PDA

View Full Version : Princess meals

apequet
09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Hello all! I was just thinking about our up coming trip and I keep re-thinking our plans. :unsure:

Currently we have ADR's for BBB @ 8:30 In the Castle Dec 9 and then we are doing breakfest @ Cindy's at 9:50. My 6 yr old :princess: is VERY excited about going and she will be dressed up like Sleeping Beauty. I pray we get lucky :pixie: and see her there. Since my princess will be all dressed up, I thought we could do the other princess meal for dinner @ Epcot, but I would hate to bore my 9 yr old son with 2 princess meals in one day. :bored: He's not too thrilled about going to the first one and to have 2 in one day may not feel too magical for him. Should I move the Norway princess meal to another day or should I torture my son with 2 princess meals in one day, since my DD will be all dressed up?

illini
09-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Personally, I would do it on different days. But, though my girls love dressing up, they don't stay in their dress up clothes the whole day. It would drive me bonkers, for one. Even they think it's too cumbersome to wear for the entire day at a theme park. So we've always changed after CRT. I'd just take her dress with you on another day and hit Akershus then. She could pop it on right before the meal.

And yeah... it'll give DS a bit of a breather.

Nicki'sMom
09-12-2007, 05:18 PM
We just did the castle for lunch (fabulous!) and Akershaus for dinner. We did it on separate days. I found that more than one character experience in one day was too much.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I agree with a post above... PLEASE dont make your Princess run through the hot parks all day in their dresses. We just got back... and the dresses and girls are GORGEOUS... but it was so hot, they all looked miserable by noon, and I could tell that some of them had no other outfits for the day and were probably staying all the way through to the Pirate and Princess Party at night! We had dinner at Norway last week... We just brought my daughter's Snow White dress in our bag, slipped it on her once we were in the restaurant and air conditioning... and then took it back off right before she left. She was thrilled to be dressed up while she saw the princesses, and happy to be comfy again once we were back out in the heat. Also, there is no where to wait in Norway for your name to be called, but the Courtyard... which has minimal shade...there were lots of wilting princesses that I felt so bad for!

apequet
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree with a post above... PLEASE dont make your Princess run through the hot parks all day in their dresses. We just got back... and the dresses and girls are GORGEOUS... but it was so hot, they all looked miserable by noon, and I could tell that some of them had no other outfits for the day and were probably staying all the way through to the Pirate and Princess Party at night! We had dinner at Norway last week... We just brought my daughter's Snow White dress in our bag, slipped it on her once we were in the restaurant and air conditioning... and then took it back off right before she left. She was thrilled to be dressed up while she saw the princesses, and happy to be comfy again once we were back out in the heat. Also, there is no where to wait in Norway for your name to be called, but the Courtyard... which has minimal shade...there were lots of wilting princesses that I felt so bad for!
You all have a point about getting hot and tired very quick. I think I will do the meals on different days. How was the Norway dinner?

Mom2princesses
09-13-2007, 07:27 PM
We did both on different days. CRT was my dd3's favorite. I put on a short set underneath her costume. So we took it off in the bathroom at CRT when we were on our way out.

Norway was fun too the food to me was just ok but my little's ones face when she got to see the princesses there we saw a few different ones and some repeats but that didn't matter.

CRT - we saw Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty was definitely there, Mary Poppins who was great, Belle in her blue dress and the Fairy Godmother. Here is my princess at CRT with her favorite Cinderella. (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/CINDERALLA1.jpg)

Norway - Belle was outside in her beautiful Yellow dress, Cinderella was there, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel. Here is my 3 yo with Ariel at Norway (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Ariel-Norway.jpg) We actually didn't dress her up again for Norway. It was just too hot of a day. Instead she bragged to the princesses that she and her big sister were wearing the same shirt! :)

Have a great time and spare your prince! :) Although there was a table next to us in Norway and they had two boys. They were so cute when the princesses came over to their table.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Norway dinner was a lot of fun... It was our first night there, so after being up at 4:30 in the morning for the flight, and waiting in the heat for 30 minutes for our names to be called, we were all rather weary. Our Waitress was so nice, she explained the dining plan to us as we were new to it. She even got Aurora to come back to our table since my daughter missed her on a trip to the bathroom. The food was ok... Not my favorite meal of the week, but worth it to see her with the princesses, and not give up 2 TS credits. the cold appetizer bar was good, dinner was ok... dessert was deliscious. THe princesses were great with my very shy daughter, and were willing to give her the space she needed while still posing in a picture with her. My husband REALLY liked Jasmine... Can't blame him... she was beautiful.

apequet
09-13-2007, 11:22 PM
We did both on different days. CRT was my dd3's favorite. I put on a short set underneath her costume. So we took it off in the bathroom at CRT when we were on our way out.

Norway was fun too the food to me was just ok but my little's ones face when she got to see the princesses there we saw a few different ones and some repeats but that didn't matter.

CRT - we saw Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty was definitely there, Mary Poppins who was great, Belle in her blue dress and the Fairy Godmother. Here is my princess at CRT with her favorite Cinderella. (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/CINDERALLA1.jpg)

Norway - Belle was outside in her beautiful Yellow dress, Cinderella was there, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel. Here is my 3 yo with Ariel at Norway (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Ariel-Norway.jpg) We actually didn't dress her up again for Norway. It was just too hot of a day. Instead she bragged to the princesses that she and her big sister were wearing the same shirt! :)

Have a great time and spare your prince! :) Although there was a table next to us in Norway and they had two boys. They were so cute when the princesses came over to their table.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Your princess was beautiful. I can't wait to see my daughters face when she see's Sleeping Beauty. :)

tyandskyesmom
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
We did Akershus for dinner once and we loved it. We were a bit scared of the food because we did not know what to expect. They were very friendly and helpful there. The tables are not all squished together so you do not have to be right on top of the table next to you. The princesses were all (Ariel with feet greeting -which was out main reason for being there, Belle in her blue dress, Jasmine, Aurora, and Esmerelda!) attentive and lingered long enough. Some of them even stopped by again. There were CMs walking around asking us if we saw all the princesses too. Skye was 20 months and Ty was 7 at the time and both of then loved it -- "bored" was not a word even Tyler would have used.

All that being said...in January they have a BBB appointment (Skye for a princess treatment and Ty for a "cool dude" package) at MK at 8am. Then we are having lunch at Akershus and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It is going to be a Princess Day! I figure if we are going to pay that much money (we have not yet decided on which package Skye is getting...she wants to be Ariel with legs but so far this Halloween all they have put out is the fishy Ariel) she is going to get as much out of it as possible! Tyler not having fun is the least of my worries (he will have just turned 9 and Skye will be 3 3/4 when we are there), he's at Disney, it's all fun!