PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Moms Panel Forum to Launch 1/08

Pages : [1] 2

Figment!
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Walt Disney World momspanel

Disney.com Announcement
9/6/07

Have you and your family experienced Walt Disney World® Resort? Are you a self-proclaimed expert on all there is to see and do? Well, if so, then we'd like to hear from you!

We are currently looking for 10-12 individuals to become part of an exciting new online forum set to debut in January 2008. This new team will be invited to share views of their own Walt Disney World® vacation experiences, as they answer questions and provide advice to families planning a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort.

----------------------------

With more than 20 Resort hotels, four Theme Parks, two Water Parks, shopping, dining, entertainment and more, Walt Disney World® Resort can leave some visitors feeling a bit overwhelmed.

That's why we're creating the Walt Disney World Moms Panel, a new online forum of vacation advisors made up of everyday people who will answer questions, offer advice and address specific concerns of families in the process of planning a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort.

And that's where you come in.

Whether it's when to visit Walt Disney World® Resort or what to see once you get here, we know you make most of the vacation decisions for your family. You do it all — and stay on top of your family's daily "to do's" to boot! Currently, we're recruiting 10-12 individuals for this new panel of vacation advisors. If you would like to be considered for this special online opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.

The deadline for all submissions is October 5, 2007!

Participants must:

* Be 18 years of age or older.
* Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
* Be familiar with Walt Disney World® Resort and have visited at least once in the last 12 months.
* Be fluent in the English language.
* Complete at least eight written responses per week.
* Provide your opinions and feedback.
* Submit an autobiography and personal photo to be posted online.
* Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 8-12, 2007.
* Be willing to participate for a minimum of 6 months.
* Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity (other than The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries) which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida.

Persons who are selected as panelists will receive a complimentary trip to Walt Disney World® Resort in preparation for this exciting program.

Ian
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Interesting ... I wonder why Moms only and no Dads?

goofysbabe
09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Figment,

Thanks so much for the info. This comes close to my dream job. I would love to work at WDW as a greeter and help people with what to see and where to eat. Only hitch my dh says Orlando is no place to raise children and I know deep down in my heart he's right. I also beleive that if you live close enough and your children are able to go whenever they want it loses some of the magic. Anywho THANKS!!!

Jenemmy
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh my gosh, it's like they just said "Hey, Jen - I got a job you might like...." LOL. Love it!! Thanks for the info.....

krose78
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I just submitted my entry. Why not? With everything I have learned here and from my own travels this could be really cool.

valjane
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Okay, so it's called the "moms panel," but I don't see anything in the description saying you actually have to be a mom.

:confused:

krose78
09-06-2007, 03:27 PM
The only thing I didn't like was the requirement that you have to have gone in the last 12 months. I went in June of '06 but because of scheduling we couldn't go until December '07. I didn't see that till after I signed up.

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Interesting ... I wonder why Moms only and no Dads?

1) Because Mom's do most of the WDW planning.
2) So, it's good marketing to have a Mom answer a Mom.

Figment!
09-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, so it's called the "moms panel," but I don't see anything in the description saying you actually have to be a mom.There isn't.

There's some equal opportunity fine print included:

It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.

murphy1
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Woohoo!! Just sent my app, I have a great feeling about it :thumbsup:

Would love that trip for almost a week!!

murphy1
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Ian, do it, you would be great on it!

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 04:52 PM
:mickey: Thanks for the info, Jason!

glenpreece
09-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I am seriously offended that this i just for "Moms" :mad::mad::mad: Not jst because I am a guy but because it seems that this is only good if you are a parent.

crazykids
09-06-2007, 06:56 PM
sent my application in today :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
The only thing I didn't like was the requirement that you have to have gone in the last 12 months. I went in June of '06 but because of scheduling we couldn't go until December '07. I didn't see that till after I signed up.
Me too! I thought this sounded great and then I got to that requirement and stopped reading. I also went in June of '06 but haven't been able to get back :(. Oh well!

Patricia
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
In case anyone misunderstood, you don't have to live in Orlando to be a part of the momspanel. It's all online.

Applications are being accepted until October 5th or until they reach 5000. It also states that you will only be notified if your considered for round two of the selection process.

Good Luck everyone! :mickey:

Flower
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I just put mine in!

I noticed there is a fine print disclaimer at the bottom of the application that they are not bias on male/female, etc,etc,etc - so guys - give it a go!

Here it is: It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.

Sorry - I just noticed Jason had already put the disclaimer in his post. :blush:

valjane
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, I put in an application, even though I'm not a mom yet. I'm not too sure I'd be able to get off work for the December trip, but I figure I'll cross that bridg when I come to it. ;)

Christine
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
This is very interesting.

I got asked several months ago to join the Disney Screening Room. It is 300 moms who are polled, surveyed, etc, about Disney movies. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, and they have sent us many little perks here and there! :thumbsup:

But that was by invitation...not application. How they picked me to invite, I don't know!

jonah'smom
09-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I just sent in my application, but only after did I read the requirements. It says you have to be available to go Dec 8-12, but I'm already going the 14-20. Hmmm, guess if I get picked, I'll worry about that later.

kakn7294
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks Jason! I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it! I'd love to see Intercotees win since this is the best Disney site on the web! I've submitted my application. Good luck to all who enter!

JCDarzi
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I just put my application in. I wonder what the criteria is going to be for selection? Any ideas?

murphy1
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I just put my application in. I wonder what the criteria is going to be for selection? Any ideas?

I uesd to be in marketing and when we did panel-type boards or surveys, we would get a cross-section of people. So I imagine this will be like that, with all types of moms across the board, stay home mom with little kids, mom with teens, single mom, mom with huge family, this is why I think they will probably throw a dad in there, too, so if you show interest, you could be the dad picked. It's kind of like the Fan's Guide to Disney that the travel show had on last year, four types of people on their Disney vacation. It's kind of weird how they said 10-12, I wonder why it's not a cut and dry number?? I guess they pick a couple alternates in case people don't take the end offer.

I have to say it's nice that we moms are getting recognized!

the real Alice
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I wonder if Dec 8 - 12 is the free trip you win or if that is just a training session in addition to the free trip? If it were that would be fantastic!!

I put in my application. Here's hoping!

Red Randal
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
They're coming for us! Disney is waging war on Intercot!! They want to steal our readership!!!

Okay, I'm kidding.

I'm actually a little miffed about this whole thing. Why does it even have to be parents? Why can't it just be the Disney Fans Panel or something along those lines. I seem to fit the criteria they are looking for (along with quite a few other people on these boards, some much moreso than myself.) Yet I don't know if I really want to be a part of something called the Disney Moms Panel. I'm a 22 year old male. It sounds ridiculous.

I suppose if their intention is to only address questions like "is Space Mountain too scary for my 8-year-old" or "should I let my 12-year-old bring a friend" then it would not make sense to open it to non-parents (though we seem to do a pretty good job here.)

Why would Disney want to LIMIT the kind of "experts" they get? Why would Disney want to discourage non-parents from looking to them for advice. Everyone is a customer. Why would Disney go out of their way to NOT service important cross-sections of their fanbase? (I'm thinking spring breakers and senior citizens in particular.)

And you just know they're going to get sued. I know they have fine print in there, but the basic language is discriminatory and someone is going to be way more offended than I am confused.

Very, very weird thing from a company that's usually fairly conscious of this sort of thing.

sainter
09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I am not really understanding the concern about discrimination? Private companies can hire based on what they have identified as their particular "need". For example, I am not likely to get a job as a waitress at Hooters or to work retail at some of the hottest teen/young adult clothing stores. No expert here, but this isn't even a paid job anyway!

Catzle
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone else not get it to work. It says I have too many words when I go to submit, yet at the bottom it says I have words left to use. I just can't get it to work?

divinedi
09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, I just applied, don't know what my chances are, living in Canada, but it was worth a try. The ad does say 'we are looking for 10-12individuals', not specifically Mom's, even though it is called "Mom's Panel". I would go for it for those gentlemen that are interested!!!

Good luck everybody who entered! :number1:

mjaclyn
09-07-2007, 09:05 PM
DH and I are going to WDW in 7 days - do you think that counts as our trip within the last 12 months? The last trip before that was Jan. 2006 so that one wouldn't count...

thejens
09-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Anyone who is not a Mom may not fully appreciate how few perks are offered to us compared to the demands! You can't imagine the longing we sometimes feel after standing in line for Dumbo AGAIN to be free to do all the mountains. Non-Moms can get a spa treatment or have a beer in Epcot while the Moms wait in line for Tigger's autograph only to find her toddler is terrified. The child-free can enjoy the California Grill without tantrums, spilled wine, and sleeping children on their laps. I could go on and on, but hey, I let me just say that if there is a perk offered to Moms only, they deserve it!!! (I am sure somewhere there is a Dad who works full time, changes diapers all night, does half of the household chores and knows all his kids character preferences and he should also be on this panel.)

PrincessEmmasMommy
09-08-2007, 09:03 AM
I too applied, but my question is what is considered immediate family? I figure spouse, parents, siblings, and children right? My brother in law works for Team Disney. Does that count me out?
Thanks!
Jen

amd780
09-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I called my Mom this afternoon--she would be a great candidate! :mickey:

Thanks for the info, Jason! :thumbsup:

DNS
09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
It makes me think they are looking specifically to help parents plan for/with their kids. Not all people. I think the experience is much different going with kids than without. Not better or worse, just different. Especially those with smaller children. We tend to go in spring and fall and we always see tons of couples without kids. Maybe they will add other panels later.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I just put in my application too. :thumbsup:

tomorrowschild
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I am going to apply, even though I have not gone with Chloe yet (a few more months- yeah March). But, I want my mom to apply so bad. She would be awsome! So many trips and have taken children every year since my DB was 6 and I was (she has a tone of experince), but she is concerned about the December trip thing, work and all. I am going to keep on her anyway, I hope she does enter.:mickey:

Lily
09-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I applied this morning! I'm so excited about this. I told my boss just today that I just may be sick in December. :secret: She's actually going with us to the World next week so, she's good with it! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I worked on a submission for about an hour (after a very long day at work) and then decided not to apply. I wouldn't be able to go in December so it's no use. :(

Posting on Intercot is fine with me! :)

TikiG

r4kids
09-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I just applied, I can go in Dec and I went in Sept 06 and we leave in a 2 weeks. I can only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9: I would love to help plan vacations:party:

barb0310
09-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Although I am tempted to apply I am seeing this in a "half-empty" cup sort of way.

