PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 3 days for first BCV stay, any tips?

DISNEYFIX
09-08-2007, 05:30 AM
What tips do you guys have about our first stay at the BCV?
Can't Wait!:thumbsup:

Horizon93
09-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I have never stayed there but I plan on it someday. The Epcot location is incredible. You can stay to the very end of Illuminations and be home in minutes!

Have a great trip!:mickey:

BethieTink
09-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Make sure you plan lots of pool time at Stormalong Bay. It is :cloud9:. Enjoy the quick walk into EPCOT. Take your time wandering around. It is a fabulous resort. Say hi to Art the Greeter!

Less than a month for me!! Can't wait!

Maleficent's Dad
09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
The two "perks" of the BCV over all other DVC accomodations are:

1. Proximity to EPCOT
2. SAB

With regards to EPCOT, we often go to EPCOT in the evenings - for dinner, Illuminations, snacks, drinks, etc... You simply cannot be closer to WS than you are at the BCV.

SAB is not for everyone, but it is an awesome pool. Some don't care for its layout since it's not really a pool but a water playground. We have 2 kids and we all LOVE SAB. It's easy to spend an entire day here with B&C and Hurricane Hanna's right there for quick bites.

We thoroughly enjoy Cape May's b'fast at the BC. (The dinner is fine, good, but not great.) It's a quieter, mellower version of all character b'fasts. There are some fun things like kids writing on the table cloths with crayons. Goofy often writes my daughter a message on the table when he visits!

Your dining options abound - Quick service or sit-down in EPCOT, several restaurants at the BW and YC, and the restaurants of the Swan & Dolphin. These are all within easy walking distance. Don't count MGM out either - Brown Derby is tops. It's a boat ride or longer walk away.

BCV have to be my family's favorite...or a close second.

Have a great time! :mickey:

plumberswife
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Try Cape Mays for dinner & also walk over to JellyRolls, int's a dualing piano bar, alot of fun. We stayed there in January and it was one of the best vacations we've ever had. We will be leaving in 76 days for 2 weeks. We're starting off at the Contemporary for 4 days and then we're staying at BCV for 10 days. Can't wait! Have fun!:confused::mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Just a couple quick additions to an already good list of suggestios above. First, do not miss Beachs n' Cream for a treat at some point - maybe more than once - great ice cream treats. We also find the Marketplace to be a nice place to grab something quick to eat or drink for breakfast or lunch. Finally, if time permits, enjoy the walk all the way around the lake - it's a nice way to walk off a big dinner! Have a great trip.

PoohsGang
09-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Try Cape Mays for dinner & also walk over to JellyRolls, int's a dualing piano bar, alot of fun. We stayed there in January and it was one of the best vacations we've ever had. We will be leaving in 76 days for 2 weeks. We're starting off at the Contemporary for 4 days and then we're staying at BCV for 10 days. Can't wait! Have fun!:confused::mickey:

That itineary sounds exactly like mine. Are you really a Plumbers Wife?

cdforbes
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
You will love the pool area!! Have a wonderful time and make sure you try Beaches & Cream..:mickey:

plumberswife
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
To answer Poohsgang question, yes I am a plumbers wife.

PoohsGang
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
To answer Poohsgang question, yes I am a plumbers wife.

do you know how to use a plunger?