PDA

View Full Version : Mid October Crowds?

Vinny
09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I just finished booking the annual WDW trip that my father and myself take for this coming February. However, this past week, my sister had been planning a surprise trip for the family (4 of us) to coincide/celebrate our parents anniversary. This will be the first time we have all been to WDW together since 2000. I am curious about the crowds for this time of year in the parks. I was there last year during the first week of November and the crowds were very manageable. Thanks for any info you can provide.

WDW Dreamer
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
October isn't too bad as far as crowds are concerned. Definitely much better than in the summer. You'll have a great time! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
09-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Generally crowds are lighter in October. One big difference this year is that the golf tournament that was held in mid-October has now been moved to November. We used to find that week busy so it will be interesting to see the effect of the move this year. Maybe early November will suddenly become busy.

chrisandmattsmom
09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
We were there from October 21, 2006 to Oct. 28th. We didn't think the crowds were bad at all. My husband HATES crowds and he didn't complain, so it must have been okay! The first two days it was in the 90's and then it dropped into the 70's. We thought this was great considering it was in the 40's when we left Philadelphia! Try to get to MNNSHP because we had a great time there! MK was not crowded at all and the fireworks were spectacular!! We actually stayed on Goofy's Barnstormer rollercoaster without getting off because there was no one waiting in line to get on! The kids loved dressing up and getting candy! I hope you have a great trip!!

DDuck66
09-10-2007, 09:11 AM
We always try and go either in early May or mid October. October has always been nice with the crowds being pretty good especially during the week. The weekends do tend to get a little crowded especially in the MK, but it is nothing like the summer months.

Figgyluv03
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I was there back in 2001 in mid October and there was pretty much no crowds at all. Then again, it was after 9-11 and alot of the groups had cancelled. We are going the 19th - 25th of next year and I'm hoping there won't be too many people there.

MinnieMommie
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Nice time of year to visit. Great weather, lots to do and not crowded, :mickey: