PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day weekend crowds?

Mickey 101
09-08-2007, 04:28 AM
My DH is going to Orlando on business Oct 6-10 and we are kicking around sneaking down there with him. :mickey: We've never been in October and wondered what the crowds would be like. We survived and actually enjoyed ourselves over the holidays last December, so I guess that broke us in, but would still like to know what to expect.

Is it even busier in October?? I've read so much about MNSSHP and Food & Wine that I'm beginning to think its a little crazy. Also MJ said our favorites, CBR and AKL are booked solid. All we could get with AP rates is All-Star Music. :confused: Thanks in advance!!

TennesseeTink
09-08-2007, 09:57 AM
We love October! It's no longer one of the slowest times but it's definitely not one of the busiest either. :thumbsup: Last year(we were there Sat.-Sat. of Columbus Day week) we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything. Of course the big draws like Soarin can get quite a long line but we just fast pass it. Sat. thru Mon. was definitely more crowded but it did drop off after the holiday. After going in October we swore we'd never go during summer again.

Aslo the weather was perfect, never too hot but never real cool either.

When I called a few days ago to see about upgrading to a Deluxe with AP, they still had AKL. We didn't take it because I wanted to stay somewhere I hadn't stayed before but I'd keep checking periodically if I were you.

Dyanna
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
From what I have been reading Columbus weekend/week is VERY busy, close to summer months but not as bad. To give you an example. Magic Kingdom will be open until 3am in Sunday Oct 7th in order to handle the big crowds they are expecting. We will be there & will be making the best of it. hopefully we will hear from more people whom have been there during this week in the past.

rt207
09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Hmmmm...I was there that week last October and the crowds were not bad at all. I absolutely loved October. I do want to mention that I stay offsite so I Zag when everyone else Zigs which may explain why I always seem to hit lower crowds than what others report (IE: I tend to go to the park that had EMH the day before...it works beautifully).:cool: