PDA

View Full Version : No ROOMS left!

florida girl
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow,
I just called to book a 3-4 night stay in the middle of November in a studio. My dates were a little flexible and I was told there were NO studios with more than one night in a row available until after Dec 14th!!! This is our first year with DVC and I didn't expect to get my first choice of resort necissairly with my dates being only 2 months away, but I did expect to have something available! She told me the only thing available the first night I asked for was the Grand VIlla at AKL! We waitlisted for 3 different resorts, so hopefully something will come up, but I was just a little surprised and wondered if others were having this trouble getting a room?

Horizon93
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
This close, it is believeable. But your wait list could come through.

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Frustrating to say the least...

November and December have always been popular with DVC accomodations, but lately it seems to become "all the rage!!!"

Check out this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114828). :(

MsMin
09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I know how much trouble some of us have had with our October dates. I changed my dates and added 2 days- I had to waitlist one of them and I just got word on Saturday :pixie: for you vacation plans. I hope something comes through for you.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 07:15 PM
What are my chances of getting a room in March 2008???

MinnieMommie
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
What are my chances of getting a room in March 2008???

With the luck you've been having? Sorry - only kidding. It would depend on the week. :mickey:

DVC2004
09-06-2007, 08:19 PM
MArch 2008- call soon. It's six months out. You should be fine. Right now though I can totally understand why there's nothing available for Oct, Nov, or December. Members have booked these rooms at thier 11 and 7 month booking windows. However, reservations cancel/plans change and sometimes Disney opens up more rooms so there is a good chance you'll get what you want. These three months are among the most popular- use less points and there's alot going on at the World. If you want to go at that time again nxt year try to plan as far in advance as possible. Last year though I was able to get in for a long weekend at SSR with only two weeks notice- so it can happen.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 10:30 PM
With the luck you've been having? Sorry - only kidding. It would depend on the week. :mickey:

Thanks for the laugh... With my luck, I won't get a room until 2020... LOL

MinnieMommie
09-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the laugh... With my luck, I won't get a room until 2020... LOL

Easter is March 23rd in '08. That will be a busy week. My kids have gone down for their spring break and it was crowded (not mobed) then as well (but they did get a DVC room). As soon as you are able try to book your room. And I am glad you still have your sense of humor. :mickey:

Ian
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm not surprised at all. I made my ressies for December (9th - 14th) way back in May and even then there were no studios available anywhere.

It didn't bother us, because we wanted a 1BR anyway, but still ... 7 months out and I couldn't get one.

DizneyFreak2002
09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Easter is March 23rd in '08. That will be a busy week. My kids have gone down for their spring break and it was crowded (not mobed) then as well (but they did get a DVC room). As soon as you are able try to book your room. And I am glad you still have your sense of humor. :mickey:
I will never lose my sense of humor... That will be with me until the day I die....