The details are not clear as to what the five-night vacation entails. With three guests "invited" do the "winners" pay for air transportaton, tickets, meals, etc.

That could be a very expensive non-planned trip.

Could someone clarify?

Tink#64
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM

I know - Bummer! I thought Yeah! But then I read that.:( Our last trip was May 2006. I'm so bummed, that would have been great!

magicofdisney
09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I also beleive that if you live close enough and your children are able to go whenever they want it loses some of the magic. Anywho THANKS!!!
We live about 2 hrs away and have yet to find that to be a problem. Maybe if we actually lived IN Orlando. :mickey:

Iluvpooh
09-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone else not get it to work. It says I have too many words when I go to submit, yet at the bottom it says I have words left to use. I just can't get it to work?

I had the same thing happen. Mine also got flagged for inapproriate content. I have no idea why. I'll try again tomorrow. I don't think it will be open by October. Thet will hit 5000 by the end of next week.

magicofdisney
09-08-2007, 10:46 PM
In case anyone misunderstood, you don't have to live in Orlando to be a part of the momspanel. It's all online.

Applications are being accepted until October 5th or until they reach 5000. It also states that you will only be notified if your considered for round two of the selection process.

Good Luck everyone! :mickey:

I just found out about this today and applied. I can't believe they haven't reached 5000 yet but I'm sure glad they didn't!

DisneyWhirled
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I just submitted my application. This would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me!! I would love to share all that I have learned with people who want to hear it!! My family thinks that we go to WDW too often, and don't want to hear anymore about it!!

DisneyDudet
09-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I can't do it because I leave to go to DISNEYLAND PARIS at the end of their December trip dates, so, oh well. I think DLP will be a better life experience anyway!

katzctkpt
09-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I just sent in my application, but only after did I read the requirements. It says you have to be available to go Dec 8-12, but I'm already going the 14-20. Hmmm, guess if I get picked, I'll worry about that later.

An extended vacation how awesome that would be. Just entered my app today.

mel
09-08-2007, 11:55 PM
how do you send the picture?

Red Randal
09-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I am not really understanding the concern about discrimination? Private companies can hire based on what they have identified as their particular "need". For example, I am not likely to get a job as a waitress at Hooters or to work retail at some of the hottest teen/young adult clothing stores. No expert here, but this isn't even a paid job anyway!

See, but Hooters is a restaurant that is going for a specific demographic: males who want a certain type of "entertainment" with their meal. Disney World is not aimed only at children. I don't feel discriminated against as a male, I feel confused about why Disney would want to alienate a portion of the population. The idea is to get as many people as possible to go to the parks. Sure, you can argue that some women like Hooters chicken wings, but my point is moreso that I think it would be smarter of Disney to bring someone like, say, me onto the panel to help spring breakers. Moms arent the only ones who would want to use the service. Just look at the different kinds of people we get here at Intercot.

DH and I are going to WDW in 7 days - do you think that counts as our trip within the last 12 months? The last trip before that was Jan. 2006 so that one wouldn't count...

Can't you just apply in 8 days?

Iluvpooh
09-09-2007, 12:07 AM
how do you send the picture?

I think the picture is only for the finalists-so they can put it on the board.

Jenemmy
09-09-2007, 09:20 AM
, but my point is moreso that I think it would be smarter of Disney to bring someone like, say, me onto the panel to help spring breakers. Moms arent the only ones who would want to use the service. Just look at the different kinds of people we get here at Intercot.

I totally get your point and I can see a valid arguement for a mixed panel that could handle a question from anyone who posed one. I guess my only thought that I could toss in the ring is that as a teen/young adult, I wouldn't have been as likely to go seeking advice as I would just hitting the ""World" and living up whatever came my way. Bringing a bambino along changes EVERYTHING!!! I was sure clueless my first time...I mean -- what do they have in the baby stations, what are my stroller options, what is this baby swap thingy I have heard about, where is the most convenient place I could stay to get back for afternoon naps...little ones extra magic hours, HUH? HOw safe is it to send my pre-teens to tomorrowland while I linger with the baby in Fantasyland.....

See my point -- there's just a lot more to think about when you have someone totally dependent on you. Again -- I get your point and agree with you -- not trying to argue -- just giving a different perspective to see it from. Also -- we don't know where they are going to plug this panel -- maybe it's on that family life web site????

You are absolutely correct in pointing out that a place like Intercot (and I would forsake it for nothing!!) is a primo example of how incredible a mixed panel would and can be. There isn't a situation that can come up on here that SOMEONE can't solve and it's AWESOME. I personally have asked mostly non baby related questions and always gotten wonderful responses...

anewvision
09-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Why would i want eveybody else to know what
i know. After spending about 40 days a year
for the last 8 years my family has experienced
alot. Example i don't like the fact that there
are more people at times it used to be slow.
There are cast members at all 4 parks that
know me by first and last name. I will never
tell some of the stuff i know about to a open
forum

next trips

9-2007 ASMu
10-2007 ASMu running 13k race at MGM
12-2007 AKL Christmas with lots of family

BelleKP
09-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Just applied myself!! :cloud9:
It would be great . . . but of course it did cross my mind that the site sounds very Intercotesque!! I hope that our loyal fan base won't be swayed!!
I also don't know if I can take the time off work in December . . . but will cross that bridge when I get to it! :fingers:

magicofdisney
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Why would i want eveybody else to know what
i know. After spending about 40 days a year
for the last 8 years my family has experienced
alot. Example i don't like the fact that there
are more people at times it used to be slow.
There are cast members at all 4 parks that
know me by first and last name. I will never
tell some of the stuff i know about to a open
forum

next trips

9-2007 ASMu
10-2007 ASMu running 13k race at MGM
12-2007 AKL Christmas with lots of family
So don't apply.

But it seems to me you're benefiting from what you read here. What's the difference? Just curious. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I just applied. Am I correct in that the application is just submitting the three, 100 words or less, questions about yourself? I didn't see any form for personal information. I too found that even though it said I had 3 words left, it asked me to shorten one by 4 words to meet the 100 word limit. Seems to me that they need to adjust their counter.

McGoofy
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, unfortunately, it looks as though we are all competing against each other. I'm hoping for a little pixie dust to fall on my application, but may the best mom panel expert win!:mickey:

They're coming for us! Disney is waging war on Intercot!! They want to steal our readership!!!

Okay, I'm kidding.

:D I was thinking the same thing before I read your post. It sounds exactly like what Intercot already has going!

I had the same problem. I worked so hard to get sentences worded just right to keep everything under 100 words. Then I hit "submit," and I had to change the first one by 12 words, the second one by 8 words, and the last one by 7 words. That's a lot of words when you are only allowed 100 to start with!!

BrownEyedGrrl
09-09-2007, 07:24 PM
This is awesome! I used to moderate on a women's/mom's board, and I loooooove planning WDW vacations! (but who on here doesn't, right? ;)). I planned our family vacation last year (for my husband, sons, and myself), my sister and BIL asked me to help plan their vacation this year (they're leaving next weekend), and while on vacation this past week, my mom called to say that my grandma asked if I could "check into options" and help them plan a WDW trip for next month! This panel would be an awesome opportunity. Fun, fun, fun! :mickey:

Patricia
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Ah!
My son is applying for a job at Club Penguin.. I told him to hold off working for Disney till I see what happens. :blush:

Of course he ignored me.

I guess if he gets a Disney job I'll pull my application. Although I expect my work here (at Icot) for the last ten years may disqualify me as an everyday, regular person anyway. :mickey:

BrownEyedGrrl
09-11-2007, 08:11 AM
For those of you who applied- how soon after entering your "100 words or less" applications did you get the verification email it mentioned? I've been checking my inbox and junk email box just to be sure that I didn't miss it, but I still haven't gotten one. I just want to be sure that it went through properly...

Thanks! :mickey:

murphy1
09-11-2007, 08:57 AM
I got my verification email the next day. I bet you will get it today.

Patricia, you'll get some great perks because of your son, not a bad thing!

Jenemmy
09-11-2007, 09:00 AM
For those of you who applied- how soon after entering your "100 words or less" applications did you get the verification email it mentioned? I've been checking my inbox and junk email box just to be sure that I didn't miss it, but I still haven't gotten one. I just want to be sure that it went through properly...

Thanks! :mickey:

Oh gosh, I got mine immediately! Hopefully there was just a delay and you get your verification soon!!! :fingers:

Jenemmy
09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
My apologies if someone has already posted this andI just missed it.....but, I was just at the web site where you apply and it says that due to overwhelming response, they have increased the application cap from 5,000 to 10,000! DANG!! My slim chances just got cut in half!! What's half a slim?? LOL

Patricia
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Patricia, you'll get some great perks because of your son, not a bad thing!

hmmm.. I hadn't thought of that in my haste for a free trip. Now I just need to stop him from submitting that altered resume. ;)

I got my verification email immediately, but that was in the first 10 hours of them taking apps..

10,000.. yikes! That would mean they've passed 5000. Every Disney discussion board is on it. I sure hope we get I Icot member on there. If you haven't applied, hurry.

McGoofy
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I applied on Sunday evening and got my verification immediately.

