PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's Castle Question....

ravsluvdisney
09-08-2007, 08:24 PM
It may be my imagination, but thinking back to the last few trips we took to WDW I don't remember actually being able to walk through the Castle - am I dreaming?

BronxTigger
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
You can walk through the tunnel in the middle.

However, they block it off during a show.

Speedy1998
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Depends on the time of day. The tunnel becomes the backstage area for the shows in front of the castle during the day, and it also gets blocked of sometime prior to the fireworks.

jwallace378
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
It seems like they are having more and more shows in front of the castle. Anytime they have a show, they block it off.

kakn7294
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
We weren't able to walk through the Castle at all this trip. Every time we were in the vicinity and would have wanted to go through, it was blocked off. It's actually somewhat annoying and I think it takes away from the charm of the Castle.

Joy2theworld
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
You can usually walk through in the morning with no problem. We were able to do this during our trip last week. However, they are doing some construction for the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, so, I'm guessing it is closed more often than just during the shows until that opens.

cal5755
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
hmm I wonder how that is going to work with the BBB in there. I mean they block it off for shows.. but what if you have an appt for the bbb? It opens tomorrow!! My 2 DD have appts for the 18th.. I can't wait to see their faces!

Speedy1998
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
hmm I wonder how that is going to work with the BBB in there. I mean they block it off for shows.. but what if you have an appt for the bbb? It opens tomorrow!! My 2 DD have appts for the 18th.. I can't wait to see their faces!

It shouldn't make a difference, If the tunnel is closed for a show in the front, you will just have to walk around the castle and enter the tunnel from the back. The barriers that close it are beyond the entrance to CRT and where BBB will be.

AuntDJ
09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
When we were there in March, we were not able to walk thru at all due to the shows and fireworks...My 5 yr old was truly crushed!

DJ

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-10-2007, 12:17 AM
When it's blocked for shows and fireworks, it's because it's a safety concern due to the pyrotechnics involved. The stage show has several fireworks they need to plant on stage, and the Castle is actually one of the fall-out zones for fireworks debris during Wishes.

The walkway is open after fireworks, and in between shows so if anything, you can walk back to the castle and get to walk through after Wishes.

EmcDuckRN
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
So you were talking about going through the "tunnel"?

I first thought that you meant something like the walkthrough that was at DL for Sleeping Beauty Castle, (now closed) :(