PDA

View Full Version : how much is required to cure a craving??

raevnzno
09-09-2007, 12:29 AM
if your transportation is provided, and your time is only 3 or 4 nites, and yet your budget would only cover your lodging (no park admissions for this trip) would you go anyway?

would it be worth it to just explore and appreciate the resorts??

Thanks for your input.

Pan
09-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Much as I'd like to say that just checking out the various resorts would be enough, I don't think I'd be able to be on Disney property and not go to the parks. Sounds like the recipe for a breakdown to me. "I can't go inside, what's up with that" :confused:

mouseketeer mom
09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Sounds a little torturous to me..Being soo close and not being able to get in. Yikes. I'd feel like the ducks at Casey's, just waiting for the french fries to drop. The way they stand there and look!!!! I'd be standing there and just looking at all the people on the monorail who will get in,! The Castle and Spaceship earth from a distance. I Don't think I'd like that too much!

disneydeb
09-09-2007, 08:55 AM
i think it has to be a personal decision. How much are you willing to torture yourself? Resorts have never meant that much to me--- yet. I've never grown out of that "all about the park phase", but I can tell there will probably be a time when I will go more for the ambiance of a Deluxe than a "sleep and shower' Value.

chick20679
09-09-2007, 01:16 PM
It could depend alot on where you're planning on staying...
If you were planning on staying at a deluxe resort (with a nice pool, lovely scenery, etc), why not try for a value resort instead and be able to spring for a day or two of park tickets??
But, if your budget is only allowing you to stay at a value, with no park tickets, I would keep in mind that the value resorts don't have as many amenities to offer... and while you can go to other resorts to walk around, enjoy scenery, visit restaurants/lounges and the like, 'pool hopping' is NOT allowed on Disney property, so you'll just be able to use your own resorts pool.
You would be able to go to DTD, however, and get a little of the Disney :magic: that way.
So, I guess it depends on what the details of your plans are...
Maybe you could save the money you would use for this 'non-park' trip so you can take a later vacation and really enjoy yourself??
Either way, hope you have a great time!

faline
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Personally, I'd probably save a while longer until I could also go into the parks on my trip.