PDA

View Full Version : Teens in costumes at Disneyland

SoraDonaldGoofy
09-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Hello. If my girl friends and I want to go to Disneyland in these clothes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/neoterra/KHcrew.jpg

would we be able to go into the theme park?

It is from the game Kingdom Hearts 2. We were thinking of going in the spring in 2008.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure how it works at DL, but at WDW, you cannot wear a costume in the park unless it is a child or hard-ticket event. I would assume that they have the same policies there. It's done out of character integrity.

Let's say someone comes up to you and ask you guys for an autograph/photo and you deny them. That looks bad on Disney's characters because they are always supposed to be courteous. Or let's say you are a smoker (which I would hope you aren't since you are 'teens, but you never know) and you're smoking a cigerette and some little child sees you, and thinks you guys are really Sora and Co. It would also leave a bad impression and ruin the integrity of the characters.

At WDW, we've turned away several teens and adults who come dressed, including one dressed as Abraham Lincoln, who wanted to sit outside of Hall of Presidents at MK and give history lessons.

Overall, I would advise not to, because they might turn you away and tell you to change(although personally, I love the idea and would applaude you....and yes, I would still tell you you couldn't come in). Save the costumes for an anime convention. Plus they'd get messy and sweaty and stuff, and we wouldn't want that. -^_^-

NotaGeek
09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Hello. If my girl friends and I want to go to Disneyland in these clothes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/neoterra/KHcrew.jpg

would we be able to go into the theme park?

It is from the game Kingdom Hearts 2. We were thinking of going in the spring in 2008.

:welcome: to INTERCOT. Yep, no costumes unless you are a kid and/or at a ticketed event. It's too much of a liability for Disney. If you have any questions about specifics, I would suggest contacting Disney Guest Services (https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/contactUs?name=ContactUsPagehttps://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/contactUs?name=ContactUsPage).

SoraDonaldGoofy
09-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Thank you for the welcome :blush:

Uh, I have a few more questions. What is a "hard-ticket/ticketed event" and is there some sort of exception to this rule? I know of 4 people that actually dressed up as similar characters on different occasions and got into the park just fine. And when I was in Disneyland in August of 2005 there were a lot (over 100) of adults dressed in gothic lolita costumes. Do you guys know why these people would have been let in without any trouble? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

NotaGeek
09-09-2007, 01:43 AM

Uh, I have a few more questions. What is a "hard-ticket/ticketed event" and is there some sort of exception to this rule? I know of 4 people that actually dressed up as similar characters on different occasions and got into the park just fine. And when I was in Disneyland in August of 2005 there were a lot (over 100) of adults dressed in gothic lolita costumes. Do you guys know why these people would have been let in without any trouble? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

A hard ticketed event would be something like the Halloweentime Celebration. If you have noticed people dressed up in costume in the past and know actual people that have gone in costume, I am not sure what answers you might be looking for. INTERCOT is not a part of the Walt Disney company, and we can only really tell you what the rules are.

My best guess is that the people you know that went to the park weren't stopped because Disney Security just thought they were their wearing normal clothes as there are always Goth/Punk etc that enjoy the parks, especially during Haunted Mansion Holiday.

If you have questions about exact rules and what Disney will allow, I would really suggest contacting Disney Guest Services at the link I provided above, they will be your 100% answer. When you find out, please post and let us know what the their response was! Good luck. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-09-2007, 10:11 AM

Ah yes, the Almighty Bat Day. It's actually an event not sponsored by Disney that occurs I believe the first weekend of August. It's similiar to Gay Days in Orlando (which is also not a Disney sponsored-event, btw). Most on the gothic and industrial community 'invade' Disneyland for a couple of days, then go back to their resorts and have events, parties, raves, etc. It's actually pretty interesting and it started some years ago. I've always wanted to go but haven't made it out there yet. Maybe this year.

And Gothic Lolita is not a costume. It's a fashion style based out of Japan, worn mostly by younger women but men also dress as well. Telling someone they can't wear the outfits would be like telling someone they can't wear jeans and t-shirt. It's not a character, it's a style of clothing and therefore, does not fall into the category of a costume. If you want more information about Gothic Lolita, you can message me as I am somewhat of a fanatic for it.

Info for Bat Day can be found [link removed per INTERCOT's Terms of Service].

Edit by Me: Didn't realize the link was against policies. You can search it and find it on google or yahoo then. It's pretty popular.

SoraDonaldGoofy
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Thank you both for all the helpful information. I'll look into maybe going during the Halloween event instead because we really wanted to get pictures with the Disney characters as Kingdom Hearts characters.
And I will talk to the Guest Service to see what their response is. Thanks again.

Disney Babe
09-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, I'm glad I read about this "unofficial" thing that occurs the first week of August. I'll avoid going then. People all in black depress me, costume or not.

BrerGnat
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
My sister and her husband went (by accident) on "Bat Day" and she said after awhile, it was kind of creepy seeing so many people all Goth'ed out at once. She doesn't have anything against it but she said most of them just looked very serious and angry and it was just scary after awhile. :)

To the original poster: if you want to wear costumes, you have to attend the Trick of Treat event at DCA. You have to purchase tickets in advance...they are around $40 per person (I don't even know if those are considered your park admission or if separate admission is required as well). You can find info online at Disneyland.com under Mickey's Halloween Treat. That will have the dates and times of the events in October.

Otherwise, you MAY be able to get away with wearing clothes similar to the characters without them being overt costumes. They can't really tell you you're not allowed in with baggy pants and chunky shoes, right? If you make it look like your regular clothes, you'll probably not be questioned. I have seen some GETUPS on guests at DL in my visits over time...you can get away with a lot...just don't go painting your face or anything.