PDA

View Full Version : New Deluxe Linens

illini
09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
So, the deluxe linen upgrade should have begun on 8/25. Anyone been at CR since then? (Yeah, I know... a little soon to ask!) I'm so excited about this as it should be rolled out in the Poly well before our trip. No more 180TC sheets. Anyone know the specs on the new sheets and towels?

SurferStitch
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Ooh! How nice! I didn't know they were upgrading the linens....Can't wait to try them out at the Poly in December! :thumbsup:

frakers
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
We will be at the Beach Club in 15 days and I hadn't heard anything about upgraded linens. I'm hoping it's true though. After buying my family high thread count sheets a while back, I now recommend them to everyone and I've even bought them as presents. There really is a big difference in the feel and I hope that the Deluxe resorts do switch over...and soon! :thumbsup:

illini
09-06-2007, 11:31 PM
OK, I could definitely be wrong, but I seem to recall the Y&BCs rollouts as being later on the list... Oct or Nov.

I've read about this in a couple of places, but can't remember where to save my life. If I remember, I'll look it up.

And yeah... we love high TC sheets. Even my kids can tell a difference.

illini
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
I click reply and my brain clicks with one place I read it.

It's on tikiman's poly site, under news. It says BC is scheduled for Oct 6th. I'm sorry! I'll see if I can remember where else I read it and perhaps they'll have more updated info. He hasn't added anything to that since May 07.

Spaceship Tigger
09-07-2007, 07:26 AM
I click reply and my brain clicks with one place I read it.

It's on tikiman's poly site, under news. It says BC is scheduled for Oct 6th. I'm sorry! I'll see if I can remember where else I read it and perhaps they'll have more updated info. He hasn't added anything to that since May 07.

I wonder how long it takes get get all of the new towels and sheets in there. Just wondering if we should expect them at the Poly on Sept 15th if they start putting them in on the 8th.

mousetrapper
09-07-2007, 09:29 AM
We'll be at Poly in November too!

I love that there are always new things to look forward to every time we visit WDW!

:mickey:

NJRRK
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
So, the deluxe linen upgrade should have begun on 8/25. Anyone been at CR since then? (Yeah, I know... a little soon to ask!) I'm so excited about this as it should be rolled out in the Poly well before our trip. No more 180TC sheets. Anyone know the specs on the new sheets and towels?

We were at CR from 8/25 to 9/1. The sheets were very comfortable and SOFT. The pillows looked good, but once you put your head on them they smooshed. DW and I had to use 3 pillows each. The beds are actually quite comfortable also.

illini
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Sounds like they did the switch, since I don't think anyone would capitalize the word SOFT when describing standard Disney sheets.

Too bad about the pillows, though. Guess I know something else I'll be packing!

I appreciate the update!

Here we go again...
09-11-2007, 04:48 AM
We were at CR from 8/25 to 9/1. The sheets were very comfortable and SOFT. The pillows looked good, but once you put your head on them they smooshed. DW and I had to use 3 pillows each. The beds are actually quite comfortable also.

Could they be feather pillows, or maybe down?

I am just hoping the sheets FIT the bed. There is nothing worse than flipping over and ending up on bare mattress. :ack:
Of course if the sheets are any better than 180 thread count they will no longer stick to you. :thumbsup:

r4kids
09-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Will this change include Old Key West?
PLEASE! I can only hope.
11 days, 5 mins and 32 secs

SBETigg
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I know the GF didn't have them between 8/19-8/29. Our beds were wonderful, the pillows were great, but the sheets? Ack. Scratchy, rough, not good. I'm glad there's an upgrade in the works!

Darbylew
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Is this for all the resorts? I hope so. I hope they
fit the beds better as the ones now seem to
come undone as you sleep and sometimes when
you pull the spread down the sheets are already
hanging out. They just don't tuck in good or
they are just not wide enough for the beds.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007!

illini
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Although I personally love down pillows, I really hope that's not what they're using. DS is REALLY allergic and a stray feather will set off a bad asthma attack. Surely they'd have alternate pillows, right?

As to the other resorts, everything I've read just indicates the deluxe resorts. No DVC, no mod, no value. Doesn't mean it won't happen in the future, I guess, but it seems they've only announced it for the deluxes. You guys are right, though, the non-fitting stiff sheets are ridiculous. I hope they do upgrade in all the resorts.

Clotho
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Just got back from Poly. The sheets were soft. Not sure if they were new at all. They did come undone easily, which we didn't like.

On our third to last day, all the towels were brand new. Much nicer! Plush and soft! Wished we had them the whole time!

As for pillows, we had a mix of medium pillows and soft down ones. Combine the two and it was perfect for me.