PDA

View Full Version : Getting adjoining rooms

mook3y
09-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Hiya,

We leave in 10 days! woot!:cloud9:

We have friends that arrive in 12 days. (2 days after us).:party:

We would like adjoining rooms.

What is the best way to make this happen?

Thanks so much!:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
09-08-2007, 10:16 PM
When you check in tell the CM that your friends are checking in in 2 days and if possible that you guys would like adjoining rooms. They will try every way to accommodate your request but, sometimes can't due to availability. From personal experience if you plan on spending the days together from the time you get up til bed sometimes a little separation is a blessing so, don't be to upset if you don't get the request.

mook3y
09-08-2007, 10:27 PM
When you check in tell the CM that your friends are checking in in 2 days and if possible that you guys would like adjoining rooms. They will try every way to accommodate your request but, sometimes can't due to availability. From personal experience if you plan on spending the days together from the time you get up til bed sometimes a little separation is a blessing so, don't be to upset if you don't get the request.

LOL I hear ya, but if at all possible, will be easier for us if we have adjoining rooms. We are switching off babysitting. :D between us we have 2 three year olds and a 4 and 5 y.o.

So the convienience of being able to put the kids to bed in their beds would be very high!

And we arent spending all of our time together either. :D

DisneyDudet
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I think what you are wanting is Connecting rooms, which have the door between them. Adjoining rooms just mean that you want them next to each other.

In any case, a request about a week before check in wouldn't be a bad idea. Connecting rooms are limited. Adjoining rooms may be easier to get, but with your children, connecting rooms would be safest.

Good luck!

mook3y
09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I think what you are wanting is Connecting rooms, which have the door between them. Adjoining rooms just mean that you want them next to each other.

In any case, a request about a week before check in wouldn't be a bad idea. Connecting rooms are limited. Adjoining rooms may be easier to get, but with your children, connecting rooms would be safest.

Good luck!

Ah definately connecting room! Thanks for the clarification... that would not of been good....

Jenemmy
09-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Did you book through Disney or MJ? I know that I booked an upcoming trip through MJ and my parents are coming along on that trip. We have two seperate reservations, but MJ was able to "link" our ressies so that when one was pulled up, they other room popped up also.This is really important to us so that we can put the notion in the kids' heads that it would be FUN to sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's room some nights! LOL! Maybe you could call whomever you booked with and request something like this.

Oh and good catch on the connecting vs. adjoining.....I ALWAYS forget about that!

KarenP
09-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I would have connecting rooms noted on the reservation and reiterate the request at check in.