PDA

View Full Version : USAIRWAYS and flight times

scootch713
09-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I booked a flight this week, and already the time has been changed(by 20 min)..... is this typical?? any chance it could go back to the old timing?? or change again??? :mad: I really wanted a flight 2 hours later, but just didn't want to pay the extra for it..... and praying this flight I took doesn't go any earlier, ugghh.

also, they did not notify me, i just noticed it as I was peekign on their site this morning.... do they usually notify you?

NLODisney
09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
We haven't used US Air for years because we now have SW as a great option and they go nonstop. The last time we did use them they changed the return time on our flight home after we checked in at MCO from a 4pm flight to 11pm. I had my neice and nephew with and we were told when we went to the gate for our flight about the change. I have never flown with them again.

09-08-2007, 09:34 AM
US Air changed our flight time too when we visited DW in May. Our original flight time to return home was in the early evening and AAA notified us a couple of weeks before our trip that the time had changed to early afternoon which meant less time we could spend at DW. Ugh!

scootch713
09-08-2007, 10:16 AM
So I guess it will be a guessing game.... lol.... ok.. I am going down Southwest, but wanted to take advantage of the hotel check in, so went with usair for return since southwest does not have baggage checkin at hotel for return. I take my 2 daughters by myself, so airport check in has always been the most difficult part of the trip for me. I just hope the flight goes later, not earlier as we are goign to the MVMCP the night before and I know they are going to be tired, last time we went to it, we closed the park, riding its a small world, over and over and over.... did i say, over and over... lol..... we didn't get even get off the boat. :D

CaptainSad
09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I only use Jet Blue. I stil use them after what happened earlier in the year. I have never had trouble of any kind. Still the best service around.

vamaggie
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
It seems like this schedule shuffle is common for many airlines these days .We are flying United in Nov and booked back in Feb. They have changed our outbound flight 2 tiems already (originally supposed to leave 2 something, now 12:15) and out return flight once (from a 3pm to a 5pm) Each time I found the change, was never notified. The time changes were ok with us but if they are not for you, I would call and have them put you on a more convenient flight.

SteveL
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM
I despise USeless Airways!. SW and Airtran are much cheaper with better service.
St Patty's weekend DD sat on the tarmac for three hours before her flight to Boston was finally cancelled due to weather. It took USless Airways two weeks to find her luggage that never left PHL!

raevnzno
09-08-2007, 09:15 PM
if an airline has a schedule change and the new time doesn't work for you, you can make one change without any penalties. contact the airline and ask them to change your flight to one that works better for you. however, imho 20min isnt that much of a difference.