

Question: "Here's a restroom, does anyone have to go"
Answer: "No"
get in line for Splash Mountain...
Question: "are you sure no one needs to go, this is a 45 min wait...."
Answer "No, c'mon, lets go!"
15 minutes later.......DJ I HAVE to go,...me:" can you wait" anwser :"NO. I HAVE to go NOW"

This is how it ususally works for me! so out of line we go....uggggghhhh

have fun!

DJ

rt207
09-09-2007, 09:35 AM
The only time I ever hit a line is at the American pavilion (outside the restaurant) in Epcot...usually when a "show" lets out.

mermaidmarian
09-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Never thought about it before, but I dont think Ive EVER had to wait in line for restrooms at the parks. Dont worry, there are plenty!

Nor have I.

TheRustyScupper
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
1) We usually go during slower times, and haven't seen lines.
2) Of course,if it is an emergency, folks will let you go.
3) Pun intended.

NOTE: If you think there will be a problem, I'd recommend getting a Fast Pass for the rest room of your choice.

jkj1224
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
as a side note, keep in mind that many of the restrooms have two aisles of stalls so if you're in a rush don't forget to check the back side...people frequently don't go to the second row and there are empty stalls...

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Guess I must be the odd person out because I always seem to have to stand in lines for the restrooms, but mainly at the MK - especially in the Tomorrowland area. I don't think I've had much of a wait at any of the other parks, but I do remember waiting at MK - even in the front of the park by Guest Relations. Maybe it's a timing issue, but that was even in August or September the last few times we went. :)

SandmanGStefani24
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
even in mid-July, I was in and out, no prob.

Isn't it great that the one thing we need the most is the quickest thing to get?

cal5755
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
But I agree about the powerful flushes. Some of them scared ME!

My 4 year old is terrified of the loud flushes and automatic toilets here in public restrooms!! The sticky notes on the sensor are a great tip!! Thanks!!

DisneyDudet
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I've noticed that even if you don't move, the toilet has a timer and will go off anyway, so if you happen to need a little extra time on the potty for your little one, it could go off. I must have gotten a malfunctioning one because, I was in a hurry and it went off when I got into the stall, about 20 seconds after I sat down, then about 4 times after that!

I have had lines in Fantasyland because of the shear amount of people in this part of the park. There have been lines in the one at the American Pavilion at Epcot, and a big crowd in the one outside Kali River Rapids. They are either trying to dry off, or the water made them have to go!! Also, the restroom at the end of Sunset, hear ToT and RnRC is always packed, but the line does move quickly. That one and the other down Sunset near the Planet Hollywood store are just to small for the amount of people around that part of the park!

I've only noticed lines on a sunny day in summer or near Christmas, except for the Fantasyland restroom.

IloveDisney71
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't often have to wait in lines no matter what time of year I go. If there is a line, it usually moves very quickly. There is one exception, there always seems to be a slow moving line at the restroom nearest the safari ride in the animal kingdom.

Pal Stitch
09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi the only place I really had to wait in line was at Crystal Palace during supper.

tinksmom02
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
The worst line we waited in was in H&V at MGM. Apparently H&V shares restrooms with 50s PTC...DD and I waited for a good 20 minutes, it was horrible. And this was the end of January!

Other than that, we were in and out.

DisneyKim22
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I rarely have to wait in line, although I also tend to go during the less crowded times of the year. The one place that I almost always have a small wait though is the restroom at the beginning of Main Street when the fireworks have ended and everyone is funneling through to leave. Even then, I don't think I've waiting more than a minute or two.