PDA

View Full Version : favorite ts places to eat

aiacob
09-06-2007, 01:07 PM
What are some of your top choices for ts meals breakfast , lunch, and dinner. Thanks for your advice. Angie

laprana
09-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I think at least part of the decision has to be based on your group's tastes and circumstances (i.e., if you have kids, just adults, if you like buffets, if you want to do dinner shows, etc.).

Some of the best meals I have had at WDW were at Spoodles, O'hana, Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, and Boma. In terms of a fun and entertaining atmosphere, I really liked Sci-Fi Dine-In, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and 50's Prime Time Cafe (they all had good food, too!).

We have only ever eaten dinner for our TS meals. For our trip next summer, we're planning a breakfast at Chef Mickey's, which I've heard really good things about. We also haven't done many character dinners, but are planning to try more of those in the future.

It's hard to find a bad restaurant in WDW!:thumbsup:

goofiecrazy
09-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Sci-Fi,ESPN club,Chef Mickeys and Donalds breakfast over in AK.

SBETigg
09-06-2007, 01:35 PM
California Grill and Narcoossee's were two of our best dinners. 'Ohana and Boma were different and a lot of fun for dinner, too. We enjoy San Angel Inn for lunch. We generally skip breakfast and grab snacks, but I'm sure you'll get a lot of breakfast advice.

cal5755
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
We gear our meals around the children so we do lots of character dining and buffets. We love Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace and Captn Jacks... The kids ask to go back every year to those 3.

goofysbabe
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine In, Primetime 50's, Whispering Canyon. I have two children ages 7 & 9 and they love all the above as much as I do. We were there a year ago August and to this day they still talk about Whispering Canyon. Le Cellier has wonderful pretzel bread & cheese soup. I like everything at Sci-Fi - the kids love the old cars and the movie trailers. At 50's it's like eatin at your families house. There is another place not TS, but it's really good and cheap - The Earl of Sandwich at DTD, be sure to give that one a try sometime.

09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Breakfast - we love Crystal Palace & getting into the park before park opening.
Lunch - we usually do cs meals
Dinner - Biergarten, CRT & Crystal Palace

As you can see, we really like Crystal Palace. This has been a favorite & tradition to go here for years. Biergarten is now at the top of our list also.

Tygger7
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Welcome to Intercot! Some of our favorites are: Whispering Canyone Cafe, Sci Fi Drive In, Coral Reef, and San Angel Inn. Our favorite counter service restaurant was Roaring Fork in the Wilderness Lodge. The food was good, and since we were staying in the WL, it was very convenient. :D

January-2007
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's our favorites from what we've tried:

Breakfast-
#1- Chef Mickey's
#2- 'Ohana

Lunch-
#1- Sci Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
#2- 50's Prime Time Cafe
#3- Trails End

Dinner-
#1- Grand Floridian Cafe
#2- Biergarten

ledudes
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I usually base my choices on my schedule, more than the actual food quality. We always like to have a meal at the castle for atmosphere, and usually finish our trip at the Crystal Palace breakfast. Peco Bills is always a fave for cs. We enjoyedthe food at Le Cellier last year so we will be going back again this Sept. and I enjoy Prime Time Cafe and my Mother loves the Brown Derby. We end up doing lots of character meals too, which are usually buffet. I have heard good things about Boma for different food choices so we'll be trying it out on our next trip.

GrmGrninGost
09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Some of my favorites are the California Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Coral Reef and 50's Prime Time Diner for dinner. For breakfast I like Chef Mickey's. We usually do CS for lunch, but we often pay OOP and go to the Plaza Restaurant. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
My husband and two teenagers 17, 19 like the following places-
Table Service:
Breakfast - Crystal Palace
Dinner - Ohana, LeCellier, The Liberty Tree Tavern
We always do counter service for lunches:
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House & Flame Tree BBQ are our top picks
We don't have a preference at the other parks.

Jared
09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I will list my three favorite table service restaurants for each meal.

Breakfast

Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Kona Cafe (Polynesian)
Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom)

Lunch

Kona Cafe (Polynesian)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom)

Dinner

Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
'Ohana (Polynesian)
Kona Cafe (Polynesian)

Honorable Mention:

Cape May Cafe (Beach Club)

like2workout
09-07-2007, 09:03 AM
i have 2 must go-to favorites: the brown derby (but not with kids), and liberty tree. i try not to miss either one.

KarenP
09-07-2007, 05:37 PM
My favorites for breakfast are Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona Cafe.

For lunch I like Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time.

For dinner it would be 'Ohana and Le Cellier.

AlvyOT08
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
My favorites would have to be

Breakfast:
Chef Mickey's

Lunch/Dinner:
LIberty Tree Tavern
Biergarten
Rose and Crown

Coral Reef wasn't bad, but it's not a favorite. However, if you've never been there, it's really cool to sit and look at the aquarium as you eat!

Kairi_7378
09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
CA Grill is a great place for dinner.
O'hana has always looked tempting.

2girlsmom
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
We have young ones (DD2, DD5), so we always do character meals....our favorites are:

Akershus (breakfast - the yummiest potatoes!) :mickey:
Crystal Palace (breakfast - so many choices, such a small stomach!)
CRT (breakfast/lunch - both great!)
Tusker House (lunch or dinner - we're going to miss it when the new buffet opens!)
Chef Mickey's (dinner - lots of fun and good food, too!)

Enjoy!!!