PDA

View Full Version : WDW versus DL

pixiesmimi
09-08-2007, 08:18 PM
We just watched a show on TV about DL and WDW. It was a little more updated than the one we have watched before. It showed inside Disney Quest and about making your own rollercoaster and then riding it. My DH said "Man, I wish I had known about that!" :)

I like the way they have created the New Orleans area in DL. That is cool. Wish they would do that in WDW. Does anyone know about the Club 33 in DL? That is a well kept secret. It is a private club hidden inside the park and you have to have a secret card to get in. They serve dinner there. I'm wondering how you get to be a member or get the card to get in and what it compares to in WDW. They told a lot of the secrets of both parks and showed the insides of the different rides, some I have never been on. :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
From what I've seen and read Club 33 is almost like a country club. There is a waiting list years long to be come a member and there is a hefty initial fee plus a yearly membership fee to be a part. I can't think of anything at WDW that compares to it.

DL is an amazing place. It just works better to not compare it and WDW at all. They are just so different in so many ways...but equally amazing and fun!

Kurtoon
09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
We used to live in southern California and visited DL annually. We have made 5 trips to WDW and recently went back to DL.
WOW what a difference.
It may not be fair to compare....but we like DL better.
Why?
Details. DL pays attention to all the little details.
It feels different ...kinda like driving your car and you can feel something off but cant describe it
My wife says it feels like a more intimate experience
The kids agree and point out Roger Rabbits cartoon spin, the Indiana Jones ride "do not look into the eyes of the Idol" and on Buzz Lightyear the rayguns are free to move around not mounted to the vehicle and you can email a free picture home.
I could go on ...but ...
Club 33 is a private members only club, pricey and years on a waiting list to even be considered, nothing like this compares at WDW

much mouse

pixiesmimi
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
The last time we went to DL was in 1977. I'm sure it has changed a lot since then. It looks like it. I don't really compare them but even the narrator was comparing them and telling how things were updated in DL. It just seems like they pay more attention to DL even though WDW has more visitors annually. We were impressed with all of the updates. I imagine it gets the attention because it was the first park and is in LA. I doubted there was anything in WDW to compare to Club 33 but just wondered about how expensive it was and the type of food. I figured you had to pay to get into it and the narrator did say that there was a waiting list years long. That is just kinda of strange.