PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD, scrapbook or neither?

MickeyandTink
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
We will be in the World two weeks from today. :party: It's the first time for either DW or myself in over 15 years, so a lot of things will be new to us.

We are trying to decide whether to get the photopass CD, the scrapbook, or just use our own pictures and let DW make her own scrapbook. I don't think we can afford to get both, but may consider doing it if our friends, who are meeting us there for a few days, are interested in going in together and splitting the cost and getting two copies.

My question to you experts is what would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your helpful advice.

IloveJack
09-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Dh and I got the cd. IMHO, it's well worth it to spend $125 on the cd (for as many pics as you can find PPCM's to take), when it's $12.95 for one 5x7. We also took 850 pics with our own cameras:blush:, and I love to scrap, so we chose to not get the book. Rather, we just made our own, using our pics and the PP pics. If you choose to get the cd, get as many pics as you can with the PP CM's, as it's a flat fee, and doesn't matter how many pics are included.

Seasonscraps
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I would get the CD. I like having the actual pictures and you get a release with the CD so you can make reprints. Plus I am a scrapper too :)

At the photopass website, you have the option to pre-order your cd for $100. If for some reason you decide not to get the cd you can get a refund within two weeks of your trip. Check the site for details.

DDuck66
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
We always try and get the CD. My DW is a big scrapper and uses the old pictures from different trips over and over. In a week long trip, we can get 150 pictures on the Photopass Card with no problem. If you also going during any special events (MNSSHP), those PP pictures will also be on your CD. You can also combine PP cards onto one CD so if you do any seperate things you can each combine your pics.

DisneyCouture
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
What is the scrapbook option? I've never heard of it.

MickeyandTink
09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
What is the scrapbook option? I've never heard of it.

On the photopass web site, (from what I understand) you can use the pictures taken by the photopass CM's and/or your own pictures and insert them into pre-printed pages for a scrapbook that is then mailed to you. It looks pretty neat, and can be quite a bit cheaper than the photopass CD, but I don't think you can use the pictures for anything else.

If I'm mistaken about that, please someone correct me. BTW, thanks for all the input.

ToraTory
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
On the photo CD can you upload your own photos to be included on the CD or is it just the ones taken by the photopass folks?

DisneyAggies
09-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Where is the $100 deal listed on the website? I can't find it.

Thanks!

January-2007
09-10-2007, 08:17 PM
For us, neither. We've never found the Photopass Photographers to be very convenient for taking the pictures we're interested in having. I think they are better suited for families with children wanting to meet all the characters in the parks. When we meet with characters, it's at a character meal, where there are no Photopass Photographers. Also, there's only been a couple of times when there is actually a Photopass Photographer around at a landmark place available to take our picture, and the one or two times we've asked them to also take our picture with our own camera, they seemed so incredibly put off by it that I don't even bother anymore. Other people have had great success with Photopass, this has just been our experience.

faline
09-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Where is the $100 deal listed on the website? I can't find it.

Thanks!

Check this post. (http://http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115212)

kakn7294
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I prefer to do my own scrapbook with my own pics. The photopass pics usually turn out about the same as mine when supposedly they have better equipment. The only advantages I see to Photopass is that I get in the pictures too and you can add the borders but that's not worth the price in my opinion. There were really only 3 pics that we even liked on Photopass that we didn't have on our own camera - and those were the ones that we had to seek out a Photopass photographer to take.

mickeefan
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I have looked and looked and just can not find where you can order the photopass before you go.
When I clicked on try this I got a message that said it could not connect.
Any help would be appreciated.

mousaholic
09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Here is the link: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

mickeefan
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
mousaholic,
thank you very much.
I just could not locate it even though I knew what it looked like.
I have it bookmarked, again.

scootch713
09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
The photobook from the disney photopass site is very nice. The backgrounds and picture borders are all disney characters/landmarks, ect.... and the printing and pages are top quality. I am thinking of just doing the cd this year.. initially I thought no, just take my own.. but I could get in more of the pictures.. and when we go to say toontown to meet characters, I can just enjoy watching the girls with them, instead of getting my camera ready to take pics. My camera is a bit large, so I won't have to fuss with it as much.

Tigger&Stitch
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
We discovered photobooks on Shutterfly.com, and now use them for all our vacations, etc. We even did a wedding album!

Shutterfly gives you a ton of choices for layouts, and the prices are really reasonable. For our 40+ page wedding album, I paid around $35. Shutterfly always has discounts - either free shipping, or % off etc, and you can use more than one coupon code at checkout.

Simply take pictures with a digital camera, then upload them to the site. You can make the photobook from there.

Lucyrella
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I just returned from Disney on the 2nd of September, and I am in the process of putting together the photobook for my daughter's birthday keepsake. It is cheaper than ordering the CD or ordering the 5x7 prints. I have mixed feelings about the CD, in our case most of the pictures taken by the park photographers are not good. Over exposed, underexposed, bad poses. Many of the photos taken at the P&P party are of my daughter's back. The ones that turned out really well were taken at her session at the BBB. So I uploaded my vacation photos and put together a 23 page book. It looks like it will turn out really nice. Pricey for 23 pages, but cheaper than the 5x7's. So I am glad to hear that you can get your money back if you pre order the CD if you don't like what you see.

The Bookseller
09-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Since I got a camera that performs better than the ones owned by the staff of "Photopass", I don't see the need for their services. So it will be a big No for me.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 01:00 PM
We always take our camera and have a CM take pictures with it. This year we decided to purchase the photopass CD too. I order it 2 days ago. I figure why not....if I don't like the pictures then I just have them refund my money and not get the cd....if I like the pics I just saved $26.

Dyanna
09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Can you view the photos when you get home & then decide if I want to order a CD etc. I know the price will be higher but I want to view them first.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes, when you get home you can view your photopass pics and then decide whether or not you want the cd. If you like the pics then there is a promo code that you enter when you order the cd. If you don't like the pics then you can cancel your cd order and they refund your money.

Deansgal85
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I am going to order the CD for our Nov. trip....I like the thought of being in pictures...it just seems that I take all the pics and am never in any of them...this way the 4 of us (DH and kids) can all be in the pictures. Not that I LOVE to have my pic taken...but it would be nice sometimes.:thumbsup: AND I love to Scrapbook!!! I think the "book" idea is great...but I would buy the cutesy stickers etc. and do my own.

mickeefan
09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I just pre-ordered it for $99.95 and get free regular shipping since we always get the cd anyway.
According to the website to purchase later it is $124.95.

DisneyDudet
09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
We will most likely preorder the CD, as we have never had any problem with the Photopass system. We've had almost every picture turn out amazing!

I did not see anything about getting a refund before actually receiving your preordered CD, but I may misunderstand the wording on the site.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-15-2007, 03:32 PM
We will most likely preorder the CD, as we have never had any problem with the Photopass system. We've had almost every picture turn out amazing!

I did not see anything about getting a refund before actually receiving your preordered CD, but I may misunderstand the wording on the site.

It is at the bottom of the screen and says Satisfaction Guaranteed/Return Policy - you have 2 weeks after returning from your vacation to request it.