So they doubled the applicants??? Wow. It was already going to be hard to narrow it down to 10-12 out of 5,000. Too bad they aren't increasing the panel to 20-24!!!:mickey:

murphy1
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow!! Thanks for letting us know! Anyone could win this and just think if you win, it's not just luck, but some skill, too. They will either hate me or like me b/c I am from that area (Tampa), but I left 10 years ago and go back to visit two or three times a year, so I don't even know what my chances are! I hope one or two of us gets on it!

As far as not getting paid or that, I think it would be fun b/c I'm sure they pay for your flight, probably put you up at GF and feed you well, and it's an awesome opportunity to meet some of Disney people (maybe imagineers) and maybe go through some of their training things like Traditions and special tours, I'm up for all of it!! I just like the fact of getting away and it's talking about Disney World, something we all do anyway for free and the love of it.

Jenemmy
09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
As far as not getting paid or that, I think it would be fun b/c I'm sure they pay for your flight, probably put you up at GF and feed you well, and it's an awesome opportunity to meet some of Disney people (maybe imagineers) and maybe go through some of their training things like Traditions and special tours, I'm up for all of it!! I just like the fact of getting away and it's talking about Disney World, something we all do anyway for free and the love of it.

I hear ya, and completely agree. I would ADORE being on this panel, but would sure be excited for any of my fellow intercotees to be a part of it and tell us all about it :mickey: I am sure they will not announce who moves on to the next round until a good while after the Oct. 5 deadline (they have 10,000 apps to read!), but I am just on pins and needles about it!!!

McGoofy
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I hear ya, and completely agree. I would ADORE being on this panel, but would sure be excited for any of my fellow intercotees to be a part of it and tell us all about it :mickey: I am sure they will not announce who moves on to the next round until a good while after the Oct. 5 deadline (they have 10,000 apps to read!), but I am just on pins and needles about it!!!

I am with you! I would absolutely love to be on this panel as well. I would even do it without the promise of a free trip involved. I just think it would be so much fun to be able to share my Disney experience. :mickey:

:confused: Hey....did anybody else have trouble narrowing it down to 100 words or less as to why you should be on the panel?;)

Jenemmy
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
:
:confused: Hey....did anybody else have trouble narrowing it down to 100 words or less as to why you should be on the panel?;)

Nah..... I just wrote "please please please please please please......" 100 times.:write: No problem at all. I think it shows my witty repatoire and my knack for the english vocabulary...:silly:

Good luck to all Intercoters!!!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I just submitted my submission today and got my confirmation email immediately.

I saw nowhere where it said how many submissions they were taking, so where did you all see this??!?!?

As for the 100 words.....I had a LOT of trouble with just 100 words!!!

No pay, no problem --No trip, no problem.....just to say you were on the panel and participate would be AWESOME!!

Good LUCK to all Intercotees!!

Catzle
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I got my reply as soon as I hit enter. Yes 100 words was hard. How can they look at 10,000 entries and narrow it down to 10 from just 100 words?

wdw_bound
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I got my reply as soon as I hit enter. Yes 100 words was hard. How can they look at 10,000 entries and narrow it down to 10 from just 100 words?

Just a thought, but my guess would be they use filtering software to look for key words to narrow the field. Now if we could only figure out what those key words were...:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I got my confirmation immediately afterwards.

It would be hard enough to choose 10-12 out of 5000. Why on earth would they increase it to 10,000? Now it is starting to sound like a sweepstakes.:confused:

magicofdisney
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Did anyone take note of this line, ..."applicants who are selected for the next round in the hiring process..."?

It's interesting they used the term "hiring". :mickey:

BrownEyedGrrl
09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Oh gosh, I got mine immediately! Hopefully there was just a delay and you get your verification soon!!! :fingers:
Thanks for your response! I must have just accidentally deleted it or missed it somehow... I logged back in to send in another application, and got this message:

"Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application to be a
part of our panel.
Thank you for your interest in being an advisor!"

So, I guess I'm good to go. ;) Even if I don't get picked, I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing a fellow Intercotee on there. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Did anyone take note of this line, ..."applicants who are selected for the next round in the hiring process..."?

It's interesting they used the term "hiring". :mickey:

Seriously, shoudn't they have said "casting" process? Don't they know who they are?;)

wilcat
09-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok so I know I am not a mother but have a niece and 5 nephews and that makes me a substitute mother at times. I really liked the idea of this panel and would be honored to be a part of it. I know my chances are slim but I just submitted my app. Good luck to all of you who have applied. I hope an Intercotee gets picked so they can let us know how everything goes.

Cathy

Jenemmy
09-15-2007, 09:05 AM
As per the official site, they have reached their max capacity of 10,000 applications and offer you to come back in January to meet the panel.

Good luck, everyone!!!:magic::wishes:

Now, we just gotta :wait:

jiifigment
09-15-2007, 12:30 PM
WoW! I just noticed that their website says applications are maxed out too! 10,000 applications in 10 days!!! How in the world do you pick from that many applicants???

It really has to be a sweepstakes. Regardless, this is going to be one incredible panel!

Good luck, all! :magic:

RockChalkKimball
09-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I sent my application in on Thursday and never got a confirmation email. I sent an email asking for verification of receipt but have not yet heard. I decided to try and resubmit today, but found the notice that they were full. Please send pixie dust my way in hopes that they got my application. I knew that all of you Intercotees would apply. I was really hoping that no one else but me saw the advertisement! Good luck to all!!!:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
09-16-2007, 12:39 AM
It really has to be a sweepstakes. Regardless, this is going to be one incredible panel!

You know, I thought of this too, but then I dismissed it pretty quickly.

First of all, if it were a sweepstakes, they would not ask for descriptions of you, your family, and why you should be chosen. They are looking for something specific in the 12 people. I'm sure they are looking for different TYPES of moms. Moms of babies, toddlers, grade school age kids, teenagers, older children, etc. In addition, they may be looking for key attributes within families (i.e. single mothers, parents of special needs children, parents of multiples, etc.) If they want 12 MOMS on their panel, it would make sense if each mom had something unique to contribute that the other mom's don't have experience with. That way, when moms come TO the panel with questions, they can have a good chance of getting an answer from a mom on the panel who has experience she is looking for.

I think this would be a really good opportunity. Even if it's not a paid position, the experience could be very useful in future jobs. Plus, even if they don't pay you in money, you will be representing the Disney Co. online in an official capacity. That sort of holds you to the same standards as all their cast members, so I can see why they would use the term "hiring process". As far as I'm concerned, a free 4 night trip is payment enough for doing something that I do for free practically every day anyway. :)

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I wonder whats next. They mention they will notify those who make it to the next round of the hiring process. I wonder if they narrow it down to 10-12 right away, or if we would move on to another level of "competition". It is exciting!

Iluvpooh
09-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I also agree with the different mom theory.
I think they are looking for Moms to multiple(twin, triplets, quads,ect..) single mom, and no one flame me for this, but probably a 2 mom family. Also at least one single Dad that is raising his kids(either divorced, but most likely a widower)

Maybe even a grandmother that raises the kids and adopted families with like 12 kids, or a mom with special need children. Just to make it as diverse as possible.

I think regular Mom, Dad, 2 small kids families like mine have less of a chance.-Too normal and boring also there are more of us out there.

Iluvpooh
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Just a thought, but my guess would be they use filtering software to look for key words to narrow the field. Now if we could only figure out what those key words were...:mickey:

I wouldn't be suprised to see Intercot be one of them.:cool:

SAHDad
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I also agree with the different mom theory.
I think they are looking for Moms to multiple(twin, triplets, quads,ect..) single mom, and no one flame me for this, but probably a 2 mom family. Also at least one single Dad that is raising his kids(either divorced, but most likely a widower)

Maybe even a grandmother that raises the kids and adopted families with like 12 kids, or a mom with special need children. Just to make it as diverse as possible.

I think regular Mom, Dad, 2 small kids families like mine have less of a chance.-Too normal and boring also there are more of us out there.

My guess is that they are looking for the following (note that some will fill more than one category):

Mom of infant(s)
Mom of preschooler(s)
Mom of preteen(s)/tween(s)
Mom of teenager(s)
Mom of multiple kids
Mom with special needs
Mom of child(ren) with special needs
Mom of large family
Single (never married or widowed) mom
Single (divorced) mom
Working mom
Stay-at-home mom
International mom*

They will also probably looking to have moms of different ethnic groups and sexual orientation. I'm hoping (but not terribly optimistic) that the panel will include at least one single father or SAHD. (After all, there are about 2 million single fathers, and about 200,000 SAHDs out there, and I can tell you, my wife's workplace frowns on hour-long calls to make ADRs for a party of 13.)

Jenemmy
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
So these last few posts have gotten me to thinking..... (uh-oh!!). Since we all have time to pass waiting for Disney to wade through 10,000 applications before settling on an all-intercot based panel :thumbsup:, anyone care to share what their special "hook" is? What sorts of things did you list as to why YOU should be picked?

I don't mean to start this in a competitive type arena -- what's done is done and it is all out of our hands now -- just if anyone wants to share their approach to this now that the process is closed. In my humble opinion -- we are truly all EXPERTS here, professionals even!! I personally am pulling for an intercotee so they can take us all on the journey with them! I can't help but feel excited for anyone going to WDW when THEY are really excited to go :-)

Iluvpooh
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
WOW-I thought I was the only one who had watched the planning video enough to quote it!! (This is my bongo dance)

I don't really have anything special that sets me apart from the rest. I am a stay at home mom with 2 daughters ages 3 and 4.
Nothing to special about that-I am guessing that most of the people who applied are just like me.
As far as race-I don't think there really is a way to tell. If they go by name or last name to guess a persons race-that is illegal. I had a very ethnic sounding maiden name even though I am white- people who had never met me always assumed I was Chinese because of it. (Chan)- In case you were wondering

Beckybalz
09-18-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm upset...I didn't get my application in on time. What was the point of them having an October 5th deadline for submissions if they weren't going to accept ALL submissions up until that date? I don't think that is very fair. From the start, on the home page it should have said that the deadline was October 5th OR until they reached 10,000.

