PDA

View Full Version : penguins at animal kingdom

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I am obsessed with pengunis!! Wouldn't a indoor artic penguin encounter be an awesome addition?? Although I guess it would be too much like sea world!! I want penguins without having to leave the world!!! anyone else think this would be great??

angedeaile
09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
It seems like Africa and Asia are the main focus....perhaps they should add on a section dedicated to the often forgotten continent, Antarctica?

They could do so much with that...like an indoor artic penguin encounter among other things. The ideas are endless!

I can already think of a few ideas for attractions, like a bobsled type ride...with the fake ice, restraints and such for safety.

A pavilion all about what researches do out there, like observing wildlife and conservation....even throw in an educational message about how our pollution here effects wildlife there.

If I ran Disney....sigh :cloud9: But yeah, penguins would be nice.

Goofeygal
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
My son loves penguines. LOL that would rock.:mickey::thumbsup:

Darbylew
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I wish they would have penguines. They are so cute. :penguin::penguin:

DNS
09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
It seems like Africa and Asia are the main focus....perhaps they should add on a section dedicated to the often forgotten continent, Antarctica?

They could do so much with that...like an indoor artic penguin encounter among other things. The ideas are endless!

I can already think of a few ideas for attractions, like a bobsled type ride...with the fake ice, restraints and such for safety.

A pavilion all about what researches do out there, like observing wildlife and conservation....even throw in an educational message about how our pollution here effects wildlife there.

What terrific ideas!

TinkerbellFan16
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

i couldnt have said it better myself!!! i love those little guys. that would be awesome!!

IloveDisney71
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I think penguins would be a great addition. I love angedeaile's ideas.

Magic Smiles
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I could easily become obsessed about penguins. I can watch them for hours and hours. They are amazing animals and there would be so many attractions that could be built around they penguin theme.
ANGEDEAILE has many great ideas. Maybe we can hope Disney will read this thread and take note.

TheRustyScupper
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
1) It would be cute.
2) But, since Sea World has them, I doubt WDW would add them.

tarjaybuff
09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
So, if we want penguins why not theme the building toward Mary Poppins. There could be a ride (similar to Nemo and friends). At the end there could be a character meet and greet with Penguins.:thumbsup:

K8screen
09-09-2007, 10:45 AM
And wouldnt a penguin exhibit be lovely and COOLLLL in a long hot AK day?

MNNHFLTX
09-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree--penguins are cute and angedeaile presented some good ideas. But I have to admit that I always feel bad for animals having to live in a controlled environment all thetime. This is even true at Seaworld. Even though I enjoy seeing the penguins and polar bears, it seems a shame that they have to spend their entire lives inside a building. One of the things I appreciate about Animal Kingdom is that the animals there are ones that are accustomed to the hot weather and so can live outside in a similar environment to the one they would have lived in in the wild.

On that note, I think an Australian-themed area would be very appropriate for Animal Kingdom. Think how much fun it would be to see kangaroos and koala bears! :)

Septbride2002
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Ooohhhh - I love everyone's ideas. :)

~Amanda