PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions about Epcot

cal5755
09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I have seen some threads here about passports for purchase that you have signed in the countries. Can anyone explain this more and tell me how much/ where to purchase them?

Also we tried making ADR's for Le Cellier because everyone here talks so highly of it, unfortunately I only found intercot last week so of course they are booked!! I have one night with no ADRs, it is wed. and we plan on spending the day in AK and heading to Epcot at night... any other suggestions for TS dinner? We are flexible and will consider other parks or DTD too. I just know we do not want to dine in AK.
Thanks guys!! I am really glad I found this site... I have found some great trips and ideas!! We arrive in Disney in 8 days!!!

illini
09-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Cheryl,
The passports are for kids to keep them more content while touring WS. My kids like it anyway, so I've never bothered and can't tell you more than that. I'm sure someone will be along to help out more.

For dining, I'd look into Marrakesh. It gets good reviews for the most part and is often overlooked. Your odds are better of snagging an ADR there than probably anywhere else in WS.

I hope you find something!

cal5755
09-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Thank you Julie!! I will definately have DH and DM look at that menu.... the were drooling over Le Cellier!! I just want to try something new. We always do Captn Jacks twice and with all the dining experiences I thought we should try something different. Thanks again I appreciate the input!!

katzctkpt
09-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Can't answer the passport questions kids are ok with Epcot and never had to keep them interested. We love Japanese food and this past June it was closed for refurb so we didn't get to eat there. I think it's open now have you thought about trying it?

WDW Dreamer
09-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Yachtsman Steakhouse is very good, though it is not in EPCOT, it is right nearby at the Yacht and Beach Club resort. Just take the International Gateway exit at EPCOT and it's a 5 minute walk. It has great food and may be less crowded. :tasty:

Tinkerkel
09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Our DD9 loves EPCOT & says it's her favorite park. We have always done the passport, she loves visiting each country & talking to the cast members at the Kidcot Stops. I think what she enjoys most about the passport is that most of the CMs will write, "hello, welcome to..." or some other message in their language. I think you can buy them anywhere in the World Showcase, but we usually buy ours at the shop in Showcase Plaza ($10?).One year instead of buying a passport, she made one at home before our trip. She bought a scrapbook & decorated it with drawings & stickers specific to each country. The CMs all made a big fuss over it & she felt really special. Another thing she loves to do is decorate a mask at the Kidcot Stop & have a new charm added at each Stop.

jwallace378
09-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree wit WDW Dreamer. Go with Yachtsman Steakhouse and Y&BC. Also, you could go with San Angel over in Mexico.

TINKERBELL_82
09-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Biergarten myself! It's a buffet, and they have a German band and a dance floor for the kiddies.

Let us know what you decide on!!

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
My DH & I bought our passport in the Norway showcase giftshop. It was about $10. We went around to all the Kidstops and had it signed and it was a great keepsake. I have in my scrapbook.
As for a TS I suggest Biergarten also. Good food and entertainment. :beer:

cal5755
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for all the input!! I have made a list of all suggested restaurants and will go over them with DH and DM and hopefully convince them to go to a new place!

I also can not wait to do the passports with the kids... it will make a great show and tell after the trip!!

Aggie97
09-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Also keep trying for Le Cellier, even after you are at WDW -- cancellations happen all the time. We had great luck doing this last Christmas. And just yesterday, I called at 3:00 for a Le Cellier Candlelight Processional dinner package and found no availability; I called back at 8:00 to try for a different restaurant and Le Cellier was available! Good luck, and have an awesome trip! :mickey: