PDA

View Full Version : Sun. & Mon. after Thanksgiving crowds?

Aggie97
09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
How busy are the parks on the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving? I'm thinking of doing Epcot and AK on those days and was curious as to when the crowds start to go down (as people head home from the holiday weekend). Thanks for your help!! :mickey:

KAJUNKING
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
i have a friend who goes every year, the week after thanksgiving and he tells me theres never a crowd, good luck:mickey:

wedway76
09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
We have gone several times during Thanksgiving. The Sunday after isn’t too bad, the crowds are a lot smaller than Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Monday after Thanksgiving isn’t too crowded at all. We usually catch a flight Tuesday night, and spend the entire day in a VERY quiet MK.

FriendsofMickey
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
This will be our first time in WDW during that time; however, from everyone I have talked to, the crowds really thin starting Sunday.
:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
We've gone several times during this time frame. It used to be the parks were empty by Monday. However, that is no longer the case. Every year we've gone back I've noticed the crowds are larger than the previous year. Certainly they won't be the same size as the week previous, but don't expect a lot of walk-on rides anymore either as this week has grown to be very popular due to the various tour books advertising it as the least crowded time of the year (not anymore!). By Monday the Thanksgiving crowd is mostly gone, but a whole new crowd has arrived, so just go expecting moderate crowds, not heavy, use fastpass and you'll be fine.

SorcererJim
09-06-2007, 09:46 PM
We'll be going that week as well! It should be noted that this is the first week of the "value" season before the Christmas season hits. That was one of the reasons we picked it and I have to imagine there are others out there just like us!

See you all there!

mickeymousedabomb
09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
We'll be there the day before :turkey: and leave on Dec 1st. We thought about going this season instead of the summer like we've done in the past. Getting the upgrade from Pop to CBR was a great surprise and to save $5 on top was a treat. We are going with no expectations about the crowds really. I just can't wait to see everything decorated for the XMas season!! See you there!!:mickey:

mousetrapper
09-07-2007, 11:00 AM
This will be our first trip to WDW during Thanksgiving week. We're hoping the crowds won't be too unbearable before T Day. We're also trying to do MK before Thursday, since I've heard MK is the most crowded park Th - Sat that week.

I'm just happy to go to WDW! We're preparing ourselves for bigger crowds and hope we don't let that bring us down.

JMTStone
09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
We will also be there 11/21 - 11/27. I'll miss the turkey (We have ADR at Coral Reef for thanksgiving night), but I'm hoping for a good time.

We try to take time off around the holidays because our 14 year old's school doesn't understand taking her out for many days during the school year :confused: and my health can't handle summer in Orlando weather.

I plan on staying away from MK on Thanksgiving day and the day after and doing the other parks on those days.

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
We will be arriving at WDW on 11/22. We have been to WDW around Thanksgiving and do find that the crowds are a lot less after Sunday. We will not be leaving to go home until 12/1 so we will have the whole week in the parks.
:mickey:

SueQ
09-07-2007, 12:41 PM
The past couple time I went I would arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I've never had any real big problems with the crowds. But they die down on Sunday of that weekend. The rest of the week is great!!!