SBETigg
09-18-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm upset...I didn't get my application in on time. What was the point of them having an October 5th deadline for submissions if they weren't going to accept ALL submissions up until that date? I don't think that is very fair. From the start, on the home page it should have said that the deadline was October 5th OR until they reached 10,000.

But it did say that, didn't it? That's what I read. Or maybe it was just on the actual application page? I do know that it was pretty clear upon investigation that they were only taking a limited number of applications, which started at 5000 and then got increased to 10000. I'm sorry you didn't get one in. I do hope they pick someone from INTERCOT. Who better than us, right?

Jenemmy
09-18-2007, 08:32 AM
WOW-I thought I was the only one who had watched the planning video enough to quote it!! (This is my bongo dance)

I don't really have anything special that sets me apart from the rest. I am a stay at home mom with 2 daughters ages 3 and 4.
Nothing to special about that-I am guessing that most of the people who applied are just like me.
As far as race-I don't think there really is a way to tell. If they go by name or last name to guess a persons race-that is illegal. I had a very ethnic sounding maiden name even though I am white- people who had never met me always assumed I was Chinese because of it. (Chan)- In case you were wondering

Hey -- if you're a disney nut, then you are COMPLETELY special in my book :mickey:. I think your chances are just as good as the other 9,999 of us! LOL. Keeping my fingers crossed for us!!

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm still wondering if there is another round of competition. Like if they'll narrow it down to 500 or so and then we have to submit something else. Like our picture or another essay or something!

Jenemmy
09-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm still wondering if there is another round of competition. Like if they'll narrow it down to 500 or so and then we have to submit something else. Like our picture or another essay or something!

:ditto: me too! I am also wondering what the time frame on the decision is -- or should I say, how much notice prior to December the panelists will have to prepare for a trip there :shrug: Not that I probably need to be concerned about it! LOL

RockChalkKimball
09-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I think I remember reading that the "winners" would be notified about the first week of November. I remember thinking that would only give me a month to prepare. As a compulsive planner who plans my WDW trips a year out, that doesn't seem like much time, but hey, if I win, I will deal with it!!

prprincess
09-18-2007, 03:56 PM
As far as race-I don't think there really is a way to tell.
To be honest with you, and PLEASE don't flame me, but I played that one up in my application because the diversity thing did cross my mind, and I would more than love to be picked. I wrote something to the effect of "30-something year old Latina mother of two". Regardless, I'm sure that they'll just pick who they think submitted the best write-ups.

And yes, I hope that at least 1 Intercotee gets chosen!!:thumbsup:

Iluvpooh
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
It may be that since they closed the applications 3 weeks early that they may notify sooner than that. Any one remember seeing how you would be notified? Email, mail, or phone call. I am just wondering because we recently moved and I think my Disney account still has my old home address.

Jenemmy
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
It may be that since they closed the applications 3 weeks early that they may notify sooner than that. Any one remember seeing how you would be notified? Email, mail, or phone call. I am just wondering because we recently moved and I think my Disney account still has my old home address.

Hmmm -- I don't recall reading how they contact you anywhere. If they don't go by e-mail, then they would have to go back to your disney account for any other info. You better hop over there and get it changed just in case! Once you log in to your account, there is a place on the left side that will allow you to edit your info :thumbsup:

Iluvpooh
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
To be honest with you, and PLEASE don't flame me, but I played that one up in my application because the diversity thing did cross my mind, and I would more than love to be picked. I wrote something to the effect of "30-something year old Latina mother of two". Regardless, I'm sure that they'll just pick who they think submitted the best write-ups.

And yes, I hope that at least 1 Intercotee gets chosen!!:thumbsup:

I don't blame you at all. They are more than likely looking for a diverse panel so if there is something that set you apart-by all means mention it. Rather it be race/nationality whatever.

I am pretty sure that intercot has more than a 1in 10000 chance. I would bet that at least 300 intercotees applied(whether they have posted or not) that would make intercots chances about 1 in 33. Not bad odds even if it does turn out to be a sweepstakes.

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmmm -- I don't recall reading how they contact you anywhere. If they don't go by e-mail, then they would have to go back to your disney account for any other info. You better hop over there and get it changed just in case! Once you log in to your account, there is a place on the left side that will allow you to edit your info :thumbsup:
I remember distinctly reading that they contact us by email if we are chosen.

SAHDad
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM

What's wrong with mentioning it? I mentioned that I am a stay-at-home dad, for some of the same reasons.

My guess is they will first pare the number down to something much more manageable, mainly by looking for apps which stand out (in a good way). To winnow that that pool, they may issue a second set of questions, possibly to see what answers people would give to questions like those in the video.

I would think that, given the Dec timeframe, they would probably want to have everyone chosen by Nov 1, in order to give people plenty of time to arrange time off from work and make any arrangements required.

Beckybalz
09-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Now that the applications are no longer being submitted, I would love to ask: Did anyone write anything creative or did you basically just stick to bios? Did anyone find a way to make their application stand out from the rest?

mouseketeer mom
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, the 100 word thing was a killer. Your words really had to pack a punch and it didn't help that everytime I thought I was done and had it right, and the computer showed I did it in 100 words or less, I would click SUBMIT only to be told I needed to reduce 3 words here, 7 words there and so on! Frustrating. I didn't have a particular angle, really, just hoped some of my personality came thru. And my sincere love and knowledge of all things WDW. We shall see! As others said, having even one intercotee make it would be sooo cool. So we can live the process thru them, if we don't get chosen ourselves!

magicofdisney
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I think the chance to shine will happen on the next cut (if that's how they proceed). I really belive they'll be using filtering software this time around. I seriously doubt they hired another panel to review apps for this panel. :mickey:

tiaramom
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
what is filtering software?
not actual people viewing apps?
hmmmmmm?????

Iluvpooh
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Filtering software will flag certain applications based on keywords they are looking for.

Example. If they type in single, adopted, dad, stay at home, homemaker, autism, extended family, daughter, son ect..

It will pull up only those applications with those words in it somewhere. I also agree that it is either a sweepstakes or going to be filtered for what they are looking for.

BrerGnat
09-21-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm pretty sure they are using filtering software at least to narrow it down. At a more manageable level, I'm sure they'll have humans review the submissions and then choose the finalists. I played up the key words I thought they might be filtering for, as they applied to my life.

I would hazard a guess that they will choose a number between 12 and 24. They need to have backups in case the people they choose cannot accept the position because something has changed in their lives between submission and notification of winning. For example, some may find that they actually can't travel in December, when they thought they could previously, etc.

Also, I just wanted to mention...does it actually say anywhere in the "fine print" that this is NOT a paid position? I think maybe we are all assuming it is not, but what if it is? That would explain the term "hiring process". They've had contests to win jobs before. Just wondering...

Jenemmy
09-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Also, I just wanted to mention...does it actually say anywhere in the "fine print" that this is NOT a paid position? I think maybe we are all assuming it is not, but what if it is? That would explain the term "hiring process". They've had contests to win jobs before. Just wondering...

Hmmmm...I guess I just assumed the trip was the compensation....but then again, it would be weird to get "paid" before you actually did any work, huh?

You guys are probably right on the filtering software....guess my "please" 100 times in each box won't cut it, huh -- LOL!

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I really assumed someone would be reading the submissions. I never even thought about filtering software. It just seems like they could be missing someone really interesting if they are just looking for key words. That may not tell you alot about a person. I thought they would want to see how a person communicates in writing, since that is essentially the job along with the planning. Hmmm.

Beckybalz
09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
I tend to agree with you. I think all the applications will be read. I realize that 10,000 applications are alot to read, but I am sure they have quite a few cast members reading them. Plus, I assumed that was why they keep it so strictly to 300 words. 300 words is a very quick read...and I am sure that inevitably many applications will find themselves in the discard pile right off the bat.

SAHDad
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
What they may do is say "We definitely want a mom of a special needs child on our panel" and then filter all the apps for "special" "needs" "autism" "handicapped" etc, and then pay a bit more attention to the ones that come up. Then they repeat it for a mom of multiple kids, mom of teens, etc, choosing different keywords.

And once they have filled the 8-10 slots (or whatever) of the "must-haves", they could go through the others to fill the remainder with wild cards.

We'll probably never know exactly how people get chosen for this, but it is interesting to speculate.

Deesdisney
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I hope they are using the filtering software. There was not enough space after putting in the information they wanted to put anything else special in. However I at least got in that this had been a dream of mine since I was a teenager. Does anyone know if we win the spot if we can bring bring family or not? I wonder if we have to bring them? Interesting!! I hope they tell people soon. This waiting is killing me. I get on intercot 8 times a day to see if anyone has gotten a email. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Iluvpooh
09-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I know that the trip is for 4 people. That may pose a problem for people who have more than 2 children. I wonder if you would have to pay for the others. The 4 people limit makes me think that they will be staying in a regular room somewhere. If you have more than 4 then they would have to book 2 rooms.

It would seem unfair for anyone who has 3-4 or more kids. It would stink to have to pay for airfare, park tickets and a room for a "free" trip.

Deesdisney
09-21-2007, 01:46 PM
WOW. That is cool. The 4 people would do it for me. We would only have 3 at that time going. My other 2 kids are 18 and working full time and one is a senior in High School. It would only be me DH and DD age 4. That would be enough for my pay. :cloud9:

BrerGnat
09-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Well, I keep wondering about the "free" trip too. I would tend to think that a good chunk of your trip is "training time" and therefore, would it even be a good idea to BRING your whole family? What of the single moms or families where one parent can't make the trip due to work...mom can't bring the kids alone if she will have to spend some time in training, right? Who will watch the kids? I keep thinking about this. I really don't know at this point if I *could* travel when they need me to, because that would depend on whether I could bring my kids (3 and 1) or not. My husband may or may not be able to come.

