PDA

View Full Version : Busy In Jan??

AlvyOT08
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wondering how busy Disney will be during the marathon weekend. My BFF and I are going to be in Disney from Jan 6-13, so were hitting the marathon at the end of the trip. Do mostly just the hotels fill up or do many of the poeple who run the marathon come to the park then as well. Thanks for the tips.

:mickey:

Samtastic
09-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey, I'll see you there with my DBF! I'm going the 7-15. We went last year in the week between the marathon and MLK and it definately got busier towards MLK but nothing extreme. Never waited more than 20 minutes (and it was only once for Dumbo- yea we're big kids). Anyway, we figured this year, going before the marathon is a smart idea. I mean, who would go party and run around the parks eating gloriously bad for you food and then run 25 miles??? That doesn't sound like fun to me. I figured most marathoners would vacation post run, not before. Since last year MLK fell earlier it will be approx the same dates. The decorations were still up, but not light :( But it wasn't too crowded at all.

MouseHead
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Would someone please post the exact dates of the marathon :walk::thanks:

Pipalotta
09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
The half marathon is Saturday the 12 and then the full marathon is on Sunday the 13. We will be there the 6 - 12 yay! So we are hoping that most people with be there after the marathon not before it. But even so, there is no way it will be like the height of summer you know?

SAHDad
09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
A lot of people will arrive probably Wed (1/9) or Thurs (1/10), in order to get over jet lag and to pick up the race packet & chip at the Expo. But, I doubt many of them will be running around the parks too terribly much; we went in 2007 for that weekend (with 4 of us running the half), and the lines were still pretty light.

Anyplace that serves pasta gets pretty crowded on Fri and Saturday nights though - we runners have to do all that carbo-loading.