PDA

View Full Version : Dining Recommendations

George_22
09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
My family and I are heading back in March. This is the first time we will be on the Dining Plan. I was wanting any recommendations for dining from any of ya'll out there. We will be traveling with one very picky child, but the rest of us are rather open to anything. My wife and I will be traveling with a 16, 13, and 9 year old. Our plans are to go to the following, but I am open to any other suggestions or recommendations.

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time
Grand Floridian Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern

What do ya'll think?:party:

Quasimodo
09-07-2007, 01:22 PM
There are many great restaurants at WDW, you will get lots of recommendations. I suggest you make ADRs for restaurants that are either in or near the park you plan on visiting that day.

Some of my favorites:
Ohana - Polynesian
Le Cellier - Epcot - Canada
Narcoossees - Grand Floridian
Garden Grill - Epcot - The Land
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club

KarenP
09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Your choices look good to me.

moe513
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
O hanas is a favorite and they will get the picky eater something off the regular menu like a grilled cheese. Crystal palace is also great.

Joy2theworld
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
We just went to Kona Cafe for the first time for dinner and it was fantastic!! Better than the meal we had at Le Cellier. They had a cute dessert for kids with ice cream and cotton candy too.

GrmGrninGost
09-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Great selections! :mickey: We also really like LeCellier and Coral Reef! Enjoy! You'll have a great time and great food! :thumbsup:

disneynarula
09-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I really like the Rainforest Cafe. I know it is a chain and really cheesy but I love the food.

Another favorite of mine is the tea at the Grand Floridian.

About the picky eater... I went to WDW with a friend of mine who is a very picky adult. The chefs were very good wherever we went. The were always able to make her something that she would eat even though it may not be on the menu. Don't let a picky eater steer you away from being more adventurous.

Natazu
09-10-2007, 03:12 AM
You have a lot of fun places and a lot of characters - not a lot of great food though. Nothing bad mind you, just nothing spectacular and there are a bunch of spectacular places to try at Disney. Give some thought to Kona Cafe, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Le Cellier, or Marrakesh.

Dining plan suggestion: If any of those character meals are breakfasts, to gain value, consider paying out of pocket and using your dining credits for more expensive dinners.

laprana
09-10-2007, 11:00 AM
You have some great selections already! I would agree with the posters who suggested O'hana - very, very good food, good atmosphere for families, and nothing too strange for picky eaters. I would also throw Boma into the mix...it might seem too exotic for a picky eater, but they have a lot of "regular" choices, especially for kids, like the standard chicken fingers and mac & cheese. Everything is great, and there is a big enough selection for everyone to find something they'll enjoy (especially the desserts!). You never know, your picky eater might surprise you and try something new there!

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Those sound good. I agree with everyone else about adding O'hana's. It is really good!