PDA

View Full Version : Winter weather

NY GOOFY
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Many of you have posted that January is a great time to go because the parks are pretty empty. I went once in mid-Jan. about 10 years ago and it was freezing!! The Palm trees at the hotel were wrapped in plastic with heaters inside to keep them alive. The kids could not enjoy the pool at all. It was around 55 during the day and into the 30's at night. Is this the norm for this time of year Or did we just hit a bad stretch?? Looking to hear from those of you who have been in Mid-Jan.

Strmchsr
09-07-2007, 03:46 PM
You hit a bad stretch, but I suggest you click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) you can see exact weather conditions by date for January for the last 4 years.

tink179
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I think you hit a bad streatch too! As you can see from my signature we always go in January and it's always been nice. 60's and 70's...sometimes 80's. I'm from Iowa, so 55 degrees would've still been warm to me. We left Iowa last year in below zero temps! :mickey: We have been able to swim every year that we've been there. Last year one of our free days it was upper 80's and we spend the entire afternoon at the pool. You may want to bring a few things just in case, sweatshirts, jacket, mittens, etc. You never know. We've never needed gloves or hats. Just jackets, and pants. You can beat the crowds in January. It's awesome!!!!:number1:

TINKERBELL_82
09-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I went in February of '06 and it got down in the 30's at night!!! :freeze:

So of course we decided to ride Splash Mountain that evening...:crazy:

:mickey:

SteveL
09-08-2007, 03:51 PM
You never know what you're going to get in the winter. We always check the 10 day forecast at weatherdotcom and pack accordingly.
Valentines Week in 2001 the weather was mid 80s. Other times DW bought those tiny stretch gloves in the parks.

faline
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Last year, we went in late January and hit a cold stretch - though not as cold as what you describe. Folks who arrived before we did kept telling us how beautiful it had been the week before - real shorts and swimming weather!