It can't just be a free trip if you MUST be able to travel within those dates. I expect that the moms will be tied up most of the days, similar to a convention...in that case, I wouldn't even want to bring my kids along...

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I would want to bring my whole crew if I were chosen. I wouldn't really think of it as a Disney trip, that requires any kind of planning. I'd think of it as a brand new Disney experience. I'm sure they would have the winners days planned out, and also I'd figure they would take very good care of the families that come along.

Catzle
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I would just be happy to be chosen and worry about all the little things later. Since My chances are a little slimmer than some, two girls no boys and just an ordinary family I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

Jenemmy
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I know a lot of us are anxious to hear the results of this. But, I was thinking about something earlier today.....Didn't the official site say they are asking for a 6 month commitment? If this thing is a success, maybe they want to rotate the panelists every 6 months for variety. I guess all I am trying to say is, those of us who don't make the cut this time around, may have more chances in the future......

I don't think anyone should count themselves out just yet, though. So what if your family is nice and normal -- REJOICE!! There are loads of nice and normal families that vacation in Disney that need advice, right? One of my 3 kids happens to be special needs (which makes us a nice and ABNORMAL family -- LOL)but who knows exactly what Disney is thinking/looking for? I am enjoying the speculation aspect of it -- sorta builds the excitement for it. I am really banking on SOMEONE involved in this very thread to be a part of it :mickey:

RockChalkKimball
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't stop thinking about it! I even had a dream that I got on email from them, telling me I made it to the next round.

I know my kids wouldn't be able to go, but DH might be able to go. Isn't is sad how we are all making our plans "just in case"!!

I am fortunate that my family has a Christmas trip planned or I would be going nuts!! If I don't "win" at least I will be going there soon. My son and I made a paper chain last night, since we are under 100 days out. Whoo hoo!!

Edenza
09-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I'd bookmarked this so I could apply when we got back and it's closed. I don't think they'd have liked some of what I would say about our recent experience anyway ;)

BrownEyedGrrl
09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree with the "no filtering software" camp. ;) IF they are using something like that, I'd say it's just a sorting tool, to help ensure that they get a diverse panel. But, after they're sorted into certain categories, I'd bet they are all still being read by real people. I can't imagine Disney would be willing to miss out on a great contributor, simply because they didn't use the "right" keywords. There's no way anyone not involved with the process would know a better keyword than anyone else anyway- "Disney World"? "Mom"? "vacations"? "children"? We all likely used most of the same terms, so I don't see how it would be beneficial to look for certain words in order to totally disregard the entries that didn't contain those words. And if they were using filtering software, why put a cap on the number of entries in the first place? A program could've widdled 100,000 down easily. But capping it tells me that they are indeed being read.
Just my two cents. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Brown eyed girl- thats so cute! I just saw that your signature says your next family vacation is when your boys reach 48inches! Thats adorable! Talk about planning advice, I love it!:mickey:

BrownEyedGrrl
09-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Brown eyed girl- thats so cute! I just saw that your signature says your next family vacation is when your boys reach 48inches! Thats adorable! Talk about planning advice, I love it!:mickey:

Thanks! :D My hubby's ready for all four of us to be able to get on the same things at the same time. He said '48" ', and I'm holding him to it- I measure them once a month and report any changes immediately! :laughing:

Jenemmy
09-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Every time I see a new post on this thread, I get all excited thinking someone has heard something! LOL -- how pathetic am I???

I read **somewhere** -- can't remember where -- that those who go on to the next round will hear back by November 2. Anyone else hear that? Man, I don't know if I can take another month of waiting to find out I didn't make it!!! LOL

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2007, 02:08 PM
What do you think happens at the next round? Are the winners picked by Nov. 2nd, or those who made it to the next round?

magicofdisney
09-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I keep thinking about all of this. Wouldn't it be neat if the winners made a commercial, either for television or Resort TV, kind of like Stacy's Top 7? And in that commericial, they filmed shots from days at the different parks. That would be so cool. :mickey:

BrerGnat
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I think the Disney page said that people who were chosen to go to the next round would be notified via email on or before November 2. I assume the "next round" is a phone interview.

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought maybe the next round would be to answer questions, like we would on a real forum, to see how we would actually do.

Iluvpooh
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Well crud-I'll be at WDW on November 2nd.

Jenemmy
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Well crud-I'll be at WDW on November 2nd.

This sentence makes no sense to me..:scratch:

LOL -- no, I get what you mean....it is just funny to be on an intercot board and someone saying "crud" in relation to being at Disney!

Hey -- maybe since they stopped the application process so much sooner than Oct. 5, they will have a decision before Nov. 2 :fingers:

Iluvpooh
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I guess you are right. That is probably the first time I ever thought- "I wish I would be home instead of at WDW"!:blush:

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
I guess you are right. That is probably the first time I ever thought- "I wish I would be home instead of at WDW"!:blush:

Really? Pack your laptop, or head over to the CR to check your email. If chosen, wouldn't that be funny to respond with "hey, I'm already there"! I bet you'd make it to the next round again!

Jenemmy
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Really? Pack your laptop, or head over to the CR to check your email. If chosen, wouldn't that be funny to respond with "hey, I'm already there"! I bet you'd make it to the next round again!

Yeah -- and maybe while you are there, you could put in a good word for the rest of us, too ;):D

Daisy712
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Okay, do you think we would have heard anything by now about the mom's panel?:( I am so hoping that someone from Intercot makes it.

Iluvpooh
10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
We should hear something in 2 1/2 weeks. November 2nd. I do hope it is earlier though.

Patricia
10-15-2007, 11:56 AM
So far my son has not accepted any postition with Club Penguin so my application can still stand. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Has anyone been selected and or in round 2 of the selection process??

Patricia
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
There has been no announcement of round two selections yet.

Keep watching this post.

Flower
10-17-2007, 11:38 AM
The first thing I did upon my return from WDW last week was to check my email to see if they sent me anything - Come on November 2nd and good luck to all of the Intercot applicants!

murphy1
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
This is so funny, I keep getting emails from Disney about DVC, the 2008 promo, etc. Well, I'm just excited we'll be there next week.

Catzle
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Well I hope you all have better luck than me I just got my rejection letter. Sad to see that come but I figured since I have two girls and a plain family I wouldn't be picked. Guess I was right. But good luck to all of you!

LottaLubes
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Hello! Just wanted to let everyone know I've been selected for round 2!!! Please wish me luck!

Catzle
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Good luck to you, that's great!

AXOAlum
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Well I hope you all have better luck than me I just got my rejection letter. Sad to see that come but I figured since I have two girls and a plain family I wouldn't be picked. Guess I was right. But good luck to all of you!

Me too :( Good luck to you, LottaLubes!! :mickey:

Dracula766
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
YAY!! I just got a rejection email too!

waitaminit...

thats not a yay

:(

illini
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Rejection here, too. Not surprised, but disappointed nonetheless.

Lottalubes... cheering you on!!!

Flower
10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Best of luck to you lottalubes!!!!

Me - REJECTION :cry:

murphy1
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Guess growing up near there doesn't count for much :fresh:

Good luck to those of you moving on:mickey:

5fromabove
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
:) I'm SO surprised and SO excited!!!

Goofster
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
DW got her rejection letter too! Best of luck to all those moving on! :thumbsup:

Patricia
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Congratulations lottalubes!!
Good luck with round two!
:mickey3:
That`s exciting that one of us Intercotees made it to round two!

I recieved a rejection email..

murphy1
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Congratulations lottalubes!!
Good luck with round two!
:mickey3:
That`s exciting that one of us Intercotees made it to round two!

I recieved a rejection email..

Now get your son to work there and get those perks!!!

SAHDad
10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
No round 2 for me. I hope at least one dad somewhere makes it to the final though. :(

murphy1
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
This is interesting, they must be going after you guys in PA, NJand MI b/c a few of them from another board made it through.

Deesdisney
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Well I have not heard yet. But good luck to those who made it.

Melanie
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Hello! Just wanted to let everyone know I've been selected for round 2!!! Please wish me luck!

Congrats Lubey and Kaylene! Good luck! :clappy:

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
So much for the Jersey Theory. I'm here and got rejected too! Good luck to those of you who made it to round 2!
Jen

dolphinmickey9170
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
:mickey:Good luck and congrats. Please keep us informed as to what is going on...if you are allowed. I got my rejection letter too:(

RockChalkKimball
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
:envy:I knew it was a long shot, but I am disappointed anyway..... :fit::sob::angry::pout:

Good luck to those who made it to round 2!:congrats:

mjaclyn
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
:(Blehhhh...I'm so disappointed! :( DH and I have been rejected.

LottaLubes
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM

Yeah! Maybe we will be "working" together!!

For those of you wondering, round 2 was similar to round 1, there will be a 3rd round and then final selections.

ILoveLegos
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Add me to the rejected list - If it helps to know, I'm a partial NJ resident and a partial FL resident. Hehehe! Big congrats to LottaLubes and 5fromabove, well done keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :mickey:
P.S. Please keep us informed about what happens to you in the next round!

mouseketeer mom
10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm crushed.
I knew it was a long shot, but the Disney in me always believes in magic and pixie dust. I got my rejection letter too tonight.
For those who got the rejection letter, does yours say they will be contacting you in the near future with other possibilities? I'm wondering if it was standard in every rejection letter.
Also, for those of you who made it, CONGRATS!! Does it tell you how many made it to round two?

1EeyoreFan
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I got my rejection letter today as well and it also stated something to the effect that they may contact me in the near future for other possibilites. Kinda like keeping your resume "on file". lol! I did think the free personalized downloads were thoughtful!

Good luck to those moving on! Hope to see some familiar peeps when reading the panel posts.

magicofdisney
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
How disappointing! Does anyone recall at one time them stating they would only contact you if you proceeded to the next round? Imagine my sudden elation and then bitter disappointment when in paragraph 3, line 3 they said I had not been chosen. Ugh...:ill:

Iluvpooh
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Another reject here. Congrats to the other 2 posters. Good Luck!!

