PDA

View Full Version : Last time Splash Mountain was closed for rehab/refurb?

2girlsmom
09-07-2007, 09:47 PM
We're headed to WDW in February and for some reason I have this horrible fear that Splash Mountain will be closed for rehab/refurb. I've heard absolutely nothing about a potential closing, so I attribute my irrational fear to the fact that it is my DD5's favorite ride. Does anyone know the last time it was closed or has anyone heard that it might be? I'd like to squash that little voice in my head! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
09-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Splash was last (partially) closed in November 2003 for some repainting. We didn't open the attraction until noon for about three weeks back then.

Not sure when the last *major* rehab was done, but when we rode it a coupla weeks ago, everything was working - Hopping Rabbit, Jumping Fountaings, *everything*. I was shocked...LOL

mousetrapper
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that the last few times we visited WDW (2004 & 2005) Splash was in desperate need of some work! The ride stopped several times and some of the animatronics weren't working.

For example, the scene where Brer Rabbit is hopping along through bushes on your left, with his bundle on a stick slung over his shoulder, was malfunctioning.

Anyway, I hope I didn't feed your fear but I'm just commenting that it could use a boost here and there!:blush:

Here's some pixie dust for you in hopes it doesn't happen while you're there!

:pixie:

comicguy
09-08-2007, 11:32 AM
When we were there in Jan 07 the ride was closed and completely drained. I do know it needed some TLC then but we were on the ride just last week and everything was working just fine and eveything looked nice. The one thing I wish they woud fix on the ride in the logs, the foam is peeling and is very slimy to touch:ack:.

I know there was excessive amount of gum stuck to the walls in the waiting line, I did notice that most of it was gone this past August.:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
09-10-2007, 12:11 AM
When we were there in Jan 07 the ride was closed and completely drained. I do know it needed some TLC then but we were on the ride just last week and everything was working just fine and eveything looked nice. The one thing I wish they woud fix on the ride in the logs, the foam is peeling and is very slimy to touch:ack:.

I know there was excessive amount of gum stuck to the walls in the waiting line, I did notice that most of it was gone this past August.:thumbsup:

Yup, it was closed in Jan of 2007. 3rd week of the month, we got to ride it once before it went down for the rest of the week...:(

Samtastic
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
We were there for that. It's one of DBF's favorite rides. There's this one pict of him, standing in front of it, looking so sad. Poor baby. Hopefully it will be up Jan 08!!

MMouse6937
09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, again, not trying to scare you but last time we were on SM it needed some major work. It kept stopping and the other logs were slamming into the back of us. The water quite literally stinks and we can't tell if its the foam cushions or the actual water, but once that gets on your hands I can't get the smell off. :sick: I love the ride, we just sometimes pass it by because I don't want that wet stinky smell on me. But, on the bright side doesn't look like any planned refurbs for the near future, unless something breaks down. Have a great time! :mickey: