PDA

View Full Version : MUST do at Epcot for kids

Nekochan
09-07-2007, 07:52 AM
If you have the time while at Epcot, you really should go to the plastic works and UL testing lab area (it's in innoventions, not sure if it's east or west). In the plastic works, you get to design your own robot on a screen, and then run on a pad like crazy in a race against the other robots. then, at the end, you get to build your own plastic robot (it doesn't really work, just a souvenir). The UL testing lab lets kids try to smash a TV screen, open and close doors about a zillion times etc.

GREAT place to cool off and amuse yourself while you're waiting for your fastpass to test track or soarin'.

wedway fan
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
sounds exactly like something up my boys' alley- hope it's still there in april.

thanks for the heads up!

TwoTinyWings
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the tip! We'll definitely have to check this out on our next trip.

EmcDuckRN
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
According to a litle research on Innoventions, both of these are At innoventions East.

And are on our list to see on the next trip.

:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
This IS an awesome place!!! And, a fun souvie too!!!

Just a side story.....last year DS wanted to do this and when we walked into the queue the CM said it would be a while, they just took a group in.....he said it would be about 20 minutes (which is pretty accurate) and I told DS we did not really have 20 minutes to wait and then another 20 to go thru, so we would have to do it next trip. As we were walking away he started to cry and sob about not making a robot this trip, which we already had the day before! Anyway, by the Kidcot station a CM stops DS and asks him what is wrong......DS goes into detail about how we have to leave and he wanted to make a robot.....Jason, the CM said "wait here one minute I'll be right back!".....he races away in and in about three minutes he returns with a gift shop bag (the big GIANT ones) filled with robot parts for DS to take home with him "to make your own army at home!!"......so we now have an entire supply of robot parts!! DS did take a bunch of them to preschool for the other kids to play with (enough for 10 complete robots!).

So, the robot race is something we do each and every time we go to Epcot......and go past the Innoventions building......I try to sway him in the other direction, but he knows where the buidling is!!