McGoofy
10-17-2007, 10:42 PM

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to those of you that made it!:party:

However, another one bites the dust here in South Carolina. I just got my rejection letter. I knew they had said that with so many applicants they would not contact you unless you made it. I got so excited when I started reading the e-mail, and then I was sad!:( Oh well, the downloads were a nice consolation prize!

Anyhow, on the bright side of things...I will be at WDW in 10 days!!!:D There's nothing to be sad about!!!

Good luck to those of you so far that made it! I do hope that somebody from Intercot will make it!!:thumbsup:

missbunny
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Congrats to the two posters who made it to the next round. :party:
I hope you both make it!

The only thing that keeps me from being too upset is knowing that in 27 more days I will be in my happy place.

i might not be able to be a Disney mom, but I can still plan for my own family. With lots of help from all of you here of course.

pixiesmimi
10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Rejection here too!:( I thought they said they wouldn't contact anyone unti Nov. 2. I was excited and then sad when I read the email.

Congratulations to the ones chosen! Did it say in your email that you would be the ones making the trip in Dec. or is that the next round?

All I got was a link to the new forum and something about future plans. They also sent some freebie downloads.

Jeri Lynn
10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Bummer, I got my rejection letter last night...

Best of luck to those moving on!! Go Intercotee's!!

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Gosh. I am still so sad this morning. I knew it was a long shot, but still..:(
So, I will be happy to live thru any fellow intercotees who have moved on! Can you tell us what you needed to answer for round 2? Also, do you know how many made it to round two?
Lisa

Mickey'sGirl
10-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Congratulations to LottaLubes and 5fromabove! I am very excited for you.

I am a reject. :sad: It would have been fun, but I will move on! Maybe they're saving me for something else. :D

mudpuppysmom
10-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Another unwanted mom here too.......I started to get excited when I saw the email, then the letdown.

Congratulations to the two who made it from Icot!!!

kakn7294
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
:confused: It's nearly 8:45 am the day after the rest of you got e-mails and I haven't heard ANYTHING!!! I don't know if I've been chosen to move on or rejected (although I'm assuming the latter). I did receive an e-mail after I applied that told me my application had been received so I know that they got it. Now I'm really wondering what this means? Anyone else not hear anything yet?

:congrats: to LottaLubes and 5fromabove!! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon!

wendy*darling
10-18-2007, 09:04 AM
:confused: Anyone else not hear anything yet?
I haven't heard yet either.

Congrats to LottaLubes and 5fromabove!:thumbsup:

prprincess
10-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Anyone else not hear anything yet? Meeeee!

I haven't heard anything either way. :(

murphy1
10-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Hang tight, ladies! I bet you are in the highly considered cyber-pile right now!

JoRy
10-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Make that 3 yeses!!!! I got the word to proceed to the next round. I guess it helps I am a Dad applying to the Mom's panel, but who knows. It is jusst pretty exciting. I will let you know what happens next.

:cloud9::blush:

Deesdisney
10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I still have not heard. I keep looking at my email every hour. I wonder if they are going in order that they rec. it. I was close to the end.

wendy*darling
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I guess it helps I am a Dad applying to the Mom's panel, but who knows.
Oh how coooolll!!! :mickey:

Congrats! I am very glad to hear a Dad made it to the next round. :thumbsup:

DisneyWhirled
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Another, "sorry, play again" here. :(

JoRy
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
For those of you interested. The letter telling us what to do next is as follows. We have to answer three additional questions of 100 words or less. The responses have to be submitted by midnight on October 24. If we are selected again, a representative from the panel will e-mail us to do a phone interview on either October 29, 30, or November 1 (I guess they will be trick-or-treating on the 31st).

That is it. I will let you know if I go any further, but it is exciting just to be asked. I feel there are so many of you who give such great advice and have so much knowledge of WDW here on Intercot, I am truly shocked I advanced.

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
May I ask what the next three questions were? I'm dying to know!:blush::mickey:

Patricia
10-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Congratulations Kaylene!
(sorry, don't know how I missed you before)

Congratulations JoRy!
:thumbsup:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 3 of you.. let's hope some other get into round two still.

LottaLubes
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
May I ask what the next three questions were? I'm dying to know!:blush::mickey:

I don't think that would be a good idea right now. I hope you understand...don't want to take a chance of being disqualified in any way! I can tell you they are, of course, Disney related!

Patricia
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Now get your son to work there and get those perks!!!

I called him right away and said "Get a job with Disney, what are you waiting for?"

McGoofy
10-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Can I just say that I am pretty excited about my downloads?! I didn't have time to check them out last night, but today I printed them out on a color printer, and they are really cute. My son's teacher is a big Disney fan, so I even printed some with her name on them. Then I forwarded the link along to other Disney fan friends of mine. I wasn't even expecting an e-mail, much less a little "gift." I thought that was pretty neat!:mickey:

Lily
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Can I ask? For those of you who were accepted, how many visits have you made or how many years have you been traveling to WDW? I will feel much better about my rejection e-mail if I know that those accepted have quite a bit more than three visits under their belts.

Thanks!

McGoofy
10-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Can I ask? For those of you who were accepted, how many visits have you made or how many years have you been traveling to WDW? I will feel much better about my rejection e-mail if I know that those accepted have quite a bit more than three visits under their belts.

Thanks!

I'm not one of the ones that you asked this question to, but I can tell you that I mentioned that I had 28 visits under my belt, and that didn't catch their eye!:(

Jenemmy
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Mickey didn't want me, either -- but that's OK -- I still want him!!:mickey: LOL

I am thrilled for our intercotees moving on! You GO, girls!!!!!:D

Jenemmy
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Mickey didn't want me, either -- but that's OK -- I still want him!!:mickey: LOL

I am thrilled for our intercotees moving on! You GO, girls!!!!!:D

OOOPS -- just realized that a Dad made the cut, too.....let me change that to

You GO, Girls....and Dad!!!!!!! :thumbsup: You three realize that you are totally and completely obligated, if chosen, to let the rest of us live vicariously through you ....right???? Just so we're clear ;)

JoRy
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
OOOPS -- just realized that a Dad made the cut, too.....let me change that to

You GO, Girls....and Dad!!!!!!! :thumbsup: You three realize that you are totally and completely obligated, if chosen, to let the rest of us live vicariously through you ....right???? Just so we're clear ;)

Thanks for not forgetting about me!!! And thanks for the encouragement. Although I know I am probably not going to get to the next round, it is a lot of fun to try. And if by some amazing reason I am picked to go on, I will let you all know every step of the way.

SAHDad
10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for not forgetting about me!!! And thanks for the encouragement. Although I know I am probably not going to get to the next round, it is a lot of fun to try. And if by some amazing reason I am picked to go on, I will let you all know every step of the way.

I hope some Dad is picked. Let me say from experience that, if there is no guy already present, most mom's groups (sometimes called parents groups) can be downright hostile toward men entering the group. (It's a very common complaint among the SAHD crowd.)

Oh, and I know what the three questions are:

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

:mickey:

Good luck to all chosen - we're rooting for all of you.

JoRy
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
I hope some Dad is picked. Let me say from experience that, if there is no guy already present, most mom's groups (sometimes called parents groups) can be downright hostile toward men. (It's a very common complaint among the SAHD crowd.)

Oh, and I know what the three questions are:

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Good luck to all chosen - we're rooting for all of you.

1) JoRy
2) To sit on the Mom's Panel
3) What do you mean? An African or European Swallow?

Do I get to cross?

And, as far as the man on the Mom's panel, I am not going to touch that with a ten foot pole!!!!!

murphy1
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Jo, you are great!! I hope you make it through the next round! I'd go see what you had to say if you were on the panel just from the posts I read over here.

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Does anyone think its curious that some of us got rejection letters, and others haven't heard at all?

jiifigment
10-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok...I was rejected too.

Those of you who haven't received your acceptance/rejection e-mail yet, you may want to check your junk mail folder! I received the "you've applied" e-mail in my normal inbox, but for some reason, the rejection was in my junk mail! I'm REALLY glad intercot was here to check, or I would have missed the attached goodies! :)

To the 3 of you who've moved on...
:woohoo::fingers::magic:
and CONGRATULATIONS! This is going to be SO much fun to watch!

JoRy
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Jo, you are great!! I hope you make it through the next round! I'd go see what you had to say if you were on the panel just from the posts I read over here.

You are so nice to say that, but thanks for the added pressure :funny:;);)

As far as people not hearing anything...some folks on other sites have found that if they have an old e-mail registered with Disney, for some reason responses have gone there. So if any of you have not heard, check old e-mail addresses just in case.

Catzle
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
For those of you that were picked would you mind telling us about your family. Two kids, boys girls etc. Just wondering if that had anything to do with how they picked. I have two girls both under 8 so I knew with not having a boy I wouldn't have a chance.

JoRy
10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
For those of you that were picked would you mind telling us about your family. Two kids, boys girls etc. Just wondering if that had anything to do with how they picked. I have two girls both under 8 so I knew with not having a boy I wouldn't have a chance.

I have three kids, but a pretty wide age range. I have DS11, DS7, and DD4. I assume that helped.

the real Alice
10-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Congrats to all.... especially Jory. If I didn't get picked I'm glad at least one Nashvillian got in!

I was really hoping that the fact that husband is a teacher & coach would count for about 150 kids get get me automatically in, but obviously it didn't work. I'm not giving up my dream job of being a Disney planner yet! :mickey:

JoRy
10-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Congrats to all.... especially Jory. If I didn't get picked I'm glad at least one Nashvillian got in!

I was really hoping that the fact that husband is a teacher & coach would count for about 150 kids get get me automatically in, but obviously it didn't work. I'm not giving up my dream job of being a Disney planner yet! :mickey:

Thanks a lot, Alice.:blush: I will do my best to make Nashvegas proud.

