PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras 2008 crowds

Lillabelle00
09-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I was just wondering how much the Mardi Gras influx affects crowd levels and wait times at the parks. Next year Mardi Gras is February 5, so I know it is early and still in Value season. I also know about the unpredictable weather (I live in the south) but wish I knew more about those unpredictable crowds. Thanks. :mickey:

Here we go again...
09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
We were there for Mardi Gras a couple of years ago. I was SHOCKED to see how many people were there from Louisiana! There was a sea of purple, green and gold in the parks.
That trip was an early Mardi Gras also. And, the Superbowl was being played in Florida. So the crowds were pretty large. We still had no problems.The weather was perfect too.

We will be back this year for Mardi Gras. My DD is competing in National Dance Competition at Wide World of Sports. We arrive January 30th and leave February 6th. You will have lots of dancers while you are there, but they are not as wild as the cheerleaders get. Our school in watched very closely... if they act up, they do not go back next year...

KAJUNKING
09-08-2007, 02:10 AM
i agree that you see an a lot of us cajuns trying to escape the mardi gras crowds here, but i think in feburary the crowds at disney should be pretty low, if you visit touringplans they have a calander of crowd levels, i think the cost is like $8 per year and it will givr you a guide to tell you what parks to visit on which dates and overall crowd levels, good luck :mickey:

tiaramom
09-08-2007, 08:25 AM
My family and I ventured last year at this time-
and it was pretty crowed for that time of year.
I heard there was also a large Home expo set up near by with thousands of guest. The buses were very crowed and it took a while to board them. The lines for rides werent so bad at all-
maybe 35 minute waits the most ever!
The lousiana crowds were there- and were very fun and sweet folks ( hope to meet some more this year).

robyn221
09-08-2007, 12:42 PM
It's been about 4 years since we took the kids to WDW at MG. The crowds were manageable, and yes, it looked like half of south Louisiana had migrated over to Orlando. We're looking at doing this again maybe in 2009.

After we got settled in to our cabin at FW, my husband went to a nearby grocery store to get supplies. As he was checking out, he and the cashier were chatting and he mentioned that he was from Louisiana. She was absolutely shocked that we would leave for MG. My husband told her that we had to come since our attic could no longer hold the weight of all those plastic beads;).

Robyn:mickey:

crltkcagle
09-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I've been told that it's a great time to go if your from New Olreans (like us) but i was also told that the crowd is pretty bad. nothing like the crowd on bourbon street during mardi gras though. lol

dteed
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
We are there almost every Mardi Gras, the earlier in the year the better. We skipped last year because Mardi Gras and Presidents Day were the same week. this year should be great. See ya'll there.

mjesq
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
We were there for Mardi Gras a couple of years ago. I was SHOCKED to see how many people were there from Louisiana! There was a sea of purple, green and gold in the parks.
That trip was an early Mardi Gras also. And, the Superbowl was being played in Florida. So the crowds were pretty large. We still had no problems.The weather was perfect too.

We will be back this year for Mardi Gras. My DD is competing in National Dance Competition at Wide World of Sports. We arrive January 30th and leave February 6th. You will have lots of dancers while you are there, but they are not as wild as the cheerleaders get. Our school in watched very closely... if they act up, they do not go back next year...

Angel - We will be there the EXACT same time! Just confirmed last week:mickey:

Here we go again...
09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Hmmm.... looks like an Intercot meet in the making! :mickey:
I will post a thread to see if we can put together a meet for Mardi Gras. :beer:

MPoppins
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
We'll be there as well! We're assuming that crowds will be better than other years with Mardi Gras being so early this time. We can hardly wait!!:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
We'll be there as well! We're assuming that crowds will be better than other years with Mardi Gras being so early this time. We can hardly wait!!:thumbsup:

We live in the same town but might finally meet in Disney World!! :thumbsup:

Lillabelle00
09-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Hmmm.... looks like an Intercot meet in the making! :mickey:
I will post a thread to see if we can put together a meet for Mardi Gras. :beer:

Let me know if you do. I already know quite a few who are going from my little hometown, New Iberia. I am hoping the crowds are low due to it not being President's week too. I did check the unoffical website for crowd levels, but I know from experience that it isn't always accurate. Hope to see an army of purple and gold and black and gold at the World in Feb. :mickey:

MPoppins
09-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Hope to see an army of purple and gold and black and gold at the World in Feb. :mickey:

Can you imagine if our beloved Saints would be playing in the Superbowl - the weekend before Mardi Gras week? I've already decided that if they make it this time, we'll give up park time to watch the game somewhere! If enough Louisiana folks are around, we should all meet to watch the Saints go marchin' in! :party::beer::yay: Maybe I'm jumpin' the gun a bit, but I've got faith!