PDA

View Full Version : WL Deluxe Room

princessesmom
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm starting to plan for our February 2009 trip. In the past we have checked in the last day of value season to get a better rate. Obviously that won't work anymore since they now have daily pricing. In any event, our oldest two children will be in middle school then and I really can't take them out of school for more than a day. So my plans are to leave on Friday or Saturday and stay 7 or 8 nights of President's Weeks (my kids are off). We have always stayed at FW in a cabin in the past. I would love to try WL, since it is my favorate resort. We are a family of 6 (dd-13, dd-11, ds-7, dd-4), so we would need a deluxe room. It looks like it would be about double what we would pay at FW for a cabin. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much more. I didn't look into it, but maybe getting two rooms at WL would be less expensive??

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room there who could tell me what it is like? It is also listed as club level - what exactly does that mean? My parents will be staying at FW in their RV during this trip. Will it be a problem for them to come up to our room and visit us and/or come to the pool with us?

Any feedback would be appreciate!

TammiMcMan
09-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I didn't look into it, but maybe getting two rooms at WL would be less expensive??It's hard to predict 2009 rates, but based on current rates, two WL standard rooms will cost you the same as a deluxe.

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room there who could tell me what it is like?I'd be happy to send you a link to the layout of the room (never mind, I see that I sent it to you already). They're actually one of the nicer deluxe rooms onsite, as it does come with a separate bedroom. The bedroom has 2 queen beds and the living has a queen sleeper sofa.
It is also listed as club level - what exactly does that mean?Club level is Disney's version of concierge. Basically, you'll get the assistance of a pre-planning staff who can save you some time by consolidating all your requests into one spot. They'll call on your behalf for ADR's, entertainment, cruises, gifts, and any special requests you might have. When you arrive, club level check-in is done on a private floor, which also contains a lounge with snack and drink offerings throughout the day. Deluxe rooms are not located on the club level floor, but your room key will gain you access.
My parents will be staying at FW in their RV during this trip. Will it be a problem for them to come up to our room and visit us and/or come to the pool with us?They can come visit you at the resort, but technically the policy is the club level is reserved for only those guests registered in club rooms and the pool is also for hotel guests only. WL and FW do not share pools. If you want to ensure that you can all be together during down time, you may want to reconsider the FW Cabins. Otherwise, you need to speak with WL management when you arrive and they'll let you know what your parents can and cannot participate in.

princessesmom
09-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for all the information, Tammi.

I called Disney to see what the 2008 rates are so I would have some idea. The person I spoke with mentioned there was breakfast food in the lounge - not hot food but he said it was more than just donuts. Is it okay to get some items and bring them back to our room rather than eat in the lounge each morning? That would work much better for us, since we tend to have kids up at various times and eating at various times. It is a much more efficient approach, rather than us all getting ready and getting somewhere together to have breakfast.

TammiMcMan
09-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Breakfast runs from approximately 7am - 10:30am in the lounge. It's really more like a deluxe continental breakfast, with yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, cold cereal, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc. From 11am - 4pm, they have out snack items, such as bowls of gold fish, M & M's, pretzels, uncrustable PB & J sandwiches, soda, water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee & tea. From 5pm - 7pm, it's appetizers. Which can include a hot soup, bbq ribs, chicken wings, vegetable tray, cheese & crackers, wine, beer, soda, etc. From 8pm - 10pm, it's desserts and cordials (Baileys, Kaluha, etc).

There are tables that go around the balcony and overlook the lobby, or you can feel free to grab a tray and bring some items back to your room if that's easier.

princessesmom
09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks again, Tammi. That sounds like a great breakfast!

Do the deluxe rooms have good views? Is it possible to get a room with views of MK? That might make it worth spending some more money.

TammiMcMan
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Do the deluxe rooms have good views?Most of the deluxe rooms have a view of Bay Lake, which would be the nightly Electric Water Parade.
Is it possible to get a room with views of MK?No. There are a couple of standard view and woods view rooms that look towards the MK. There is really no such thing as an MK view though from the WL. At most, you could see some of the higher fireworks through a break in the trees.