I told my wife about making it this far, and she said it would be neat to get to go on a free trip to WDW, then she called me a dork. I guess if I am going to be a dork, at least I am a Disney dork!!!!:geek2:

Patricia
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
The Souven-ears (download gifts) were a very nice thought, especially for those of you who don't already have them and didn't know about them.

Souven-ears are available (they change them from time to time, but they've all come back again) for downloading at the Disney site.. Check out the other souven-ears (http://disney.go.com/features/souvenears/index.html) in that set if you don't already have them all.

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
You know, they did say that they wouldn't be able to contact EVERYONE who didn't make it to the next round...and the rejection email said they would be contacting us in the near future about other Mom/Disney possibilities they are exploring. Do you think thats why some of us got rejection emails and others didn't?? Do you think we're already in the mix for something else down the road??? I know I'm always looking for the silver lining, but the fact is, not everyone got a rejection email...What do others think?

kakn7294
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm STILL waiting - I've checked my e-mail a hundred times in the past 24 hrs and there's nothing. I also checked my old e-mail and there's nothing there. Neither one have a junk folder or a spam blocker so it would have to show up. This suspense is KILLING me! At this point, I just want to know something one way or the other.

:congrats: to you JoRy! Good luck!

Patricia
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Maybe some of the applications haven't been read yet.. I'm sure everyone will hear by Nov 2. I was surprised to hear back early.

prprincess
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
My rejection letter was waiting for me when I got home. I'm so disappointed!

But congrats to those of you who got selected!! :)

yasmina
10-18-2007, 09:45 PM
My rejection letter was waiting for me when I got home. I'm so disappointed!

But congrats to those of you who got selected!! :)

Sorry you weren't selected. :(

When was your letter dated, yesterday or today?

TIA!

DisnIse
10-18-2007, 09:48 PM
No word yet. Bummer.

whistlewhileyouwork
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I am still waiting....the suspense is killing me. No rejection or request regarding 3 more questions. Did anyone hear tonight???:mickey:

Catzle
10-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Maybe they are waiting for those who were selected to say they wanted to continue before releasing the rest of the letters. If they get people who said no thanks etc. they would need others to fill in. Just a thought for those who haven't heard yet. I'm sure it's a very hard task to read all those letters. We weren't allowed to give much information on our families so I'm sure they had to read between the lines a lot. Like I would of said that my 6 year old girl loves Buzz Lightyear and Pirates etc., she's not a princess fan but I have an 8 year old who is a princess fan all the way so even though I have two girls they each are into different things regarding Disney. I think that's why my family loves Disney so much there is something for everyone! So those who haven't heard yet I wouldn't give up you may be in the maybe pile and you might be pleasantly surprised so good luck!

yasmina
10-19-2007, 06:08 AM
This is for all those who haven't received any sort of response:

Is anyone planning to write to Disney Destinations? I know I saw somewhere the official email address. I'll track it down later and post it here.

I'm not talking about a whiney letter, but a polite one enquiring why you did not receive a response one way or another, when you know that so many others did. Maybe verify your real name and email address.

If I don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow, I plan to send one over the weekend (I wouldn't expect to receive anything on Sat. or Sun.).

Maybe if enough of us send emails, they might realize that there was a snafu in their system, or whatever.

I'm at the point most of you are; wondering what happened, and would be satisfied with a rejection (but thrilled with a pass on to the next stage!).

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
They flat out said that not everyone would get a response, that they had too many applicants to guarantee those not chosen a response. I think if you got a response, maybe you were in the number of those who got close enough for a second look before they moved on, or you were one of those selected.

Feel good about it if you didn't get picked but still got a response. (Yay! How cool! Maybe you were close? At any rate, you tried.)

Feel great about it if you got selected for the next round. (Congratulations and best wishes! We're all here pulling for you!).

And if you, like me, didn't hear anything it could be that they are still going through thousands of responses and putting them in maybe or no piles as they move through it, or it could be that they are not getting back to us. I know you'll be with me in checking your email until November in hope that they just haven't gotten through the whole process yet. What else can we do? But take heart. It will be a great panel and if it's a success, they may keep it around and need future applicants.

Congratulations again to those moving on so far!

yasmina
10-19-2007, 07:24 AM
They flat out said that not everyone would get a response, that they had too many applicants to guarantee those not chosen a response. I think if you got a response, maybe you were in the number of those who got close enough for a second look before they moved on, or you were one of those selected.

Feel good about it if you didn't get picked but still got a response. (Yay! How cool! Maybe you were close? At any rate, you tried.)

Feel great about it if you got selected for the next round. (Congratulations and best wishes! We're all here pulling for you!).

And if you, like me, didn't hear anything it could be that they are still going through thousands of responses or it could be that they are not getting back to us. I wouldn't inundate them with letters wondering why not or why you didn't hear. It certainly won't endear you if they decide to do it again when they specifically apologized and said that they couldn't get back to everyone.

If you want to write, write and thank them for the chance and the experience and for their diligence in going through the pile and let them know you're looking forward to reading about the final panel. But wait until November 2. I know you'll be with me in checking your email until November in hope that they just haven't gotten through the whole process yet. What else can we do? But take heart. It will be a great panel and if it's a success, they may keep it around and need future applicants.

Congratulations again to those moving on!

While you make some valid, and perhaps wishful, points, the email I received as confirmation specifically stated that those not chosen would NOT receive notice:

We are sorry, but due to the high number of submissions, we will be unable to reach out to applicants not chosen to advance.

It doesn't say that "not everyone will get a response", implying that some will and some won't. If they couldn't/wouldn't contact everyone, then they shouldn't have contacted anyone except those who were selected to continue. This is simply bad business practice, and frankly, imo, illegal, to make a half-hearted promise to some to "maybe" be eligible for something later on. I don't remember anything like that ever being mentioned in the initial application process, do you? I would also like to see the terms and conditions for this contest. I don't remember seeing one when I first applied, do you? I think, though, by law, there has to be one. I don't recall any "runners-up" opportunities mentioned.

I sincerely doubt that there will be any further responses sent out at this point. Answers to the Round 2 questions are due next Wed.

I don't really care about "endearing" myself to them in the hope that they'll pick me for something in the future. First of all, I don't think they're going to care about little 'ol me among all the millions of other Disney fanatics they have. And secondly, if this is an example of how they conduct business, I don't care to be a part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to receive any response at this point, and would not refuse to participate if I received one today. I still believe that it has to be a snafu in the system somewhere.

I don't believe that a politely worded request for clarification would be cause to be blackballed from further Disney opportunities.

To each his own, and big congrats to those chosen to continue!

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Yasmina, sorry! I had already edited my original post because I didn't mean it to come across that I was telling you what to do. Personally, I see no need to write and ask about it. But yes, feel free and why not. You may get some answers. I still disagree with you on the business practice angle. I think it's nice they managed to get back to a few people if not everyone when they had no intention of responding to any in the first place with the volume they received.

Dang, next Wednesday? I guess I am out of luck. But really excited to see some INTERCOT people moving on. Go all the way!

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I have now resigned myself to the fact that since I haven't gotten any response at all and those chosen to advance have to reply by 10/24, I'm a reject that wasn't even worthy of a "thanks but no thanks" response. Kinda depressing...but at least there are other Intercotees who get to move on. Good luck to all!

whistlewhileyouwork
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Those of us who havent heard, just need to hold our breath and wait. I cant imagine that they would leave us hanging completely. They originally said that they would not contact the "losers". Obviously they changed their mind ...how hard was it to send out the free stationary and make nice nice with everyone. The fact that it said there will be additional projects in the future DOESNOT mean that those people would be part of it. It said they would be contacting them....i took it as if they would be notified just like they blasted out the news of this contest. ALso the contest was to end on 10/5 originally and it ended abrutptly in September..so who knows what they are up to!!......so I think we need to give it some time. keep positng your updates so that we can all stay in the loop:mickey:

jiifigment
10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Kathy,

I doubt, even IF they are done sending e-mails, and even IF they did seperate them into 3 piles (which are BIG if's) they would want you to take a "you're not worth our time" response away from this. Many people that were very qualified didn't get responses. You just didn't fit the criteria they were looking for this time. This is a new thing. I'm not sure they know what they really want yet. :grouphug:

I was devastated, too. I think this is everyone's dream job...or at least everyone here. Then I started doing research (always seems to help me)... :blush:

The people who were picked seem to be people who have either a) lived in Florida at one time, or b) been to WDW at LEAST 20 times. (I'm not just talking about the ones from intercot.) One person on another board says she's spent 40 to 60 nights A YEAR there!

All of the people who were picked that I've seen were from the east/midwest. Most had at least one son and one daughter still at home. Most stayed primarily in Disney hotels that I can't regularily afford (Deluxes or Home away from Home).

I feel much better knowing that I don't and never will fit those criteria. It's not that I don't love Disney, nor that I don't know a lot. It's that I can't know as much as someone who lives closer and can afford to spend much more time and money there.

We all love Disney, and love to vacation at Disney World. Honestly, we are all incredibly blessed to have been there as often as we have, and we are blessed to have this board to learn from and share on! :thumbsup:

It will be interesting, however, to see how many Intercotee's make it to the panel, vs other boards. :secret: The battle of the boards has begun! :rocks:

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I think my post sounds a little more depressing than I intended. It was supposed to be a bit more sarcastic. I'm not a morning person so it didn't come off right. I do think I just didn't make the cut. I don't understand why they would notify some and not all. It doesn't make any sense.

Iluvpooh
10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Has anyone thought that they may be sending the responses in order they were recieved or alphabetical? My last name starts with "A" and I applied the first day it was open.
Just a thought.

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Has anyone thought that they may be sending the responses in order they were recieved or alphabetical? My last name starts with "A" and I applied the first day it was open.
Just a thought.
My last name starts with "K" and I applied on Sept 6 (I think - that's what the application receipt e-mail says) - I think it was the first day or 2 the contest was open. I've decided to not worry about it anymore. It's out of my control.

whistlewhileyouwork
10-19-2007, 11:32 AM
My last name also ends in K and i sent it in 9/8. Hey we may be on to something.....one can only hope.:mickey:

SAHDad
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
My last name also ends in K and i sent it in 9/8. Hey we may be on to something.....one can only hope.:mickey:

It's doubtful. My last name begins with G, and I sent my app in either Sept 12 or 13 (it was close to midnight, could have been either late on the 12th or very early on the 13th).

Patricia
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
ALso the contest was to end on 10/5 originally and it ended abrutptly in September..

The contest was open until 10/5 or until they received 10,000 applications. Whichever came first.

I think there is some confusion about the rejection letter.. the letter was not a "We're sorry, but absolutely no" response.
It stated that they were looking at other programs and ideas and we would be followed up with at a later date.

That can mean a lot of things.. lets not even try to get into their heads.

Let's all just be happy and supportive for those moving on. This is their time to shine!

:mjump:

magicofdisney
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
My last name begins with a W. I received, what I've come to refer to as, the semi-rejection letter, at the same time as those who first posted about theirs.

Jenemmy
10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
It's doubtful. My last name begins with G, and I sent my app in either Sept 12 or 13 (it was close to midnight, could have been either late on the 12th or very early on the 13th).

Well, I am towards the end of the alphabet and sent my app in the day after it was announced.

Here's the way I am making myself look at it.....I have a trip planned for January and I figure the Dream Team has got something BIG and EXCITING for me that I would have to refuse if I were an employee :D ;) LOL -- HEY -- it's workin' for me!

I really am so happy that 3 of "our own" are moving on. It's exciting!!!!! And look at it this way guys, if another contest comes up, we can all beg and whine until the 3 of them tutor us in writing irresistable essays :mickey:

Jenemmy
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
My last name begins with a W. I received, what I've come to refer to as, the semi-rejection letter, at the same time as those who first posted about theirs.

It really was the nicest rejection I've ever had! LOL. I think they still love me, now is just not our time :blush: LOLOL

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I just got my "thanks but no thanks" email so they are still sending them out. Good to know. And phew, what a relief to know I won't have to travel on Dec 8 and miss my grandfather's 90th birthday party. That would have been a real conflict. :)

McGoofy
10-19-2007, 01:26 PM
You know, they did say that they wouldn't be able to contact EVERYONE who didn't make it to the next round...and the rejection email said they would be contacting us in the near future about other Mom/Disney possibilities they are exploring. Do you think thats why some of us got rejection emails and others didn't?? Do you think we're already in the mix for something else down the road??? I know I'm always looking for the silver lining, but the fact is, not everyone got a rejection email...What do others think?

This whole thing is bizzare about some of us receiving the "While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love for Walt Disney World Resort®" letter. Then the post by Mousketeer Mom got me thinking...The letter also said this: "Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort®, we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details." Perhaps, those of us that got this letter were "possible" candidates that after the cuts, turned into "not at this time" panelists. It sounds like they may use us as candidates for other programs. I also went back to the original rules that are listed on the first page of this thread. There is the one rule that says " Be willing to participate for a minimum of 6 months." Do you think that the panelists will rotate from time to time, and they may possibly use those who got the "follow up with you in the near future" e-mail to select new panelist? Maybe we are the "understudies" for this cast production!!:D

Who knows? None of us could ever guess what's going on here. I'm just confused as to why some of us got the e-mail and some didn't.:confused:

whistlewhileyouwork
10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Well .........at 12:42 this afternoon I recieved a blow to the heart! Im out just like most of you...........so dissapointed.:mickey:

tinksmom02
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Another reject here :( And I even tried the positive thinking approach this time, you know, the glass is half full, instead of my typical "the glass is shattered all over the floor" approach LOL THAT got me really far ;) Oh, well.

Congrats to those of you moving on! I wish you the best of luck!

McGoofy
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe these delayed rejection letters got lost in Cyber Space Mountain!:coaster:

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey! Guess what I got today! Yup, my rejection letter! I'm just really glad to know one way or the other. It wasn't even disappointing to open it since I had already gone through all of those emotions over the last 2 days.

So, here's hoping our fellow Intercotees who were chosen to advance all make it to the panel! Best of luck to you all!

wendy*darling
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
My rejection came at 12:42 today as well. :mickey: It was a nice rejection letter!

Oh well, it was fun thinking about the possibilities. I still plan to work there someday in retirement.
But for now- I will continue to hang out here with my INTERCOT buddies. :thumbsup:

luvkatiebug
10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Got my rejection letter today too, now I'm bummed! Hope someone on Intercot gets to do it! I guess I'll just have to wait until next year to get there!:crying:

WishingStar2006
10-20-2007, 11:04 AM
got my rejection email too:(:pout:...i'm pretty bummed.....

Congratulations :thumbsup:to the three who are moving on to round 2....we're all supporting you!:cheer::cheer:

boo425
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I haven't rec'd any letter or email yet...is anyone else still wondering if they have moved on?

Deesdisney
10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I have not rec. anything either but you could say that I take that as a sorry. I am still going in Jan. so that is ok.

Patricia
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Was today the due date for round two?

I can't wait to hear how our 3 Intercotees do on this round.. :)

LottaLubes
10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes, our due date for round 2 was 12 a.m. this morning (or midnight last night) EST. We haven't heard any results back yet. I'm expecting we will hear tomorrow or Friday as round 3 (phone interviews) start on Monday. I'm assuming they will want to schedule a time for those who move on.

I've received a couple emails from Disney, but none related to MOMS panel. I'm standing by.... :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-24-2007, 11:20 PM
i am moving on to the next round!!! I don't really look on here much in the last few weeks, i've been so busy at work... but, I got my next round letter last week and I sent in my entry last Sunday. I can't wait to hear back! That makes 4 of us!!!!!:thumbsup:

McGoofy
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
i am moving on to the next round!!! I don't really look on here much in the last few weeks, i've been so busy at work... but, I got my next round letter last week and I sent in my entry last Sunday. I can't wait to hear back! That makes 4 of us!!!!!:thumbsup:

:congrats: YEA!!! Another chance for an Intercotee to make it on the panel! Best wishes!:pixie::cheer::tink:

Patricia
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Congrats Jennifer!!

:cheer: Good Luck to the four of you! :cheer:

LibertyTreeGal
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, congrats to those who made it -- how exciting!!

JoRy
10-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Just to keep everyone informed...the next set of interviews (phone) are supposed to be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (skipping Halloween). So far, I have not heard anything from the judges, and there are about 20 people in the next round from another site, and they have not heard anything either as of 2:30 central time on Friday. We are all a little confused as to how they are going to schedule phone interviews on such short notice, but as soon as I (or any of the other semi-finalists) find out we will let you know.

It is really driving a lot of us crazy...but what can you do.

Patricia
10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, that is leaving it late. You'll have to go with "No news is good news" I guess. :thumbsup:

We are are still rooting for all of you!

LottaLubes
10-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Intercotees - check in! I made it to the final round! :yay:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :number1:

I JUST GOT THE EMAIL AT 6:04 EST!!!

Oh my gosh.. i'm freakin' out. The email said to reply with the number that would be best to reach me over the weekend so that interviews could be scheduled on Monday Tues or Thursday. the 26 finalists will know whether or not they made it around November 7th.

I'm so excited I'm shaking! Please, please send me pixie dust!!!! :cloud9:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Intercotees - check in! I made it to the final round! :yay:

congrats!!! see you at the finish line!!!! :thumbsup:

LottaLubes
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
congrats!!! see you at the finish line!!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats to you also! I can't believe we are down to 26...from 10,000!

McGoofy
10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :number1:

I JUST GOT THE EMAIL AT 6:04 EST!!!

Oh my gosh.. i'm freakin' out. The email said to reply with the number that would be best to reach me over the weekend so that interviews could be scheduled on Monday Tues or Thursday. the 26 finalists will know whether or not they made it around November 7th.

I'm so excited I'm shaking! Please, please send me pixie dust!!!! :cloud9:

Congrats to you also! I can't believe we are down to 26...from 10,000!

Oh how exciting!!! I am rooting for both of you to make it on the panel. GO INTERCOTEES!!!:pixie::tink:

I will be at the real place tomorrow for a whole week, so I will see if I can send some REAL pixie dust your way!! :D

Question for you guys...I know before the round, you didn't want to tell us what round 2 involved, but now can you share with us what you had to do?

:call:Best wishes with your phone interview!!:call:

Patricia
10-27-2007, 10:57 AM
WooHoooo!

Wow, I'm so excited for the both of you.

:cheer:

Anyone else hear back yet?

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh how exciting!!! I am rooting for both of you to make it on the panel. GO INTERCOTEES!!!:pixie::tink:

I will be at the real place tomorrow for a whole week, so I will see if I can send some REAL pixie dust your way!! :D

Question for you guys...I know before the round, you didn't want to tell us what round 2 involved, but now can you share with us what you had to do?

:call:Best wishes with your phone interview!!:call:

Thanks for the pixie dust!!! I just got off the phone with Disney to schedule my phone interview. Its on Monday at 3:40pm. oh geez....:fingers:

I'm not sure why no one wanted to talk about round 2 (I haven't read this entire thread) but, it was a second set of questions to answer. I don't quite remember what those questions were though. haahaa....:confused:

The person that called me congratulated me on being part of the top 25... which I though was top 26. Oh well. She took down my email address to send me something and my home address to send me some paperwork. She said the interview would be with some Disney executives. I wonder who's going to talk to little ol' me....

I'm so excited I can't take it.:minnie:

JoRy
10-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry for not getting back with you guys sooner, but I MADE IT, too. I have not been called yet to set up my interview, but I was one of the final 26. I really cannot believe it but that makes 3 Intercotees....pretty amazing.

I will let you know what happens next, and to the other two finalists, good luck...let's hope we meet each other in December at the training.:cloud9::cloud9: