PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Wedding Proposals

bellerose
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I have a friend who is going to WDW in October and is planning on proposing to his girlfriend. He has made reservations at Cinderella's Table and he told me they have some sort of proposal package. He called a number that they gave him but no one has called him back yet. Does anyone have any information about this? Also, does anyone know about other restaurants that do something special for proposals? I recently ate at the California Grill and told him about it but he wants something fancy. Any help? Thanks alot!!!

EpcotChic23
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Back in 03 my now husband proposed to me in Epcot. When he called Disney to discuss special proposal/engagment packages they were NOT helpful. The cast member info my then boyfriend since he is not checked in his WDW resort yet they could not help him. Even though we did have a rez in the Contemporary in like 5 days. He called again and spoke to another cast member and they acted like they did not even know what he was talking about. Long story short....too late, my husband just got down on one knee in front of the fountain in Epcot when we were getting our picture taken. It was still special and we have pictures of the actual proposal. I hope now that it is years later they will help your friend out more then my husband.

mickey&missy
09-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Maybe he should call CRT directly. I'm not 100% sure where to get the number. But, when I called before our last trip to order DS's birthday cake they had me call Chef Mickey's directly and speak to a CM there. If he call's WDW-DINE they maybe able to help him.

Minniemouse27
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
My now dh gave me my ring at WDW and I was THRILLED that he did NOT give it to me at Cinderella's Royal Table. I'm not into being the center of attention and dh knew that... I really wouldn't have enjoyed a CRT engagment with everyone staring at us.

We did have dinner there later that evening and THREE other engagements occurred during our meal.

Dh gave me a penny to make a wish at Cinderella's fountain (it is on the walkway between the castle and Tomorrowland near Belle's garden) and after I made my wish I turned around to him on his knee w/ my ring. He asked me if that was what I had wished for.

Congratulations and good luck to your friend.

angedeaile
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Awww....some great stories here. Well besides the whole run around EpcotChic23's DH got.

As mickey&missy mentioned, calling CRT directly might be a bit more helpful. You would need to do that either way to make sure they are informed of the special occasion and things would go smoothly.

I read somewhere that they can have the ring served with a magic slipper dessert. That is such a cute idea.

Although, I am all for the secluded romantic experience that Minniemouse27 had.

I read from another site this amazing proposal that was done in the Rose Garden outside of the Castle right before Wishes. A private cruise on Bay Lake to view Wishes sounds like another romantic way to propose.

Whatever he decides to do, let us know! I love to read about these things. :cloud9:

bellerose
09-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow, thanks for all the answers. I spoke to my friend today and he said that they finally called back and he got told that they don't do it anymore. So he called his travel agent and she made some calls and found out that they would do it for him. So I'm not sure what is actually going to happen....I hope it's not ruined for him.

The chocolate slipper is true because he said that was part of the package. Plus they present the ring on a bed of roses and you get pictures and such. Seems like alot of trouble...I like the penny in the fountain idea. Does your DH have a brother? :rotfl: Just kidding! I'll let you know what happens.

mickey&missy
09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Dh gave me a penny to make a wish at Cinderella's fountain (it is on the walkway between the castle and Tomorrowland near Belle's garden) and after I made my wish I turned around to him on his knee w/ my ring. He asked me if that was what I had wished for.

OMG! Thats sooooooo sweet!

I just thought of 2 things, We saw a couple get engaged in the middle of Main Street at the end of Wishes. Its was very sweet and the guy had gotten a photopass photographer to stand there and take photos while he popped the question! There was an Intercot member within the past year that asked his girlfriend on a fireworks cruise.

No matter what its gonna be magical!

Stan
09-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Now I have to tell DS27's story. He proposed to DDIL on the dock behind GF on New Year's Eve while they were watching the midnight MK fireworks. DDIL didn't know what was going on so she was trying to hurry them back inside (it was cold), but DS got down on his knee. Some of the folks around them figured out what was going on so before long there was an audience (clapping and cheering). DW & I knew about this ahead of time and of course we could not wait for the "trip report".

Now DGD2 (photo) (http://flmemories.com/files/images/WebZ_46P.html) would rather be at WDW (in line to see Mickey or one of his friends :rolleyes:) than just about anywhere else. And I'm sure that DGD's brother or sister due next spring will be the same. ;)

Now... what year did they get engaged? ... they were married in June 2001, and as I recall they were engaged over a year... so that would make it 12/31/1999 or 1/1/2000. If I got it wrong I'll correct it later. :secret:

Minniemouse27
09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I like the penny in the fountain idea. Does your DH have a brother? :rotfl: Just kidding! I'll let you know what happens.

Yes he does and he is NOTHING like him. So you definitely shouldn't be interested!

bellerose
09-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes he does and he is NOTHING like him. So you definitely shouldn't be interested!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: