PDA

View Full Version : the making of me

battlefield2freak
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
it appears the making of me is going to close indefinately by the looks of the recent WDW operational update. when you search epcot and december 2007 it shows that body wars, cranium comand, and the making of me are all listed as seasonal and are closed. when you search janurary - march of 2008 it only shows cranium command and body wars. there also has been work recently in the making of me area in the pavilion. does anyone know whats going in there?

Figment!
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Paperwork was filed last month to remove the whole center section (Making of Me included) in order to be used for the 2007 Food and Wine Festival.

See Tidbits August 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111615) for details.

Tekneek
09-09-2007, 08:33 AM
So 'Making of me' is retired for good, it seems. I know the film was dated, but an update could have done well. Sadly, I don't think "Wonders of Life" as a concept fits in with Disney's plan for Future World/Epcot, nevermind the stuff that is currently in the pavilion.

Have they removed the signage yet? If they haven't, it must only be because they don't want to spend the time/money.

WDWfanatic742
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Last time I checked, the signage (including the DNA strand) was taken down and if you didn't know what was back there, you would never know it was there.

battlefield2freak
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
thank you. i had heard that the DNA tower was removed but i figured it was to be replaced guess i was wrong. maybe they are slowly going to remove everything in the pavilion which would make sense to me because its just taking up space sitting there all year without being open. it could be completely redeveoped for a new kind of ride so im sortof wanting it to go since i never got to experience the pavilion due to the fact it was closed everytime i went.

SgtTigger
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Paperwork was filed last month to remove the whole center section (Making of Me included) in order to be used for the 2007 Food and Wine Festival.

See Tidbits August 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111615) for details.

Ya know Jason it seems to me I remember this big building right next to both future world and the Countries that would be great for that..... Lets see I think it was called Odyssey House........ Was a big room or it could be divided into a few rooms....... Oh yea it is still there huh........ yet another building that is in EPCOT that is going unused........

Maybe they need to put up some for lease signs.......

:cop: :tigger:

drosenbe
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually, Odyssey probably is being used for F&W. It has in the past. The WOL will probably allow disney to spread things out.

Also, according to another website, which will go unnamed, the BodyWars simulators are currently being used to test the new StarTours film and effects!!

battlefield2freak
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
i could see that happening. is the oddysey the big building next to test track?

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
i could see that happening. is the oddysey the big building next to test track?

Yes, it is on the path between Future World and World Showcase... close to Mexico... When I was there in May/June, Oddysey was being used for some sort of plant showcase.....

battlefield2freak
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, it is on the path between Future World and World Showcase... close to Mexico... When I was there in May/June, Oddysey was being used for some sort of plant showcase.....

i never knew what it was. all i knew was that it was like a storage facility for epcot. maybe there will be some change finally because thats a prime location for a new attraction location or something. i would love a interactive ride about the NFL lol

ccp1
09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Odyssey was one of my favorite restaurants, back in the day.

cubbie
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Any word on what happened to the exercise bikes in WoL?? I am dying to get my hands on one of those. I loved going through the microworld, but Disneyland was always my favorite video on those machines.

kakn7294
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Actually, the last I heard, the Odyssey Center was being used routinely for the Grand Gatherings Illuminations dinner and dessert event. I had researched it for our Dec '06 trip and it was being used for it at that time. We were in the WOL building on that Dec '06 trip and it was really a sad state of affairs in there. It was basically just a big empty building outside of Body Wars and Cranium Command. The interactive areas were all closed off and covered with tarps. The snack area was closed, the old gift shop area was empty. There were cartoons playing in the one little theater and The Making of Me in the other but that's it. In Aug of this year, the sign for WOL was still on the building itself, but the DNA sculpture and the sign out in front of the building were gone.

Mickey 101
09-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Hope you don't mind me interjecting a question about the Wonders of Life pavillion, but does that mean Cranium Command and Body Wars will still be open or is the whole place closing down? If they are still going to be operational, will it only be seasonally? We love Cranium Command and would hate to see it close permanently.

battlefield2freak
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Hope you don't mind me interjecting a question about the Wonders of Life pavillion, but does that mean Cranium Command and Body Wars will still be open or is the whole place closing down? If they are still going to be operational, will it only be seasonally? We love Cranium Command and would hate to see it close permanently.

so far nothing has been said about body wars or cranium command so they might reopen this year like they did last year. the only hting closing is the making of me so far from whats been reported.

quinn
09-12-2007, 05:19 PM
It wasn't looking too good when I was down there last week. I took these pics with my cellphone.http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089080724

Figment!
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
so far nothing has been said about body wars or cranium command so they might reopen this year like they did last year. the only hting closing is the making of me so far from whats been reported.True, however, the removal of the pavilion marquee is not a good sign that the pavilion as-a-whole will re-open to the public.

There is a potentiality that these two attraction stay seasonally operational, but only for private and special events.

quinn
09-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I bought a DVD about Epcot at Pop Century that had a production date in 2006. it had Wonders of life in the section of the DVD for historic rides like Horizons and World of Motion.

battlefield2freak
09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
i dont know if those panels on the pavillion are supposed to be gone but it looks like they took them off. i cant remember what it looked like when i was last there but it looks as if the tiles ont he roof are being taken off. id say that it more than likely is closing from what ive seen and read on this matter. 1 the making of me started being removed then the DNA scupllture came down then the signs for the pavilion were removed. thank you quinn for the pictures. the wonders of life is currently closed sing was there back in 04 and early 06 but that doesnt nesacarilly mean its closing.

positive0negative
09-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I bought a DVD about Epcot at Pop Century that had a production date in 2006. it had Wonders of life in the section of the DVD for historic rides like Horizons and World of Motion.

That sounds pretty cool. Any idea if that DVD is available outside the parks?