PDA

View Full Version : I can just cry!!!!!!!! We had to Cancel our Trip!

lebo
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
:(Well, this is the last thing that I thought I would have to do, but I don't think I had a choice. We were planning to go to WDW on Nov 30. And about 1 month ago, my husband torn his rotator cuff. He hasn't been working since. He is getting disability, but not even 50% of what he usually gets. So now we are starting to get the bills piling up, and not sure if we can swing the trip.

I don't know what we'll do yet, cause I got the plane tickets, and I don't want to lose that money. I'm thinking that maybe at the last monment, if we decide to go, that we'll be able to get room only, and just by tickets at the Disney Store.

We were actually planning on taking my mom this year, she has never been there before. I still have yet to tell her the bad news.

Dedivah
09-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I am so sorry. I will pray that things will get better with your DH and family real soon.

DisneyDudet
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I know this must have been a horrible decision for you. Hopefully DH can get better soon and you can swing your trip. Here's some :pixie: for your DH and for the situation.

SueQ
09-06-2007, 03:33 PM
So sorry to hear that you may not be able to go. Hope things work out and you end up going. Sound like you could use a visit to the "Happiest Place On Earth".

threeh
09-06-2007, 03:38 PM
:grouphug:Oh, gosh. So sorry for you!!:(

Here's some pixie dust. I hope everything works out allright for you!!!:pixie:

Tinkitude
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Things will work out in the end. I find just when things look like there is no hope, something always comes up to get us through. Hang in there. We're all thinking about you.:mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I am so sorry that had to happen -- it is so hard when unexpected things like that come up, and you have to make some tough decisions b/c of it!! Sending prayers and :pixie: your way that your DH's shoulder will get better, and that you might be able to find a way to swing the trip!!

SandmanGStefani24
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I can definately feel your pain! I've had to cancel 2 DW trips before. It really does (stink) to have to postpone something like that, but just know that it will be worth the wait, and there is always a silver lining somewhere. My last cancelled trip would have had me miss about 8 attractions (including my fave ride!) if I had actually gone. Now my new trip has me missing little more than the big crowds! Best of all, you're in the right place for support. Intercot friends were very supportive when I had to cancel my last trip. :number1:

Darbylew
09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
So sorry to hear that you had to cancel your
trip. Hope your DH will get better real soon. I
know how you must feel as I know I would feel
the same way. :(

robyn221
09-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I am terribly sorry about your husband's injury and your missed trip. Here's hoping that things will all work themselves out for the better for both of you (and you get your trip!)!

Robyn:mickey:

LoriMistress
09-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear. I quite understand. I had plan several trips before and had to cancel a few of them. Actually, from 2004 to 2006 we had canceled two WDW trips and one DLR trip. You never know what may come, and if not, you can always plan a 2008 trip! Your DH may feel better by then.

sainter
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh so sorry!! I would want to cry too! Do what needs to be done to get your DH better and back to work. Some pixie dust to you that you can plan another trip soon!!:magic:

MinnieMommie
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I am sorry to hear about your husband's injury. My husband had rotator cuff surgery and I understand that the recovery process can be challenging. I hope things work out so that you will be able to keep your plans after all. Please let us know how things work out.

Pixie dust to you and your family.

:pixie:

faline
09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your husband's injury and your trip.

I hope he recovers soon and you can begin planning again!

disneymom2000
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
How many of there are you? Were you planning on staying on property at a specific resort? Had you already made your reservations? How often have you been to Disney? Would it have been your first trip around Christmas? Sorry for all the questions, but I didn't know if you had thought of staying at the Values and find a plan that isn't too expensive.

vizsla
09-07-2007, 05:40 AM
So Sorry to hear that you may have to cancel your trip. Hopefully everything will work out so you will still be able to make the trip.

merlinmagic4
09-07-2007, 06:00 AM
I'm sorry about your trip. Like you said, you can hold out and see if things get better. You never know! Hope your husband is better really soon.

pugslave
09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. We had a similar $$ situation a while ago, and our trip was in jeopardy. What we ended up doing was shortening our trip to 5 days, stayed at Pop, and bought 3-day passes. Two days of our trip we spent in the pool, visiting other hotels (especially AKL), and relaxing. The entire trip for our family of 3 was around $1200. We also had a garage sale and sold some stuff on Ebay to make some additional money. Best of luck to your family.

mickey&missy
09-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm so sorry!!! I hope everything works out and DH gets better soon!

DisneyOtaku
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear about that. :pixie: I hope that everything works out in the end and that your husband makes a quick recovery.

mrsgaribaldi
09-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope things look up and you get to go. Here's some :pixie::pixie::pixie:for his speedy recovery and an improvement in your finances:mickey:

WDW Dreamer
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I hope your husband is better soon. Is it possible for you to take the vacation a little later? Many airlines charge a fee for cancelling or rescheduling, but rarely do you lose the whole amount. Check with your airline to see what their policy is. November is still a few months away and things can always change before then. If worse comes to worse, don't think of it as cancelling a trip, just reschedule it. Good luck and I hope things work out for you all. :hug:

amd780
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. Sending lots of :pixie: to your husband for a quick and smooth recovery, and prayers for you both. :angel:

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I hope your husband heals quickly and you can make your trip. Whenever you are able to go though, the park will still be there and you will have just as much fun not worrying about finances.:hug:

Tink#64
09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
That's so sad. I hope things work out for you. I did like "pugslave"'s ideas on salvaging your trip! Those were great ideas! It's exactly what we're doing. MY DH is in the same boat. He just had hand surgery & he isn't even getting disability! But we're not trying to go back to WDW until next year. I'm hoping we won't get so far behind & go through all of our savings before then! I figure where there's a will there's a way! If you can't go now, see if you can sell your airline tix so you won't lose that money! Then plan another trip just as soon as you can! Pixie dust to you that things will work out & get better soon!:pixie: