PDA

View Full Version : Best restaurant in Epcot?

caubert
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey everybody,
I am trying to pick a restaurant in Epcot with great food for us and our three daughters ages 7,8, and 10. Not so much concerned whether or not there are any characters present. How is food at Garden Grill or Coral Reef? Kids won't like anything exotic. Thanks for help.

Caubert

tinkerbelle75
09-07-2007, 06:36 PM
LeCellier is absolutely wonderful. If you're into steak and potatoes, this is your best bet. The breadsticks are awesome and the cheddar cheese soup is to die for!Great kids' menu also.
We didn't care for Coral Reef. The atmosphere is gorgeous and the desserts are good but the food was not at all what we expected and my husband was so :ack: after eating there!

GrmGrninGost
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I love LeCellier! It has wonderful food! But, the girls might enjoy Coral Reef. We have had wonderful experiences there! The food has been very good and I love watching the fish swim around while you dine! IMO you can't go wrong with either of these two! :mickey:

KarenP
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Le Cellier is my favorite too.

I have not eaten at Garden Grill but heard it is good.

RocknRoller94
09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Coal Reef has steak, chicken, and everything else, as well as seafood, and Garden Grill has Potatoes, Catfish, Meats, Veggies, and the like. There is a scrumptious dessert at CR called the Chocolate Wave. I suggest the Reef.:mickey:

MsMin
09-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I love a steak at the Coral Reef! Fish are friends not food :nemo: I think the kids would love it.

TheMartellFamily
09-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Norway Askerhaus as for is has things everyone will eat and having 3 girls this is where the princesses hide out

goofysbabe
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Le Cellier - THE BEST!!! Pretzel bread & cheese soup YUMMY, YUMMY in my tummy!

SingingLights
09-08-2007, 05:36 PM
This question was SOOOOOOO easy. Drum roll, please. Le Celliar:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2007, 08:32 PM
1) People like to say Le Cellier.
2) But, it really doesn't get good professional reviews.
3) I find that eating at non-Disney-owned eateries are best.
4) Disney-owned are getting very like-minded menus.
5) There is less and less to distinguish each one.
6) In Epcot, I would recommend
. . . Bistro de Paris
. . . Chefs de France
. . . Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki)

NOTE: I do not intend to put down Le Cellier, but they are pre-packages meats, and not all that unique. They are good, but not that unique. When I spend bucks for meals at WDW, I want uniqueness and quality. That is why we patronize two of the Signature eateries and non-Disney-owned eateries. We usually don't simply run with the Lemmings.

Samtastic
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
How does eating at a disney-owned eatery make one a lemming?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
This lemming tried Le Cellier this week and thought it was very good. The tomato stack was so good (an appetizer) and even being on the dining plan, the service was fantastic. We found that a lot of the servers do NOT go out of their way to keep your glass filled etc once they know you are on the dining plan. But we had excellent service at this and at LTT in MK.

katzctkpt
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
We have eaten at the Teppanyaki restaurant and loved it. It's Japanese food but, they have steak, shrimp, chicken, scallops, etc... We also have eaten at the CS in UK love the fish & chips. I've heard positive things about LeCellier. One thing I suggest in not trying is the Mexican Restaurant San Angel Inn. That is the most disgusting food I think I've ever ate and my children said they'd never eat a taco again. We had ressies for CR and cancelled them because of all the negative reviews now we wished we'd tried it for our own opinion. I say try it then let us know how your children and self liked it.

Jared
09-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Le Cellier is currently the popular choice, but not necessarily the best one. Canada's lone restaurant offers a traditional menu of steak and potatoes. The meat is better than an average steakhouse in an average city, but it's certainly not unique.

Try one of the other World Showcase eateries, especially if your family enjoys international cuisine. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco generally receives favorable reviews. So does Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki Dining Rooms) in Japan.

Both restaurants in Future World--Garden Grill and Coral Reef--are generally solid. Garden Grill is a character meal in the Land pavilion, offering fresh meat, seafood and vegetables from the greenhouses served family style. The entire restaurant rotates around Living with the Land.

Coral Reef has been popular since Epcot opened. The tables offer a view of the aquarium next door. There are landlubber choices, but seafood is the main draw.

#1donaldfan
09-09-2007, 09:18 AM
We have eaten at Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki), actually is was Teppanyaki the last time we ate there...it was awesome.....if you don't mind a counter service the Yorkshire County Fish shop (UK) has the best fish & chips in the world, plus for a counter service they have plenty of room to enjoy your food.....these two I look forward to on my trips there........have fun choosing......

Jace Heiden
09-09-2007, 01:07 PM
The Garden Grill's atmosphere sends it over the top for me. The family style eating is fabulous IMO. I love being able to observe the bustling Land pavilion while relaxing in my booth in addition to various scenes from Living with the Land. Having your own personal chat with mickey isn't too bad either :thumbsup:

DisneyOtaku
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I have to go with Garden Grill for this one. If your kids won't go for anything exotic, they'll find good old "comfort" food here that's really tasty. Plus, it is a character meal, always a bonus. If nothing else, they might be amazed to learn that their resturant is rotating ^^

I haven't tried Le Cellier (but I just made my first PS there about twenty minutes ago!) or Coral Reef, so I may be biased, but I remember loving Garden Grill.

LudwigVonDrake
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
My two favorite restaurants in Epcot are Le Cellier and the San Angel Inn :tasty:

Natazu
09-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, the best restaurant at Epcot is a little exotic but kids tend to really like it, especially little girls. Marrakesh has wonderfull food, entertainment and free belly dancing lessons for the little ones.

gtpooh
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM
With the kids, I would say go with Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki), as the food is great (and at the end of the day, very basic) and the entertainment is fun. We also like Le Cellier, but I think Teppan Edo will be more of a hit with the kids! Have fun!

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-11-2007, 01:01 AM
In response to Disney_nut's comment about Le Cellier. A friend of mine lives in Orlando (her mother has worked for Disney for over 10 years) and used to love it. When we talked about it she said she had recently went and it wasn't up to par. That her entire family was extremely disappointed. The food just wasn't the same and didn't recommend going.