PDA

View Full Version : Best monorial resort for marathon?

Disney Marathon
09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Which deluxe resort is most convenient for marathon runners?

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Since it now starts and ends in the EPCOT parking lot, I've got to go with the Poly for the Monorail convenience.

But note: No monorails can bring you TO the start. It's too early. You'll have to take a bus to get to the starting line.

Afterwards, any monorail resort would work fine, but Poly is closest for a direct link (if you walk from TTC).

OogieBoogieMan
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I have run the marathon 6 times and will be doing Goofy this year again. In my opinion one of the best options is to drive. You don't have to leave any earlier in the morning, 3:30 or so should do it. You will get to the parking lot in short order and then can rest in the car. I don't know if you have done this race previously but while the race itself is great, hanging out in the parking lot for two hours waiting for it to start isn't my idea of fun, especially if there is rain or it is cold. I bring some coffee, and a light snack and take a nap, leaving the car about 30 minutes before the start.
Just a suggestion, some people like the atmosphere, but I would rather get some extra rest before heading out for 26 miles.....

TheRustyScupper
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
1) They start runing buses about 2:00am.
2) The buses drop you right at the signup area.
3) This might be the best choice.

A Big Kid
09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Welllllllllll, since you'll be starting the marathon, I presum you'' be finishing too.

Sooooooooooooo, there is more to consider than just getting to the start. YOu gotta consider getting back to your hotel from the finish. Being that the case, I would suggest the Poly. Just rememberm walking down the ramps at the TTC can wreak havoc on the thighs!

Donald
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
One with a spa!! Good luck on the marathon!:mickey: