PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy?

SandmanGStefani24
09-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, the Mrs doesn't have the same love for WDW that I do, and has given me the idea of going solo next trip to "get it out of my system". I am a little excited, but I seem to be much younger than most solo travelers, and I feel kinda weird. (mid 20s, no kids, just going for fun) It just seems like most people interested in WDW i talk to are much younger or much older. So, am I crazy for going to WDW solo at my age?

CaptainSad
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
No you are not crazy. I am going solo without the wife and kids in December. (16th-23rd) I have been down 26 times. There ain't no way I am going to get it out of my system. You won't either. Just think what you will be able to do with no one to slow you down. All the rides or shows you can do or watch over and over and over. You get my drift. When this trip is done I'll be going solo part time in April (20th-27th). The wife can only go a couple of day's. I will be down for the International Flower and Garden Festival on the 24th,25th,26th. My friends are doing the concerts those three day's (The Cowsills). They were a great group back in the 60's. I will be helping as a roadie.

So if you go enjoy the freedom. You will have a blast....

Rich

Goofeygal
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
No you are not crazy. I went solo and had a ball. You get to do, see and eat what you when you want. Have a great time and post a trip report when you return.:mickey::number1:

robyn221
09-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Oddly enough, I had a similar conversation with a friend this morning.

Granted, I am of an age when I fondly remember my mid-20s, but I firmly believe that you are never too old or too young to enjoy WDW, with or without a traveling companion. Going alone allows you to see the things you want to see, ride what you want, eat where you want -- and all of this when you want to do it. You could also invite a friend to travel with you -- make it a "guys' week(end)" to do all the thrill rides. And the ideal time to do this is now when you don't have kids.

Just my :twocents:.

Robyn:mickey:

Jasper
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
As long as a person is of legal age and as long as it is what works best for your particular family situation then I say go for it. Granted I prefer going to WDW with my family and all of us sharing in the fun I also know that sometimes it doesn't always work.

On a related topic, you mentioned that most of the people you know who are really into Disney are either much younger or much older than you. I suspect that there are more 20 year olds that love Disney than admit to it. Plus, as I am sure you have experienced, 20 year olds are so busy getting their adult lives started that they don't have a lot of extra time on their hands to think about Disney. Finally, 20 year olds often are out of the loop of going to WDW with their families and have college bills to pay or their first mortgages or whatever and just don't have the money to make WDW trips.

grumpyguy
09-07-2007, 03:44 PM
you're not crazy at all!!color me jealous.if your
trip doesn't spark a family dispute i say go for it
and have a ball...wow,i could never go by myself.the guilt i would get from my wife might not be worth the fun i had.you've got yourself a great gal for understanding the disney affliction:thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-07-2007, 11:21 PM
GO! Don't even think for one second that age makes any difference at all about going solo! As long as you're 'old enough' to travel and be alone. ;) You're not crazy BTW .... You'd be crazy if you DIDN"T go! :mickey:

I know I'll have a business trip next July that's most likely going to be in Orlando (this year it was held at the Dolphin!) and I fully intend on extending my trip for myself! I'm gonna stay a few extra days and try to get there a day early to do the parks solo! I can't wait! :cloud9: Yes I'll probably miss DH and DD ... but I can't wait to ride what I want and eat where I want with no one else having an opinon on where I should go! :thumbsup:

cheshirecollector
09-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I started going solo when I was in my 20's. It's my favorite way to go - no arguments about what to do or when. :thumbsup:

emerzmom
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
All the things people have already said are true. You can ride more rides, see more things, do what ever you want. But, it just wasn't the same. I have been twice to DL by myself. I didn't have all that great of a time. You might be different because you don't have kids yet but being at any Disney park with out family or friends was just not right. There was no one to say "Wow" to after a ride, show, fireworks. To me the best part of Disney is sharing it with someone.